Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

loan star is....

[quote]Ian Pearce apparently! Must have had a change of heart....not sure what I think of this??![/quote]

Oh goody!! A fat Fulham reserve and Craig "the carthorse" Fleming.

Better change my Pink Un prediction from losing 2 nil to losing 3 or 4 nil!

[quote]Oh goody!! A fat Fulham reserve and Craig "the carthorse" Fleming. Better change my Pink Un prediction from losing 2 nil to losing 3 or 4 nil![/quote]

LOL...

Hasnt Pearce played up front in the past, I seem to recall him doing so for West Ham several years back - perhaps that is where worthy will play him, up front with Doc?

OTBC

""Quote""

Boasts a Premiership winners'' medal from his time with Blackburn in 1995. A tall, cultured player, Pearce joined from West Ham in January2003. A manager''s dream who is dominant in central defence, he can play at right-back, midfield or even up front.

Looks like worthy has an all in 1 man !!! shame he cant play in goal though ( ha ha )

I dont necessarily think he will be a bad signing, unless the plan is to use him in attack or as Safris partner...

He can pass a ball and is strong in the air, which was one of the major comments to come out of the club over the last couple of weeks about the battering ram approach of other teams in this league (no really?!). 

Yes he is 31 but IF, and it is a big if, IF he has a desire to play well and show what he can do then he may be a very good signing - flem and malky were that age last time around.  Why he was not needed during the summer is anyones guess though.   The lack of pace is the main concern but I may be pleasantly surprised here.

Having said that if he is being sought to replace Shacks then I shall go apoplectic.

OTBC  

[quote]I dont necessarily think he will be a bad signing, unless the plan is to use him in attack or as Safris partner... He can pass a ball and is strong in the air, which was one of the major comments to ...[/quote]

If its confirmed that we''ve got him, then I think its only fair to give him a few games, before we start slagging him off.

[quote]If its confirmed that we''ve got him, then I think its only fair to give him a few games, before we start slagging him off.[/quote]

So, slagging him off is already planned.

Just how many games will he have to play before you start?

[quote]So, slagging him off is already planned. Just how many games will he have to play before you start?[/quote]

You damn well know what I mean BIC.

And if need be, yes, he will be slagged off!, just like everyone else, including you, do on here!.

It''s amazing is''nt it that there were posts slagging of the club for not getting any new signings and everybody then had to accept a loan signing.  Then there were postings stating we had not had a loan signing within the first week of the transfer deadline.  And now we have got one guess what - moaning minnies about the person we are getting - geez I am amazed sometimes about the people that moan for the sake of moaning.  I know lets get Ronaldo Beckham etc etc etc. I''m sure they would come here on loan and maybe keep a few supporters happy.   

give the guy a chance !!!! If he pulls on the yellow and green shirt then he deserves our support. And if he pust himself about a bit too then all well and good. We need someone to do that for us

If you care to trawl through my posts, I think you''ll find Wiz, that I don''t much go in for ''slagging off" the players or staff.

You see, I can only listen to the games on the radio and I find it difficult to form a true vision of how everyone is playing.

OK - which is the biggest crime?

Moaning for the sake of moaning or moaning about moaners?

Or perhaps all are part of a discussion forum?!?!?

Short term " emergency "  loans are , apparently , all that are allowed  by the FA  , outside the transfer window .

Despite all the premature headbanging  from some posters  , Ian Pearce  could well be a good loan !   a 6ft 3" 15 stone  bloke   wont be too easy to shift off the ball  !!    he has  a good CV  , but can`t break into Fulhams first team  after his move from Westham ...  

As with any  new  player , he HAS to be given a chance     

Much  negative  posting  about age 31  = over the hill ,  which is total c**p!  most players  have to keep themselves  fit  throughout  their career ,  at that age there may be  some  slight  speed loss , but this is  set against  experience gained  after , say , 13 years  in the business !!   Teddy Sheringham  , et al ?

Really just agreeing with most other posters - could be a good signing but only alongside Shackell - if Jason is dropped to accommodate Pierce what will it do to his confidence and the oft repeated phrase ''planning for the future''? This division is all about being physicsl - Shackell has done well but we cannot expect him to go through the season without blemish. Unfortunately he cannot rely on Craig Fleming to provide physical back up as Fleming is the one being shoved around more often than not. Isn''t Doherty about 6''3" and 15 stone as well?

I would have welcomed him in the leeds match to mark Hulse and give him as good as he gave Shackle.

my first message posted...so be gentle with me!

i am seaso ticket holder/barclay boy/go home & away /city though and through/blah blah blah...but live in Charlton so have good insight in to the set up at the addicks...SO...

KEVIN LISBIE!!!!! YOU MUST BE JOKING WORTHY! PANIC OR WHAT? SVENSSON is Zidane-like compared to this muppet! one good game against Liverpool in 8? season at CAFC, & they been trying to get rid of him for 6 seasons at least!

I''VE BEEN PRAYING ALL WEEK THAT IT WOULDN''T BE HIM, LOCAL CAFC FANS ARE GOING TO RIP THE PROVERBIAL OUT OF ME, (it''s tough enough being a city fan in south est london as it is) He MUST! play Mcveigh, Jarvo, or even ginger pele upfront...(i''d even bring back Dean Coney!!!) yes, he''s that bad!

Have got to now to get O2 to switch my mobile off...i''ve had enough of laughing messages recently...oh the shame!

OTBC

SARF LONDON CANARY