Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Predicted Lineup for Birmingham

Morning, with the news of Krul signing I thought i would try and work out our favoured 11 and who we are likely to start with against Birmingham and i really cant do it with any certainty.
In central defence do we go with 2 or 3, with 2 you would go for Klose and Hanley (if fit), with 3 do you bring in Zimmermann or Godfrey?
With Wing Backs do you opt for Passlack and Lewis or Bring Marshall or Pinto in?
In the Holding Midfield Position I imagine we will play 2, with Vrancic injured we can rule him out but then you have to choose from Thompson (with an impressive pre season), Leitner, Tettey and Trybull.
Attacking Midfield we have to choose from Cantwell, Buendia, McClean and Wingers of Hernandez, Marshall and perhaps Pukki.
Upfront we still have Oliviera, Srbeny, Pukki and Rhodes.
I have ignored Mcgovern, Matthews, Husband, Stiepermann, Jarvis, Morris (Injured) as i dont imagine they will be considered for the starting 11.
So my Predicted team would be
Krul
Lewis
Hanley
Klose
Godfrey
Passlack
Tettey
Leitner
Hernandez
McClean
Rhodes
In a kind of 5 1 3 1
I am probably going to be completely wrong, for the world cup we did a predictor league where we all stuck in £5 and the closest team took the pot, would anybody be interested for a bit of fun?
Be interested to see how you all think we will be lining up either way, fingers crossed we have more to be excited about this season!

I have been in China and Hong Kong, got back Sunday after 4 weeks. Although i do remember reading that now just skipped my memory with so much else happening, So I would put Thompson into his position..
Anything else i have missed, Maddision been loaned back to us for the season perhaps?

If we go with a 3-4-3 I''ll say...

Krul

Hanley

Klose

Zimmermann

Passlack

Thompson

Leitner

Lewis

Hernandez

Rhodes

McLean

Bench of

Matthews

Godfrey

Marshall

Pukki

Buendia

Vrancic

Srebeny

I think Farke will look to a flexible team where it can either be 4141, 4231 or 352 during a match.  If fit and on form I think Trybull has to play but Godfrey I think will be a key player too for his ability at CB and DM - so with those two, it should mean a tight unit defensively, which is important early in the season -
                    Krul
Passlack  Hanley Klose Lewis
                 Godfrey
Hernandez Trybull Leitner Pukki
                    Rhodes
Godfrey able to switch to the CB position, so with just one change - Mclean for Hernandez, could equally look 352 -
                               Krul
               Hanley  Godfrey Klose 
 Passlack  Mclean Trybull Leitner  Lewis       
                      Rhodes   Pukki
Buendia could be a key impact player from the bench also.

Doesn''t this just prove we have a better more balanced side than last season with the options we''ve got. I have two opinions on this 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3 as follows:

Krul

Zimmermann-Hanley-Klose

Passlack-Trybull-Leitner-Lewis

McClean

Rhodes-Pukki

or

Krul

Passlack-Hanley-Klose-Lewis

Leitner-Trybull-McClean

Marshall-Rhodes-Hernandez

From the teams so far its looking like our guaranteed starters are Krul, Klose, Hanley and Lewis and the rest is anyones guess with our felxibility.
I would like to see a lot more of Hernandez as from what i saw last season and how I have heard his preseason has gone, i think he is a ready and waiting replacement for Murphy.  He has pace, trickery and tracks back - just need to see if he has the end product of assists and goals.
I am optimistic as i always am at preseason, i would like to see Thompson and Godfrey establish themselves into the team early on in the season and Cantwell grow into it.

Aren''t you Hanley and Lewis both recovering from injury and doubtful to make the opening game of the season?

Hanley is back in training and i imagine he will be in for the first game, he is so important to us.  Latest news i could find said Lewis had a muscle problem which had cleared up and then had a stomach bug, that was on the 20th July. I would hope both are fit for Birmingham.

4141 is my best guess, assuming fitiness is ok I think I would like to see

Krul*

Passlack Hanley* Klose Lewis*

Thompson*

Onel Leitner Trybull Pukki

Rhodes*

Subs

Matthews* Zimmerman Steiperman Godfrey* Marshall* McLean, Buendia

I imagine we might have to go with a back three if Tettey is out.

I prefer that tactic as it means we only need one defensive midfield player.

Absolutely spot on in my eyes. Only potential changes are Lewis not being fit. So id expect Stieperman, passlack or Husband. Unless Max Aarons has impressed?

And Rhodes not being fit, so Pukki replaces and in the hole we play Leitner. Adding Thompson in DM pushing Trybull up a little.

[quote user="lincsy88"]Doesn''t this just prove we have a better more balanced side than last season with the options we''ve got. I have two opinions on this 3-4-1-2 or 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3 as follows:

Krul

Zimmermann-Hanley-Klose

Passlack-Trybull-Leitner-Lewis

McClean

Rhodes-Pukki

or

Krul

Passlack-Hanley-Klose-Lewis

Leitner-Trybull-McClean

Marshall-Rhodes-Hernandez[/quote]

Interesting that Farke played Aarons at left back last night and he did ok although looked better when switched to the right. Perhaps that was with a view to seeing if he could cover for Lewis who must now be unlikely to start at Brum. In my view Marshall has to be in the starting line up and I think we need Hernandez. I would play Pukki if we go for a line front man as it’s more his game. It’s slmost impossible to predict but I for:

Krul

Passlack Hanley Klose Husband

Trybull McClean Leitner

Marshall Pukki Hernandez

Having seen them at Luton last night and seen what Farke has been doing I am pretty sure they are locked in for a 4-1-4-1

My guess is probably

Krul

Marshall

Hanley

Klose

Lewis

Thompson

McLean

Pukki

Hernandez

Leitner

Rhodes

If Rhodes isn''t fit then Pukki moves up front, Marshall to midfield and Passlack to RB.

I just get the feeling he likes the idea of Marshall at RB pushing on hard.