Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Barclay Stand sponsored by Woodforde’s

Norwich City are delighted to announce a new substantial long-term stand partnership with famous local brewers Woodforde’s.

From July 30, the Barclay Stand will

continue to retain its historic name but will be referred to as the

Barclay Stand sponsored by Woodforde’s.

Located just eight miles from Carrow Road, Woodforde’s Brewery have

proudly called Norfolk their home since they first began brewing in

Today, Woodforde’s famous brands are found in bars across the

country, and as of the 2018-19 season their popular Wherry Amber Ale and

Norada Pale Ale will be available throughout all Carrow Road’s

hospitality lounges and concourse kiosks.

I wonder if anyone has ever approached Barclays to see if they would sponsor the Barclay End/Stand.

Couldn''t we have found a more high profile, multi-national/global, corporate scumbag sponsor?

Totally lacking in ambition...I blame Tom.

Apples

It will be interesting to see if the perils of drinking are deemed as devastating as the perils of gambling. Both can have horrendous consequences for some but not others...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It will be interesting to see if the perils of drinking are deemed as devastating as the perils of gambling. Both can have horrendous consequences for some but not others...[/quote]
what many over look is that what is considered as harmless recreational gambling, lottery, pools, bingo can be a gateway to more hardened gambling
it can easily start as any single line

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/07/2018 1:08 PM:

It will be interesting to see if the perils of drinking are deemed as devastating as the perils of gambling. Both can have horrendous consequences for some but not others...

👍🏻 I’ve a feeling that the moral high ground won’t be as crowded on this one...

Mr Benn wrote the following post at 10/07/2018 1:44 PM:

nutty nigel wrote:

what many over look is that what is considered as harmless recreational gambling, lottery, pools, bingo can be a gateway to more hardened gambling

it can easily start as any single line

What many overlook is that what is considered as harmless recreational drinking, can be a geteway to more hardened drinking

It can easily start as any single shot

Alcoholism ok.

Gambling addiction not ok.

It seems maybe some pick and choose their morals.

Personally I have no problem with either sponsor, as I believe the name of a company on a football stand is no more likely to start dangerous addictions than seeing the name on the high street.

I’m waiting for ‘Clever Trevor’ the local drug dealers sponsorship deal..

" concourse kiosks."
ah, for the days when they were merely ''bars''

So peeps l, people are dead against Johnny Foreigner having a controlling stake in the club but more than happy having an owner that deals with sponsors that do nothing but social harm

You couldn’t make it up

It could be far worse. ''The Delia Smith Stand'' with a massive picture of her face.

Now that would be bad.

There are more regulations on alcohol advertising.

You can watch a game of football without being bombarded by adverts for alcohol.

You won''t see Woodfordes offering a ''free beer when you download our app and spend £20 on beer'' or ''beer boost- pint was £3.00 but now £2.00, buy now!''

Ah that makes it ok then. Let’s not worry about what the effects of alcohol do to lives and families and the immense burden that alcohol has to the NHS...

I don''t know why, but I suddenly feel strangely thirsty for a foaming pint of Norfolk-produced, alcohol-based goodness.

Must be all this talk of gambling.

Apples

Really good news this, can''t wait to pay 3 times the cost of a pint I can enjoy from the supermarket. All in the name of supporting a local brewery though of course!

Yes that is exactly what I said...

As I mentioned on the gambling thread I have a problem with the way it is advertised and I believe it targets vulnerable problem gamblers. I don''t want it banned.

Similarly if alcohol was advertised in a similar way I''d have those same issues. It isn''t though.

I’ll certainly be pickling my liver whilst having a wager on the football tomorrow night. Ones socially acceptable but apparently the other one not so...

Are you aiming for a gold medal in ''missing the point?''

I''m not saying gambling isn''t socially acceptable. I''m saying the way gambling is advertised is a problem.

king canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2018 3:52 PM:

Are you aiming for a gold medal in ''missing the point?''

I''m not saying gambling isn''t socially acceptable. I''m saying the way gambling is advertised is a problem.

Who said it was aimed at you? I’m waiting for the morally outraged from the gambling thread that wouldn’t buy the kit because there was a gambling company on it to say they won’t sit in a stand sponsored by an alcohol company. I’ve a feeling that morality can be selective though