Sign in to follow this  
Bill

emptying the bins

appears Evans will have a few more quid in his pocket as Waghorn looks to be off
(expect King Binno to be along soon to explain)

Bid of £5m? Wow, The Binners will be in the money, once they sell their ''best'' player...................

Can anyone else hear that barrel being scraped out?

Complete bargain if you ask me, but I guess its only off one good season. But takes away their best player and gives peanuts for him.

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
appears Evans will have a few more quid in his pocket as Waghorn looks to be off
[/quote]

Suspect he will be off for around 8m which will be reinvested. Shame as he’s been excellent.

Still wondering when you’ll be spending your money. Bought in 30m+ now and spent 4-5m? Where the rest of it? I didn’t think you needed to sell anyone...

Oh dear
poor king binno, never the brightest
only a couple of weeks ago you were squeaking about how we had a £20m shortfall,
as to £8m I very much doubt, and Evans moving the money over to another group of his companies is hardly what we would call ''reinvesting''
asset stripping more like

Also if Norwich have spent 4 - 5 million on Leitner, Buendia, Marshall, Puki, Rhodes and Passlack then I look forward to seeing what they can manage with ''8''.

I think Evans might let the paupers have a bit more than £8
though if past behaviour is anything to go by then it will only be ''a but more''

[quote user="King Keano"][quote user="Mr Benn"]
[/quote]

Suspect he will be off for around 8m which will be reinvested. Shame as he’s been excellent.

Still wondering when you’ll be spending your money. Bought in 30m+ now and spent 4-5m? Where the rest of it? I didn’t think you needed to sell anyone...[/quote]

Such a shame you couldn’t have flogged him for £8m a week earlier. Then you would have been able to have reinvested that money in Wildschut instead of missing out with him going to the major footballing powerhouse that is Bolton.

[quote user="Mr Benn"]
Oh dear
poor king binno, never the brightest
only a couple of weeks ago you were squeaking about how we had a £20m shortfall,
as to £8m I very much doubt, and Evans moving the money over to another group of his companies is hardly what we would call ''reinvesting''
asset stripping more like
[/quote]

Yeah, but you told me that there was no 20m shortfall. So where’s the rest gone? Surely you’ll be splashing the cash sooner or later?

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Ipswich fans are staggeringly dim ....... [/quote]
there, that''s fixed it

Hang on Keano- weren''t you sure that Waghorne was worth more than Murphy, Lewis, Pinto and Klose combined?

But if he goes for £8m as you''re optimistically suggesting then he''s not even worth as much as Murphy. Unless the others are worth -£4m somehow...

[quote user="King Keano"]Suspect he will be off for around 8m which will be reinvested. Shame as he’s been excellent.

Still wondering when you’ll be spending your money. Bought in 30m+ now and spent 4-5m? Where the rest of it? I didn’t think you needed to sell anyone...[/quote]
I spotted one of the TWTDers was questioning why Waghorn was only getting bids of 5mill when Maddison went for 20+ so surely that''s the kind of money they should be asking for Waghorn. No concept of the fact that Maddison is an incredibly talented 21 year old with the world at his feet and Waghorn is a bang average 29 year old journeyman coming off one decent season.
They''ve apparently come to terms of £20k per week with Bialkowski too, which is ludicrous given that he''s barely above average in the Champs.
We''re financially solvent and debt free, whereas the scummers need 6mill each year from Evans to plug the gap and have no saleable assets at all. 
The scum thought this would be a new era under Hurst and he would be backed to the hilt in the transfer market, yet they''re still scraping around the footballing bargain bin trying to cobble something together from cast-offs, loans and freebies.... and there are threads on TWTD saying what a fantastic owner Evans is and how he''s doing such a wonderful job. It''s been 10 years and they still haven''t worked out that they are being systemically asset stripped by a conman. 
Even in the post above "suspect he''ll be off for 8m which will be reinvested".... What on Earth gives you the understanding it will be reinvested in the playing squad? We all know it won''t be, it''s blindingly obvious to anyone with a double digit or higher IQ.
Well done agent Evans, well done.

I wonder if this will be the season that we see parts of poorman road closed off ?
According to those farmhands who can count there were times last season when poorman road was only around one third full. Even their ''cup final'' when we grace their hovel doesn''t sell out.
Perhaps they could raise some much needed cash by selling off the thousands and thousands of unused blue seats and bring in straw bales when it looks like they may have more than 15,000 or so.
I''m sure many of their fans would feel far more at home that way.

The new man seems intent upon filling the squad with L1 or lower players. Unless he is a genius at spotting lower league potential capable of making a mark at Championship level this would seem a very risky approach, especially as he has never managed at Championship level.

Clearly we took a risk with Farke but at least his philosophy was finely honed in the highly successful German system and a year of survival, adaption and change might well now begin to bare fruit (??) Their chap seems to come from the Bryan Clough school of football management whereby he has his set ways and is not afraid to upset players in order to adhere to them.

His initial approach was to instil a strict training regime, surprise, surprise and steamroller over any dissent.

Clearly he''s no Clough and rathermore a little man who makes a lot of noise.

The whole thing seems like a car crash waiting to happen. I would be extremely worried if I were a binner, especially if Waghorn is sold and replaced by lower league triers.

"Their chap seems to come from the Bryan Clough school of football management whereby he has his set ways and is not afraid to upset players in order to adhere to them.

His initial approach was to instil a strict training regime, surprise, surprise and steamroller over any dissent."

Honestly not sure if you''re talking about Hurst or Farke here...

The clue is in the words "their chap."

We''ve done our column inches about Daniel Farke and although it has often been turgid stuff on show it has not been a "car crash" in as much as we have survived that initial season of considerable change and are hopefully stronger going forward.

Farke''s season of judgement is upon him and should he fail I doubt very much that we would be looking at the likes of Paul Hurst as his replacement.

It was more the references to ''not afraid to upset players'' and ''installing a strict training regime.'' Both of which are things Farke has done.

I''d actually hope that if Farke does leave that we would be going after someone with a similar background to Hurst- a youngish manager with a successful track record of getting players to perform above themselves in the lower leagues sounds great to me.

We''ll see.

It worked for us with Lambert and to a lesser extent with Neil.

Perhaps Hurst''s seemingly even more abrasive approach though is needed down there after years of being in MM''s comfort zone.

It''s the Norwich model compared with the Ipswich model then.

I favour the former, you would seem to lean towards the latter.

I don''t really favour either.

I was a fan of the Farke appointment, but equally I was quite keen on the idea of someone like Darrell Clarke from Bristol Rovers.

Generally I prefer, younger, up and coming managers over the grizzled vet types though. I think managers can often become stubborn and set in their ways over time and struggle to adapt.

All I''d say is if it had been use looking for a new manager this summer and we''d have hired Hurst I wouldn''t have been upset.

Although I haven''t visited my second favourite football forum much lately there is something I have gleaned about Paul Hurst that I would be uncomfortable about if I was a binner.

Up and coming youngish managers who have a history of getting the best from their teams are a good shout for both clubs but they come with a variety of approaches.

He seems to like himself a lot and enjoys media attention to the point of being too public. Things often needed winkling out of Lambert, whilst Alex new his place and trod carefully.

Hurst comes over as either over-abrasive or naive. He has already been critical of his players in public on a couple of occasions and more, openly discusses individuals (today it was Knudson) and seems to think he''s some sort of latter day Clough ..... without the pedigree of course.

Not my cup of tea. We''ll see, it''s results that count after all and the question of who will come out on top from either the Football League Division One eleven or the Bundesliga Division Two eleven presents an intriguing conundrum.

I guess my question then is...do you like Farke?

If so I''m confused as you''ve listed a number of things you don''t like about Hurst that for me would apply equally to Farke.

Then you are easily confused and what makes you think that I agree that anything I have listed about Hurst applies ''equally'' to Farke? With ''equally'' being your choice of words.

I like Farke and I like his approach to both to his players and the media. In my view there are few similarities between the two.

Incidentally, and harking back, what players apart from Oliveira has DF upset?

Can you actually itemise similarities in the training routine of Hurst, which has apparently been 80% off the ball stuff, with that of Farke. Not being over familiar with our current manger''s methods I need enlightening.

Hurst has an excellent reputation as an emerging manager and seems a solid appointment. He knows the lower leagues well so would assume he has purchased decent players for his approach, and his performance with the shrews last season suggests he will get them well drilled.

He has a very direct style which will be familiar to the refuse collectors. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

In a championship full of mediocre sides I am not sure I really see them as the third worst side as the bookies suggest. Hope I am wrong. (Is that the right context?)

Pretty thorough moving of the goalposts there Broadstairs.

You mentioned implementing a rigid training plan- this is certainly something we''ve heard about Farke.

You mentioned criticizing players publicly- Farke publicly called out Murphy, Watkins and Nelson all in one season.

I''m intrigued as to where you get the idea about Hurst steamrollering over dissent- I haven''t seen anything about it but I''ll assume it has some credence. However I''ve not seen much evidence to suggest Farke is very accepting of dissent.

"Farke publicly called out Murphy, Watkins and Nelson all in one season.

"
Did he bang on the dressing oom door with a stick and shout "Raus, raus" ?
and did they come out when called ?
(I think we should be told)

"You mentioned implementing a rigid training plan- this is certainly something we''ve heard about Farke."

Oh come on! I recall something about fitness levels and players needing to work harder when Farke first took over but he has never made it his mantra the way that Hurst has done recently. Perhaps with DF it was the German way, perhaps Neil''s methods were too benign. I doubt that McCarthy''s were even though the Hurst ''way'' suggests that they might have been.

Although I would hesitate to equate the Ipswich Town player''s dressing room with a china shop, Hurst''s bullish approach seems to have stirred quite a few feathers and is an approach which will only last as long as results are positive.

Oliveira and Watkins deserved "calling out" as you put it. We all recall the relative contributions of both those players last season. He was critical and praising of young Murphy in equal doses I seem to remember and constructive on both counts.

In any case Farke had had the best part of the season to equate himself with his players, Cloughie Mark 2 has only just met his. There''s a difference between self-belief and conceit and I see him as veering towards the latter which doesn''t sit well with somebody who has yet to manage a Championship game.

As I said, it might work but I would have some concern about the new man if I were a binner.