Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

HOW DID YOU..

Become a canary fan.. me.. apart from being norfolk through and through.. i can remember sitting at home watching the WORLD CUP 1978 and loving watching BRAZIL. i got a panini sticker book and the sticker i got was brazils national flag.. yello and green.. so i decided to support brazil, when my older brother pointed out that CITY plays in that colour.. so here i am

[quote]Become a canary fan.. me.. apart from being norfolk through and through.. i can remember sitting at home watching the WORLD CUP 1978 and loving watching BRAZIL. i got a panini sticker book and the sti...[/quote]

Grandfather brain washing me is one of my very earliest memories...  I simply had no choice!

OTBC

when I was kid growing up in the north east, I wanted to be different and I guess picking Norwich couldn''t have been more different.

I was between norwich and chelsea, oh well we were better than chelsea once and i''m sure we will again, ahem

I was dragged to a game at Carrow Road in 1957 by some of my Lowestoft mates, I liked the colours, atmosphere (30 thousand plus in those ''standing'' days? and I caught the infamous Canary bug.

Thankfully I''m still not cured!.       

When I was a young boy I had the kit and had been to games but I really became obsessed with City when myself and some others from school were given the opportunity to be ball boys. 

It was a game against West Ham, we won 2-1 with Disco scoring both.  I remember meeting all the players in the tunnel afterwards and I have a singed match programme signed by every player from both squads and a certificate.  It was a great day!  We were allowed to change into our NCFC tracksuits in the City dressing and it had all of Dave Stringers tactics up on the board.  Mr Stringer then came in and gave us instructions (he was laughing when he said it) to be slow retrieving the ball if we were winning and quick if losing!

At half time we were allowed to sit in the away dugout and were given a cup of tea which must have had about 10 sugars in it.  While in the dugout I remember stealing Billy Bonds chewing gum and I still have a stick of his doublemint at my parents house.

I was sat on the touchline at the River End and when the full time whistle went I ran on to the pitch and Dale Gordon shook my hand.  It was shown on Anglia TV the next day so I have a video of me running up to Disco and shaking his hand!

Like I said I was a fan before but after that I was completely hooked!

Was never really bothered about football. I was 11/12 when I was taken to my 1st game by a student teacher at school. (some of you might remember him. Adam Aitken - He wrote our match reports for the Gaurdian) It was a 0-0 draw with Westham and was the game sandwiched between the 2 Bayern legs "back in the day" ha ha. I just caught the bug. Loved the buzz I got from the game and been going ever since.

My dad did his fatherly duty and took me to my first match when I was 7. It was a 0-0 draw so obviously I became hooked.

I was looking at one of my old primary school books recently and every Monday in the ''What I did at the weekend'' piece I recounted the weekend''s match followed by a list of the score in every game I had been to thus far. After a while the teacher wrote in red ''You must learn to write about something other than football.''

33 years later I still haven''t taken any notice!

i also wasn''t really into football until i was taken to a Norwich game by a friend and i haven''t looked back since, hooked i was! it was a mid week home game against huddersfield and we drew 4-4! Then the following two games we won 5-0 each. Not a bad start to my Norwich career! 14 norwich goals in three matches.

Wouldn''t and couldn''t ever support another team.

On The Ball City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Was taken along to Carrow Road for the Huddersfield game in about 1996 when Eadie scoredx a couple. From that day I was hooked. My desire to follow Norwich City for the rest of my life was made even stronger when I saw all my mates with Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal shirts. When during those dark days there were so many spaces in the stadium that could have been taken up by young supporters yet they were supporting teams that only ever won.

I''ll tell you something amusing. Someone I know for the last couple of years has been a huge Norwich fan. Last time I saw him he was in a United shirt... what a tosser!

i was brainwashed from birth - i used to live near bham and went to my first match before i was 2years old - villa away, it was either 2-2 or 3-2 to us, i dont remember but ive just grown up with norwich city since i was born rlly - i remember being abt 3/4 - looking on the back of the paper - seeing wat must have been man u or someone, saying "i want to support them daddy...who are they?" "thats norwich city" came the reply!!! it blatantly wasnt but ive been to as many games as i can get to since then - i was 6seats from franz beckenbauer at the bayern game - at the age of 6!!! i took a day off school to travel up - and i remember everything distinctly despite being so young - moments like that live with you for the rest of your life....im now 18 and ive been a conscious city fan from the age of 5 - 13 years and il never look back, no matter how bad we are, we cant and wont go back to the dark days of a certain mr chase.....i remember also - being a mascort when i was 8/9 against birmingham in div 1 and winning 3-2 with neil adams scoring a penalty - il never 4give bryan gunn though - i only had time for one shot against him - and it was a penalty - pretty sweetly struck for an 8/9 year old, and despite being scottish international keeper at the time, dived FULL LENGTH and tipped my penalty round the post - i was gutted!! OTBC!!

I was a Liverpool fan un untill the age of about 7 when my parents took me to my first Norwich game and I''ve been a fan ever since. I still have a soft spot for Liverpool but Norwich will always be my number one team.

1987. Norwich City 1 Coventry City 1. It was was my first match. Like so many, my dad took me along. He is a WBA supporter but we had just moved to the area and I had yet to pledge aliegance to a team. I remember the game as being a dour end of season clash (I might be wrong) but it was enough to convince me to support the canaries. Been going ever since.

I was born in Telford, nr Birmingham, and neither of my parents like football.  Despite living in Norwich since the age of about five, I had to get into it on my own.

One of my best mates was a Norwich fan, and I got into it the season we finished third as he was raving about it so much.  but then didn''t get to go to a game until I was 16, which was Norwich vs Oxford - I believe we lost 3-1!!

Brought up on stories of "that Cup run" by my Dad who took my Mum on a date to Carra Rud...

First game I think was against one of the Bristol teams - can''t remember if it was Rovers or City - just remember sitting on the back row of the old main stand with my own cushion for the wooden plank seats - and how everyone used to stamp their feet or bang the back of the stand when there was a dodgy decision or poor play!

Dad took me for the first time in about 1968/69 I beleive we beat Blackburn 2-0 & some poor old boy had a heart attack right next to us & they tried bringing him round with smelling salts. I then went on to watch the First team, reserves, A Team & then youths as I grew up. Norwich mad have a room in my house dedicated to memorabelia with Auctioned shirts etc. My 11 & 7 year old boys are following in my footsteps & wife goes as well.

Myself and my younger brother were taken to the old River End to watch Norwich in the 71-72 season, in those days it was standing open terracing and was always packed - well it seemed to be at such a young age.  We were allowed to go to the front if we got there about 1.30 pm (when for some reason the club played Radio 2 sports report (in the days before 5 Live) over the PAs - most of the time we got there late and had to stand on milk crates leaning on the terrace bars. Those were the days!  Since then I have moved around the UK and abroad quite a lot, but moved back to the area when my son was seven and have been going regularly ever since.

Both my kids live and breathe NCFC just like me and it will be the greatest pleasure to all go to Watford away next week together, although they are now both adults

Apart from an up and down sort of love affair with the club, and many, many great footballing memories, I have made a great many friends amongst Norwich fans, some of them on this very message board

Was brainwashed with Man Utd when I was first born by my cousin/uncle. I watched the Champions league games alot and when they won the Champions league was really my last season ... I mean I only liked them really becuase of Schmeichel. But then after that champions league win I was 12, after that I just lost interest I guess, I wasnt really into football that much. Then I decided to choose a team that had the most things I liked like - Kit, Stadium, Players, History all that type of stuff and saw Norwich as my local team and was hooked, can''t believe what I missed for 12 years but better late than never!

Well my story goes like this, Back in september1977 we were going on a boating holiday on the norfolk broads were were starting from hearts cruisers at thorpe st andrew my old man was driving past fcr City stand was a bit lower in those days , as we went past a ball came over the stand and hit our car and the rest as they say is history.

coming from tadley in hampshire every says why Norwich i say who else?? i have been to see loads of other teams in my area but i just don''t get excited about any of them so Norwich are the only team for me, soon as i was old enough to get to carrow rd on my own i have''nt looked back it''s been a topsy turvy ride but if i had my time again i would take the same route my son was born sept 2003 I used to joke with my wife that he would play for city and turn things around little did i know that we would win the championship it all started to go right after he was born i had him in a city kit inside of 20 mins.

The wife side of the family are all arsenal they tried to get him in an arsenal kit which we now use to wash up with!!

my brother in law mike as seen the light he was arsenal but is now a season ticket holder in the jarrold stand, i like to think i am doing my bit for the cause.

i know there is a lot of banter on this board but everyone on here is ok in my book because whatever are opinions are we are all city fans and that can''t be bad can it?

This is a coincidence one of my mates (trev) an irish lad use to go to school with worthy and he said he was very single minded and always got what he wanted in the end (i hope that means an established club called Norwich in the premiership)

anyway i could go on all night about Norwich all night but the wife calls

TTFN

My life supporting the City started out slowly. Niether of my parents were particulary interested in football,and my brother prefered to follow the American sports of ''Football'' and ice hockey, so it wasn''t until i was about 7 that i became intersted in the sport. Playing football at school got me hooked and with Norwich being the local team, the rest is history.

I went to a few matches with my schools and then with my mates and then took the plunge to buy a Half season ticket at the middle of the 1999/00 season. Since then i have become hooked and I love the yellow and green, something that no-one can take away from me. Strangely, since, my parents now follow the fortunes of Norwich City.

Grew up as Liverpool fan, then parents moved to Norfolk. Kinda stopped liking football, and Liverpool with it. I remember watching all the Norwich games and, not really supported them, but followed them as all my brothers were avid supporters. Then they all got season tickets at the same time and I went to the odd game as a fan.... but really the sinker was the Play Off final. Amazing! I''ve been to some sporting occassions before, but that was just unbelievable.... even losing... so I figured I wanted to be around whenever we won!

We''re a five season ticket strong family!

the reason i started supporting norwich as i seem to get asked alot living in wales is...

was on holiday in spain the day we beat arsenal 4-2 at start of 92 season. I said to bro " i support norwich now" and im still here! My first game was quite a while after though... it was tranmere away, 97/98 the game after we beat ipswich 2-1 with cundy scoring an own goal! I hope its the last time i ave to tell this story but i somehow doubt it! Why is it when u say u support norwich they say "Jeremy Goss"

went top a reserves match when I was 6 with the beavers and have been hooked and never stopped supporting since!