Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

What next for Matthews ?

If i was him i would want a move away and to play every week and to prove i was good enough

Krul has not been playing we do not know how much or his old form he will get back and i would say just as much of a gamble as Matthews

the message he got when Krul was signed from the outside ( we do not know what was said in private ) was Farke did not fancy him at the moment

he is old enough now to play so i would be thinking should i wait around or put myself out there to move

I cant see much point him staying for the bench or an injury to Krul, a loan in a more competitive league would be good, but there are not many spaces like that available for him.

Could be a frustrating year for him.

If the club don’t think he is good enough now I can’t see them changing their minds at any point.

Keep him as reserve keeper for the homegrown/clubgrown quota this season. It is hard on Matthews but the best thing for the club.

I''d rather keep him and have him on the bench- at least then if anything happens to Krul he has the chance to win the place.

It was interesting that Farke didn''t mention him by name when asked about the home grown situation:

“When I regard the homegrown situation I am not concerned at all,” said Farke. “We already have many involved: Grant Hanley, James Husband, Jamal Lewis, Jordan Rhodes, Ben Marshall, Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey, Todd Cantwell. We know it is seven per game in total."

You''d have thought he''d be a given (not Shay... oh never mind!), for that list if he rates him.

Or, I''m over thinking it and he just forgot to mention him.

Back to the Turkey Farm I suppose.

Saw a funny headline that said:

Pope dislocates shoulder