Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

GET HIM IN..

I''d imagine lots of posters are going to shoot you down for that...

But realistically, Iwan or Doc? Doc or Iwan? Hmmm. I know which one I''d choose...

thats be 100% real should we Roberts was outstanding player and role model for this club but he did struggle when on loan at Cambridge last season....

He was a hero here when he left let him stay that!

Iwan roberts! i do hope your not serious, He must move in reverse these days as he was so slow when he left us.

doc or roberts, ummmmmm let me think........ DOC every time

mmmm... ronbol ronbol you are so correct IWAN was such a cart horse that he was never any good and the DOC is a goal scoring city legend.. wakey wakey.. or perhaps you started watching city after cardiff final.. oh there goes one wheel off the band wagon

can''t hide the fact that he is a ncfc legend or his goal scoring record for us, but my point was that we should be moving forwards and not backwards.

A move for Iwan no matter how much we admired and liked him is no reason to start moving this club in reverse.

as for when i first watched Iwan, well that has to be his amazing first season with us. ohhh the goals he scored that season i''ll never forget.

This is the sort of recommendation that would really take this club forward.  I mean come on Gillingham Cambradge et al did not want him and yet suddenly he can come back here and put us on the promotion trail.  By his own admission he is giving the game up at the end of this season and when he was here two seasons ago he was feeling the strain in those old muscles as stated in his book.  Lets leave the past as the past and look forward.

[quote]mmmm... ronbol ronbol you are so correct IWAN was such a cart horse that he was never any good and the DOC is a goal scoring city legend.. wakey wakey.. or perhaps you started watching city after card...[/quote]

where do you draw the line?  Ted MacDougall was a goal scoring legend and so was Noel Kinsey who conveniently still lives close by - perhaps we should give them a call too???

Iwans day has long since passed - he is not a viable option now and we have to look forward and not back.

Partners for Ashton should be Hendo or McVeigh first, then Jarvis due to lack of games and then 4-5-1 followed by Doc...  Give youth their chance.

OTBC

Iwan was a city legend and should be left that way. Yes i would love to see him back again, but not on the field of play?

IWAN IWAN IWAN?

Hilarious. Presumably if Flem (ever-present, player of the year) had left at the end of our championship-winning season, you''d now be calling for him to shore up our creaky defence.

Iwan: great bloke, decent player, saved us from relegation about six years ago, contributed very little to the run that led us to Cardiff (and I haven''t forgotten the goal in the final); contributed even less to our title-winning season. Couldn''t get in to the Gillingham side that got relegated; couldn''t save the Cambridge side that aren''t even in the League any more.

Zema''s tendon - Zema''s actual tendon - would have more chance of improving our team...