Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Derby Canary, Big Vince and Waveney this and that

When things are more successful on the pitch there is little for Vincenzo and crew to moan about.

At the moment, even us moderates have our moments.

But rudeness and personal attacks have no place on here. So if a wind up is posted, either ignore it or stand your ground without resorting to calling Vinnie something like Pig Mince.

[quote user="cornish sam"]"but no, up pops my ''shadow'' to waffle about ''self awareness''

being so puffed up with his own self righteousness that he failed to see the irony of his post, or the self deprecating joke my post was"

And this is the problem with your posts city1st. You could have left out the quoted bit and made your point, instead you choose to retaliate and thereby increase antagonism unnecessarily. We get it, you don''t like some of the posters on here (or at least how/what they post), but you don''t need to attack all the time, it''s getting worse than when Morty was here...[/quote]
oh dear
the quoted bit'' was what I was referencing, it would be rather silly to talk about something without folk being able to see what I referring to
and that the fault lies with me for increasing antagonism ''unnecessarily'' takes your stupidity to another level ?
that some have taken a dislike to me is of no consequence - I will still in reply when it suits, which is their intent
however why not take your own advice and not ''increase antagonism,'' be it necessary or not
and shut it
so here''sthe suggestion, if you are not being attacked then don''t post and if plod insists on following me around I will reply
i

Problem is I know Derby is a troll but I still end up replying so it would have a sense of hypocrisy if I then said to ban him.

However, the good news is if we win a couple games they tend to ban themselves anyway.

In what way was the quoted bit adding context? The only context added by it was that you have taken umbrage at perceived police persecution, which we are all more than aware of.

It would suffice to point out that you felt the context made it obvious you were being ironic and leave it at that, instead of continuing one of the feuds you have running.

I''m struggling to understand your question about my stupidity, but I think the answer would be no, but then again, I must be stupid to be replying to another one of your "ironic" posts...

I don''t have much chance to fraternise with fellow canaries and as such read this board to get gossip, insight and a broad range of opinions on how the club/team are doing, not to see people sniping and belittling each other. Why not take mothers advice and if you can''t say something nice about someone, just don''t say anything at all? If someone attacks you, try reason or just ignore it, you even say they are only doing it for a response, so why give them the satisfaction? Yes, I know, pot kettle, etc...

Just for the record, nothing I said was actually antagonistic, if anything it was more sympathetic and attempt to be calming...

" you have taken umbrage at perceived police persecution"
I would hardly perceive some doddery old ex copper shuffling around behind me on the forum as police persecution, nor would the word umbrage spring to mind when describing my reaction to that obsessive behaviour.
Mild amusement perhaps,
but thank you for your kind words.

And win a couple we may well do but not many more , Farke is a waste of space much like all his foreign signings big struggle ahead this season .

[quote user="Ben"]
" you have taken umbrage at perceived police persecution"
I would hardly perceive some doddery old ex copper shuffling around behind me on the forum as police persecution, nor would the word umbrage spring to mind when describing my reaction to that obsessive behaviour.
Mild amusement perhaps,
but thank you for your kind words.
[/quote]
As usual chucking insults around i see.

Did Morty actually get banned or is he serving time at Her Majesty''s Pleasure.

Despicable character who put everyone down and was looking for trouble in every reply he made with his little one liners

Good Riddance.

PS Sure if he wanted to be on this blog its just a matter of a different email address this site isn''t exactly The Pentagon

[quote user="hogesar"]Problem is I know Derby is a troll but I still end up replying so it would have a sense of hypocrisy if I then said to ban him.

However, the good news is if we win a couple games they tend to ban themselves anyway.[/quote]

Hogesar

If we win a couple of games

Are you talking about the whole season

[quote user="xxxx"]And win a couple we may well do but not many more , Farke is a waste of space much like all his foreign signings big struggle ahead this season .[/quote]
Money says all are far, far more successful than you will ever be.

Sometimes you can just see the title thread they put up, and you just know to walk away. Most of us can see the wind up coming from a long way off, but some people bite, which is fine, but I feel sometimes, if we did ignore the trolling, then they might go away and find something useful to do with their time.

The positive for me (being selfish) is that they make me feel good about myself :)