Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

any streams from the club today?

that was what I was thinking, but I believe it was last season (or perhaps even the US tour, i''ve lost track of summers) we had every game streamed. so was hoping for the best.

Would love to be able to see it on a stream but it seems highly unlikely to me! I wonder if anyone knows differently?

Fairly poor show if there is no stream for friendlies. It''s not that expensive or difficult, so really no  reason why they can''t do it and there is surely a demand and interest for it amongst fans.

Really?

You''re not entitled to be able to watch every game.

Also my understanding is live streaming is actually not that easy or cheap to do. Recording to watch later is easier.

Cost of streaming to 10,000 people at a decent bandwidth would cost in the region of £1500, plus the one off cost of the camera equipment if they don''t already possess it, which they probably do.

Would love to see this game, my fault for not arranging to go, Tankus the Hedge took priorety, see you in the moshh City 1st with your dictionary👍

Where did you get your price of £1500 from LDC? How much bandwidth do we need? What type of streaming service are we providing? How are going to live stream? What infrastructure do we need to set up thats not already in place at Luton? How much does the IT technician cost for the night? £50 an hour or £500?

Is it possible you picked that figure out of completely thin air?

[quote user="hogesar"]Is it possible you picked that figure out of completely thin air?[/quote]The lengths some people will resort to just to hear a Lakey''s Lecture. [;)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Where did you get your price of £1500 from LDC? How much bandwidth do we need? What type of streaming service are we providing? How are going to live stream? What infrastructure do we need to set up thats not already in place at Luton? How much does the IT technician cost for the night? £50 an hour or £500?

Is it possible you picked that figure out of completely thin air?[/quote]
I went to a website calcultor  https://planetstream.net/prices/live-event-calculator.html  that asked how many people would want to watch and  the quality of the stream.  I reckoned 10,000 people would be enough and 800 kbps, added the length of the event of 90 minutes and it came to £1500.
The equipment the club probably own already, there surely is an IT at NCFC who can set up a stream through a computer or laptop on wi-fi. If not there ought to be.  
So not made uo out of thin air.  I thank you. [:P]