Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Charlton match thread

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Alex "]Do we have a stream for this today folks?[/quote]

Binner’s game is live on YouTube[/quote]
I think the only poster who would be remotely interested in that piece of information would be the Scum obsessed City1st but thankfully we have not been subjected to his presence yet today. Maybe he has gone to the game ? [:P]

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Second half team looks more like it, just Rhodes to come in[/quote]
Not forgetting of course Jamal Lewis.

Really not bothered about this and hope the moaners don’t start.

Most players priority on final pre season game is not to get injured!

I’m still excited about what this season may offer.

[quote user="rock bus"]Really not bothered about this and hope the moaners don’t start.

Most players priority on final pre season game is not to get injured!

I’m still excited about what this season may offer.[/quote]

Clearly does n''t take much to ''excite'' you lads in East Anglia! As I said before lets see how ''excited'' we all feel after around 10 games!

[quote user="curious yellow"]Cantwell was only on for 13 minutes and had 2 shots saved. Thompson has had a great preseason.[/quote]
Hoping these two get a good chance this season. Buendia sounds promising, with a nice little cameo at the end.

Let the moaners moan, it''s what they do.  The loss will make the team concentrate that little bit harder next week, with less risk of complacency from not having had it easy in pre-season.

if you win all your friendlies 10 nil does not mean you are going to have a good season

Friendlies are fitness and getting the players used to playing again nothing more

we will see what the team is like after 10 games in the Championship

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if you win all your friendlies 10 nil does not mean you are going to have a good season

Friendlies are fitness and getting the players used to playing again nothing more

we will see what the team is like after 10 games in the Championship[/quote][Y] Exactly

Still not completely convinced we''ll have enough goals from midfield.....Howson and johnson chipped in with double figures each , in our playoff season...not sure there''s one capable of that.

....and in hernandez, buendia and marshall, not too sure either about the quality from wide.

Difficult to know where to pitch us until the real stuff starts and we can see how we compare against other sides, but as it stands I can''t look above mid table.

We lost in preseason.

Getting relegated.

(Actual real point of note is how open we apparently were first half. None of that please).

I was at the game and Norwich looked very sluggish in the first half. Hard to know if tiredness from training or lack of interest in the game.

Trybull looked pretty bad today, hopefully just a blip but now wondering if he is feeling a bit too comfortable after getting the longer deal. His history does suggest someone prone to taking his foot off the pedal at times and coasting along.

Buendia had a good cameo and needs to be in the team ASAP. Hopefully he isn’t too far off full fitness now. Him and Hernandez on opposite wings could cause terror for opposing defences, they just need players to hold the fort behind them, although Buendia love a tackle too.

Today’s 4-4-1-1 looked too open with Trybull and Leitner in central midfield. Get Thompson or Godfrey holding and Norwich could be on to something.

If past few seasons anything to go by should have formation sorted by next March

“Try I’ll looked pretty bad today, hopefully just a blip but now wondering if he is feeling a bit too comfortable after getting the longer deal. His history does suggest someone prone to taking his foot off the pedal at times and coasting along. “

Can’t afford an attitude like that, hopefully just a blip as you say.