Match thread v Luton

Looks like

Krul

Aarons Hanley Godfrey Marshall

Thomson

Buendia Cantwell McLean

Rhodes Pukki

With only one friendly left that seems very strange to me

Sounds like a good half finished off with an excellent team goal. Encouraging so far from a team with several fringe players in the line up.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Any news on how Rhodes is?

(Please skip the "It''s hot at this time of year" type answers)[/quote]
They won''t know for a while. He could walk but was having trouble putting weight on his foot.

Re Nelson - back in training apparently, but Michael Bailey seems confident he will be sold...

2 strikers injured. Hope it''s not cambridge Utd 2.0.

Maybe we will need a last hurrah from Nelson or Idah might get a go if Rhodes and Pukki are crocked

Doesn''t sound like Pukki''s knock is too bad and Jordan himself & the physio seem hopeful that Jordan''s injury isn''t too serious

DF on Pukki '''' “It doesn’t look too bad,” said Farke. “Although his socks were pretty bloody. It was a tough tackle and I was really angry with this situation''''

DF on Jordan '''' A bit of a worry. We have to wait. We are a bit concerned that there is something in the ligament of his ankle, he slipped away a bit and it is the inner ligament that we are concerned about it. His first reaction, and he is an experienced lad, is that it will be okay.That was the same from the physio. The ankle is a bit swollen and we have to wait how it develops overnight. We’ll have a scan and we will know more when we get that. Hopefully it was the right decision to take him off immediately.

Klose was rested,

Herr Farke seems to have a nice sense of humour:

Timm Klose sat out the latest friendly win after a heavy recent workload.

“We got the feeling he is a player in the defence who had the most minutes in pre-season,” said Farke. “He is 30 meanwhile and there must be an advantage when you get to this age. Last season the guys over 30 needed a rest at times and he said he was looking forward to getting the same when he reached 30. We then told him in the summer the borderline is now 31 but I was only joking.

“It was time for him to stay on the sofa.”

I am liking his little jokes very much. For sure.

Indeed hope he is ok, it may be only the friendly stages we are going thru, and it maybe different formations each match, but nonetheless we have seen the names of Pukki, Rhodes and Srbeny on the scoresheet regularly enough thru these matches to at least make me feel anyway that there is definitely positivity at last...life after Jerome and Olly, indeed even after Madders, that goals can and will be more in abundance this  new season from bona fide strikers.
With Carlton Morris sidelined for so long it would be a real low to have Rhodes suffer a lengthy spell injured to before the real stuff even begins.
Fingers crossed.

[quote user="Diane"]Doesn''t sound like Pukki''s knock is too bad and Jordan himself & the physio seem hopeful that Jordan''s injury isn''t too serious

DF on Pukki '''' “It doesn’t look too bad,” said Farke. “Although his socks were pretty bloody. It was a tough tackle and I was really angry with this situation''''

DF on Jordan '''' A bit of a worry. We have to wait. We are a bit concerned that there is something in the ligament of his ankle, he slipped away a bit and it is the inner ligament that we are concerned about it. His first reaction, and he is an experienced lad, is that it will be okay.That was the same from the physio. The ankle is a bit swollen and we have to wait how it develops overnight. We’ll have a scan and we will know more when we get that. Hopefully it was the right decision to take him off immediately.

Klose was rested,[/quote]
cheers for that
hopefully both are ok
otherwise it does sound as if it is all coming together
roll on the 4th

Really annoying that two tackles from Luton players may have crocked strikers who were likely to start at Birmingham.

I read that the one on Pukki was a nasty one from behind that got a yellow card but deserved a red. The good thing is it sounds as if he''s just got a cut and there''s no longer term damage.

The Rhodes one sounded like a block tackle where he came off worst, which could''ve happened in any game. Just disappointing that it came in this one to an important player - just as it did with Pritchard last pre-season. Fingers crossed it''s not too bad.

We are a bit unlucky with these pre season friendlies, it always seems to happen against lower league teams.

i saw a short clip only about 3 mins and in it we had the ball near luton''s box passed it around then back then passed it side to side and then a bad backpass to Krul who was closed down and it went out for a corner or goal kick

it was only 3 minsnot the whole game like i said

but i hope Farke drops that tactic this season