Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Strong looking squad!

Bit suprised to see Pinto still with us but good news as far as I''m concerned.
I like the look of that squad,  better balance, cant wait 👍

Extraordinary to see nos. 5 and 16 still hanging onto a number, but i guess its the last time. In the post Madders / Josh era, looks a squad very much capable of being competitive and only a week away from the start of it all. Hanley as skipper..rock solid choice for a rock solid player.

I am wondering if there is a reason for still keeping numbers on shirts?

Wouldn''t the players name suffice?

it looks like a good strong squad mixture of experience and youth

some good championship players and so that have played at higher level

really we should not have any excuses this season

A squad full of still to prove themselves. Hopeful only because its a new season coming up and we surely should be better than last year, but until the signs are there we can be competitive I won''t be lauding any plaudits on this squad and its manager yet. Prove me wrong.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]A squad full of still to prove themselves. Hopeful only because its a new season coming up and we surely should be better than last year, but until the signs are there we can be competitive I won''t be lauding any plaudits on this squad and its manager yet. Prove me wrong.[/quote]

I totally agree

Too many below average players on paper in the squad to call it a strong squad

For example players 3, 5, 16, 32 & 33.

If we are lucky with injuries and get a reasonable start all things are possible........but I wouldn''t put any money on it !

[quote user="KiwiScot"]A squad full of still to prove themselves. Hopeful only because its a new season coming up and we surely should be better than last year, but until the signs are there we can be competitive I won''t be lauding any plaudits on this squad and its manager yet. Prove me wrong.[/quote]

I totally agree

Too many below average players on paper in the squad to call it a strong squad

For example players 3, 5, 16, 32 & 33.

If we are lucky with injuries and get a reasonable start all things are possible........but I wouldn''t put any money on it !

Well we are about to find out! To me that squad looks nailed on for mid table. Too much in their to be dragged into a relegation battle but not enough quality going forwards to challenge the top 6.

For me it’s a squad with a lot of unknowns but some real potential.

If, and I accept it may be a big if at this stage, 2 or 3 of: Marshall, Leitner, Rhodes, Hernandez and Pukki really fulfill their potential they could be inspirational.

Couple of them really on fire and could easily be in play offs.

For some reason I’m more excited about this squad and the season than I was last year. Apart from Maddison, and none of us really knew how brilliant he’d end up being, there wasn’t much to be excited about.

This year I think we could have a few players who can excite the crowd and motivate the team.

I’m going to stay in the glass half full camp until at least 10 games in!

But I expect Rotherham fans are thinking that they are stronger this year.

It is called hope and we won''t have any evidence whether this squad is strong or not until we play for points and injuries and suspensions kick in to rob us of normal starters.

I think Hernandez and McClean hold the keys for me this season- we need to get goals from midfield and those two seem the most likely.

Also need to make sure we have a bit of steel in midfield. Thompson is vital if Tetty can not make as many games. We look lightweight and can be bullied too much at times. Agree on the goals front, interesting to see if we can increase the goals tatty despite losing our top 2 scorers, not convinced that it''s strong enough to to in hope of a top six finish.