Sign in to follow this  
king canary

What an odd article...

''Farke in no rush for contract talks.''

Well yes, I''d imagine after a 14th place finish and some exceedingly boring football we''re not exactly in a rush to extend his contract either.

Let''s just hope our chairman is not around because i remember he was in a hurry up to get Alex Neil to extend his contract and look how that ended.

If I remember correctly he looked great for about 20 minutes in his first game but after that he was absolute rubbish.
Yet another value investment [;)]

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I liked the one about ''former city star'' Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe moving from Olympiacos to Gent the other day. Didn''t he play for us about 11 or 12 times? [/quote]

He''s magic you knoooooooooow Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe.

Youd think its just a page filler but it''s an odd time to ask him.

Personally, I think he will get a new contract offer this season.

"Personally, I think he will get a new contract offer this season."

I''m not so sure actually and feel that if next season is no improvement upon the last then there is every chance that there will be a mutual parting of the ways and that he will pack his bags and head back to a decent job in Germany on the back of the managerial experience he has gained at Carrow Road.

If, however, there is considerable improvement with his team perhaps threatening the top six, then you could be right.

If he super succeeds and gets the club promoted then he could be at Carrow Road for the long haul. However, with a promotion and Premier League management on his CV he will surely be in great demand.

The incentive is there for him and the sky could be the limit. Whether or not our club eventually reaches the sky, ie. PL permanence, is another matter.

I don''t think Farke will be around a particularly long time (although a couple of seasons is a long time in the EFL).

His reputation is very high in Germany, hence some Bundesliga clubs have looked at bringing him in already, if he starts to show some signs of progress and pushes Norwich up the table then that interest will become much firmer.

I can see why it is important right now though - there are certain players at Norwich who have come to the club, largely due to Farke - especially Leitner. Any uncertainty on his situation will start to make them feel uneasy also.

As for Webber, he can of course be replaced at anytime. Although the idea is a Sporting Director is judged on a much longer term than a Head Coach.

Personally I still see Norwich as a club in ''transition'' - while there are still players costing Norwich big money, but who aren''t being played at the club (Naismith, Jarvis) then Norwich can''t operate to their maximum capacity. Even guys like Klose and Pinto who are playing are still taking up a big chunk of wages - I don''t think it would be too hard to replace them with others of equal ability but on much smaller wages.

Managers will always argue that they have a good idea of how they want to organise a club and the playing staff.

And they always believe that they need time to change things from the previous coach/manager.

Many have to work with the playing staff they inherit of course but DF has almost changed the complete squad.

So any success or failure is down to him. I really don''t know Webber''s contribution so won''t comment on that.

Last season was one of grudging acceptance that we were in transition but many of us were unhappy with the style and tempo of play certainly in the second half of the season.

So this season has to be an improvement not only for us supporters but for DF personally. And if he improves, then as is the nature of football, he will attract attention from clubs in a bit of bother.

I wouldn''t blame him or the club if he left or if we sacked him. That is the life of a coach in football at the higher level.

I''d be happy to let him go,he hasn''t and still doesn''t show any signs of adapting to the English Championship.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I''d be happy to let him go,he hasn''t and still doesn''t show any signs of adapting to the English Championship.[/quote]
Just remember that before that might happen Inchy our Ed would have to renegotiate Farke''s contract to include a £2 million pay off in the event he is sacked just like Alex Neil.
Allegedly. [;)]

I think that whatever happens Farke will see his contract out.

Hughton''s ridiculously timed sacking was suicidal and expensive.

Neil''s was expensive.

Lessons well heeded.

Til,

I was under the impression the contract extension for AN was McNally''s parting gift?

The official line about Neil''s contract is it was amended when Norwich were relegated to alter the amount his wages were reduced on relegation to match the amount players had their wages reduced.

The £2m payout was already in his contract - a fixed payout fee is pretty much standard in all manager''s contracts.

Broadstairs - Hughton''s ridiculously timed sacking was suicidal and expensive.

Agreed, he could and should have been sacked a lot earlier.

Yes. One or the other.

5 games left was just silly- either sack him 5 games earlier or once the season is done.

[quote user="ridgeman"]One of the problems to my way of thinking is what if Farke is not the problem but Webber is are we stuck with him.
[/quote]
When Webber turned up he would have been told that there was no money to spend, that the entire squad would have to be replaced in a 2 year period (because we couldn''t afford their wages without parachute payments), and that he''d had to generate a transfer surplus to pay off the likes of Naismith and Jarvis, who we couldn''t afford after the payments had gone.
And to overhaul the unproductive scouting network, and to increase the number of first team players coming through the academy.
In view of those constraints, it''s a miracle the club isn''t a basket case, so I think Webber''s doing a good job.