Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Derby loan kings

Well, it seems as though ol'' fat Frank is sweeping up on the loan players we were interested in (albeit nothing concrete yet) and it got me thinking...Surely the parent club would be more interested in sending a player out on loan to a team with a coach who has a history of developing young players and making them better?All Lampard is doing is going off his name and his Chelsea connections. I can''t see any concrete evidence that he knows how to manage a football club or develop players. He doesn''t have a history of this, as far as I''m aware. It will be interesting/potentially comical to see how things work out for him there...

I think it has more to do with promises of game time rather than anything else.

Liverpool refused to send Wilson to Rangers as they felt the League wasn’t good enough. I suspect Norwich pulled out of the Wilson deal as Liverpool will also add punitive payments to a loan deal if the player doesn’t get game time.

It is a shame as Mount in particular is a real talent and could be like Pritchard was in his loan to Brentford. Norwich are very well resourced in midfield though wouldn’t be able to guarantee the game time.

The Lampard connection is probably largely just media talk as it is an easy narrative.

@Bethnal

I reckon it still helps though- people more willing to take your calls, put good words in etc etc and someone like Mount might be quite excited at working with someone like Lampard who would have been tearing it up in the Premier League while he was growing up.

Also re Liverpool- wasn''t there talk the lad they loaned to Cardiff last year came with some tough clauses to guarantee game time?

Lampard being there would help with Mount’s view. By often clubs (especially Chelsea) don’t really care what the player’s opinion is.

The influence of personal connections are waning in football, especially at Premier League level. They may feel going to work under Lampard, one of the best attacking midfielders of recent years, is good for Mount. But game time is a bigger issue.

Yes, the Grujic loan had a clause that meant Cardiff had to pay a smaller fee depending on the apperences he made. Liverpool are now using this as standard in all their loans. Which is why I was always a little sceptical about the Wilson loan.

Wilson had a good season with Hull and I would have been very happy with his signing but Stoke and Derby probably will pay more and have more chance of challenging this year, so he is bound to go to one of them over us.

Maybe the guarantee of game time will help if we wanted Ward from Liverpool. A double loan swoop for him and Woodburn would be quite a coup.

Perhaps we''re waiting to see how much they can get for Oliveira before paying out £4-5m in loan fees (complete guesswork on the amount...).

Lampard will probably do ok there due to his mates doing him a favour with a few loan players. Unfortunately that''s how it works sometimes. Mount and Wilson would be two very good loans albeit I don;t think either are essential for us looking at our squad now.

I don''t know... I think Wilson would have been an excellent signing and perhaps offer more in those wide positions/number 10 than a lot of the players we have on our books just now. When I say that I mean he would appear to be more ''proven'' in that position and able to make things happen. He knows this league. I guess we really have no idea on how Buendia, Pukki etc. will work out at this point.I don''t know a huge amount about Mount (that''s a mouthful) but I know that he is well thought of at Chelsea and in the England camp. In my opinion, though, Wilson could have really transformed our season.

The main reason we have Passlack is because his 2 year loan at Hoffenheim was terminated because they did not give him enough game time.