Sign in to follow this  
Bill

emptying the bins

Well it looks like they''ve already spent more in transfer fees on their new striker than we did on either one of ours this window.

Actually that''s fake news Surfer, and I should imagine the Rhodes deal was costly.

You also seem to have a memory lapse about a few others.

[quote user="Surfer"]Well it looks like they''ve already spent more in transfer fees on their new striker than we did on either one of ours this window.[/quote]
they ?

[quote user="Ben"]
I wonder if this will be the season that we see parts of poorman road closed off ?
According to those farmhands who can count there were times last season when poorman road was only around one third full. Even their ''cup final'' when we grace their hovel doesn''t sell out.
Perhaps they could raise some much needed cash by selling off the thousands and thousands of unused blue seats and bring in straw bales when it looks like they may have more than 15,000 or so.
I''m sure many of their fans would feel far more at home that way.
[/quote]

Just saw an article about policing at games, that had a link to the data used. Ipswich Championship attendances ranged from 13,031 (Hull) to 24,928 (Norwich). The only attendance that Norwich had that was lower than their top crowd was the Burton game, with 24,841. Their second highest was 20,024 against Villa.

Norwich was average attendance of 25,959 (96% of capacity) while Ipswich was 16,271 (53.7% of capacity)

Apologies for resurrecting our mini (very) skirmish KC but I couldn''t resist adding this latest quote from the little man:

“The group are working hard, there’s no doubt about that. I can’t fault their attitudes, I just think there’s still perhaps a little bit of a hangover from what they’ve been used to, things like that."

Without ever managing above the L1 level Hurst is now slating off a man who has managed at international level, PL level and many, many seasons in the Championship itself.

Marmite McCarthy has his faults, but at least he has pedigree.

I would be uncomfortable with an egoist such as Paul Hurst at Carrow Road.

I can see trouble ahead.

Waghorn unused sub tonight, amidst paper talk he has put a transfer request in.
Derby said to be his destination. I''ve lived in Derby, and it''s a bit of a dump but definite step up from the shanty town in Suffolk.
Rumours for the fee are either 8million, OR 3mill plus a couple of players.

"Rumours for the fee are either 8million, OR 3mill plus a couple of players"

What like Jerome and Johnson?

Is this a fire sale ?
Or another ''filling up Evans pocket'' sale ?
Where is King Binno when you need him?

I''m amazed at the continued ability of their fans to talk themselves into whatever sale they are doing as ''a good deal'' when Evans has consistently failed to reinvest money from sales into new signings.

Well if they get a couple of half decent players in from Derby in return, then it is a good deal for them. If they are allowed to spend the three million as well, they can get someone else in.  It''s only what we''ve done (albeit on a much smaller scale) - sell a good player and replace him with two or three potentially good prospects that will strengthen the squad as a whole.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Well if they get a couple of half decent players in from Derby in return, then it is a good deal for them. If they are allowed to spend the three million as well, they can get someone else in.  It''s only what we''ve done (albeit on a much smaller scale) - sell a good player and replace him with two or three potentially good prospects that will strengthen the squad as a whole.
[/quote]
Binner.

Looks like the impoverished binners have lost another youngster - this time to Arsenal
The joke here being that if Evans had properly funded the club they would have a Cat 1 academy (as promised).
Instead it was left to the fans to try and make up the shortfall, with raffles, jumble sales etc. Which, as expected, didn''t work.
Much as CEO Milne''s previous statement that the club was aiming to have half their squad made up from products of the academy BY 2017. Rather like ''Operation Premiership'', ''In Keane we Trust''.
I belief their latest watchword is  '' aim to have the ground half full (most of the time) ''
poor binners