Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

No news on Rhodes

Depending on swelling it can take a day or two before you can do a scan. Doesn''t mean there''s any serious damage though

i know you''re just throwing out a guess, and this isn''t directed at you - but the amount of "swelling means at least 6 weeks" i''ve seen is outrageous

has no one had a swollen joint before? the swelling is no indication of the length of time of an injury. he could be out of training until next week, could be out for 6 months. everything is up in the air right now

It could be absolutely anything - we just have to wait and see; the player and physio did seem to think it would be minor so hopefully they were right.

no news is good news? Will know more soon enough (at tomorrows game at the latest I am sure..)

Injuries happen, and I dont see how rhodes one is lutons fault tbf

The news was good for Norwich City after scans confirmed on-loan

striker Jordan Rhodes will be fit for the start of the new season.

DF: "Its some good news with Jordan as the scan has confirmed only a minor ligament injury in his ankle. He will miss the game against Charlton but should be ok to join training next week and hopefully be available for the Birmingham game."

Pukki also ok - available for tomorrow as well.

Good news, although I''m a little amused by everyone''s hopes for the season seemingly dangling on a player whose yet to kick a ball in a competitive game for us yet.

[quote user="king canary"]Good news, although I''m a little amused by everyone''s hopes for the season seemingly dangling on a player whose yet to kick a ball in a competitive game for us yet.[/quote]

more along the lines of - with Oliviera in no-mans land, Rhodes and Morris injured, starting the season off with one recognized striker would not be beneficial what-so-ever. and would force our hand in to the loan market rather rashly

[quote user="Woodman"]DF: "Its some good news with Jordan as the scan has confirmed only a minor ligament injury in his ankle. He will miss the game against Charlton but should be ok to join training next week and hopefully be available for the Birmingham game."

Pukki also ok - available for tomorrow as well.[/quote]
It''s a Norfolk Day miracle!

''Minor'' ligament damage.
Is it OK to come back as quickly as Birmingham?
How easily can minor ligament damage become major ligament damage? Will it, presumably, still have to be managed carefully?
Perhaps he''ll be on the bench at Brum.

Good news he is not badly injured and should be fit to play.  A much nicer and down to earth person than his reputation suggests, hope he scores a hatfull for goals this season.  Pukki too.

Woodman wrote the following post at 27/07/2018 2:31 PM:

DF: "Its some good news with Jordan as the scan has confirmed only a

minor ligament injury in his ankle. He will miss the game against

Charlton but should be ok to join training next week and hopefully be

available for the Birmingham game."

Pukki also ok - available for tomorrow as well.

Brilliant, the pre season excitement and hope for what we can achieve is begining to kick in, Come On You Yellows.

If we don''t see nelson tomorrow does that confirm his future is elsewhere?

If we don’t play Pukki who do we play as striker? I think we’d all not mind seeing Oliviera but I don’t think he will be in the squad.

Do we test out Buendia, Marshall? Wouldn’t be opposed to a youth striker

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]If we don’t play Pukki who do we play as striker? I think we’d all not mind seeing Oliviera but I don’t think he will be in the squad.

Do we test out Buendia, Marshall? Wouldn’t be opposed to a youth striker[/quote]

Not all count me out.