Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Bamford? - £10 million?

This is the great Leeds masterplan. Hire a nutcase manager, buy players who are proven not to be what you need and, hey presto! Promotion! Leeds fans will love Bamford - they really take to players who fall over a lot, are lightweight pussies and moan all the time.

This is up there with the Sky Sports reporter forecasting the Championship table and putting us 14th because "Norwich haven''t really signed anyone". You would think with all their money they would have someone who knows a flying fnuck about the Championship but apparently not.

And then we have Stoke as favourites because they haven''t sold anyone - that would be other than their only decent player in Shaquiri - so they have managed to keep all the players who have proved they are not good enough for the PL. Just like we did - and didn''t that go well?

Middlesbro are clearly very strong because they have the same team who didn''t succeed last year - less Mr Bamford of course.

It is astonishing how many people who should know better constantly misunderstand the Championship.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]His Championship scoring record is great.
[/quote]
A Championship goal every 2.6 games is very good, but mainly based on his first spell at Middlesbrough. His second spell there in the Championship was a goal every 3.1 games, which is still decent, but in the meantime only one goal in 27 games in the Premier League. I think the suspicion is that his one brilliant season won''t get repeated.

I wold think 14th is quite optimistic given the players we have

@sgncfc

If you think Shaquiri is Stokes only decent player I suggest you are not in a position to criticise others knowledge.

Bamford didn''t cost Leeds £10 Million. Figures reported were closer to £7 million... Perhaps there is a clause that it could potentially rise, but we all know that those kinds of clauses don''t always work out.I, personally, thought that Bamford was utter dog doo doo when he played for us, but we were in the Prem at the time. He knows where the net is in the Championship and for £7 million, in these bonkers inflated prices days, it doesn''t really seem that much.I don''t get why anyone is up in arms about it really. It''s not like we''re paying all that for him or would even want to! I couldn''t give two turds about what Leeds do. There was an FB thread on the NCFC fans group absolutely slamming this Bamford sale. Then some weirdo turned up while I was defending the cost he went for and said "So we shouldn''t feel ripped off over Naismith?" I mean.... WTF has that got to do with anything I was saying???!!!!Absolute bizarre load of $punk trumpets in that group!

If we''d have got the Bamford at Boro who scored loads and caused all sorts of problems for teams in the season we got promoted, he''d have been a good signing.

As it was, Bassong (I think), gave him a good kick in the league game causing an injury that continued into the Playoff final and the rest, as they say, is history.

You aren’t going to get a better proven Championship striker for less than the £6.5m Leeds have paid for Bamford. The other £3.5 is tied up in clauses, £2m of which is based on promotion.

Goal every 2.1 90s last season isn’t far off his goal every 1.9 90s in his best season a few years back.

A really intelligent guy and player and should do well with Bielsa who works best with smart guys.