Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Derby Canary, Big Vince and Waveney this and that

Just think how “ nice “ this board would be without them. Would be very boring with all the posts about the actual subject. Which would you rather have ?

I refer you to this thread....

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3634316/ShowPost.aspx

Can''t make it clicky though.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Just think how “ nice “ this board would be without them. Would be very boring with all the posts about the actual subject. Which would you rather have ?[/quote]I love ''em!
How boring it would be on here if we all agreed with each other. Different views make for decent debate and discussion, everybody has the right to their own opinion just as everybody else has the right to question it. There are some excellent posters on here from both sides of the divide but you''ll always find the truth somewhere in the middle.
Twas ever thus...

Although a Norwich supporter I work in an Ipswich office full of Ipswich supporters, as I result I keep an eye on both forums. I notice that the odd couple of Norwich ''trolls'' on the TWTD forum only post occasionally and in a far less confrontational manner than the Ipswich ''trolls'' who post on our forum board. Is it because they have nothing better to do, or because they love the idea of being anonymous? I find it very odd that these trolls exist - banter and observations can be quite amusing or even educational but simply posting stupid comments shows a pretty low mentality in my view.

Forum would be a much worse place without them. Drive me to distraction but far better that than endless posts agreeing with each other. City 1st excepted of course...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Forum would be a much worse place without them. Drive me to distraction but far better that than endless posts agreeing with each other. City 1st excepted of course...[/quote]

Agree

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Forum would be a much worse place without them. Drive me to distraction but far better that than endless posts agreeing with each other. City 1st excepted of course...[/quote]
Totally wrong, binner.

I see self awareness is in short supply again this morning not forgetting the standard response of binner.

"Different views make for decent debate and discussion"

I''m all for debate but that isn''t what any of these people create- it is pure and simple trolling as they know the reaction they get.

[quote user="king canary"]"Different views make for decent debate and discussion"

I''m all for debate but that isn''t what any of these people create- it is pure and simple trolling as they know the reaction they get.[/quote]
None of those posters you mention get personal,insulting or come across as thoroughly objectionable ( yes a pain in the bum maybe ) and i find it incredible kc that you have singled out these guys without naming the worst offender who infests the large majority of threads on here dismissing the views of others with contempt and at the same time being everything and posting everything i have stated.

They are annoying, no doubt. But then so are the ones who insist on being permanently optimistic in defiance of all logic. When the new forum is unveiled I will be using the IGNORE button for the pant wetters and the happy clappers in equal measure.

@Til

For all of City1st''s many faults (and the list is long) he at least does want to discuss the football. The others listed just want to troll away.

I''d also say you''re pretty guilty of taking swipes at him in threads he''s not even on, thus making the problem worse.

I regularly look at the forums of teams we are about to play and often look at TWTD. Sadly, the level of debate on the Pink Un is probably the lowest I have come across. There seem to be some very angry people out there!

I''m particularly surprised about the venom that is hurled towards anyone who dares to criticise Farke.

If the aim is not trolling but to cause an informed debate why do the main offenders continually feel the need to change their name??

I cant speak for Derby or Vince but have met Waveney & he''s ok & a big ncfc fan who misses hardly any away games, so assume he just does it to wind u all up lol

As for name changing assume when we move to the Invision boards in a few weeks, it will be stopped as on these modern boards you can just tick a box in the Admin Control Panel which stops people changing user names without permission, do City 1st choose one u like soon

Of course it might just be that whilst we are all Norwich supporters, we want different things from the team. Some people just want to win; some want to be entertained; some like to be included in the "club"; some want to just hate 1p5wich....

My perfect season would be to win the Champs with 100 points playing superb football but then not be allowed to be promoted into the poisonous PL for some rule breach.

Yes, I know that''s ridiculous but I love the rebuilding journeys - just don''t like it when we arrive!

I''m with sgnfc apart from after getting to the Premier League I want to win it on a shoestring budget and some really, really brilliant man management. Regularly.

[quote user="king canary"]@Til

For all of City1st''s many faults (and the list is long) he at least does want to discuss the football. The others listed just want to troll away.

I''d also say you''re pretty guilty of taking swipes at him in threads he''s not even on, thus making the problem worse.[/quote]
hear hear
and I would have thought that given the context in which my post* was made it was obviously tongue in cheek
but no, up pops my ''shadow'' to waffle about ''self awareness''
being so puffed up with his own self righteousness that he failed to see the irony of his post, or the self deprecating joke my post was
*Totally wrong, binner.

[quote user="Jim Bell"]I respectfully point out there are no Canary fans in halesworth it''s deepest bandit country you never ever see a yellow shirt

I smell bin[/quote]

EXCUSE ME

Halesworth actually has more City fans than the other lot. We have a Supporters club which meet once at month, we go to away games together, summer BBQ is next week if you want to come along

"but no, up pops my ''shadow'' to waffle about ''self awareness''

being so puffed up with his own self righteousness that he failed to see the irony of his post, or the self deprecating joke my post was"

And this is the problem with your posts city1st. You could have left out the quoted bit and made your point, instead you choose to retaliate and thereby increase antagonism unnecessarily. We get it, you don''t like some of the posters on here (or at least how/what they post), but you don''t need to attack all the time, it''s getting worse than when Morty was here...

I didn''t dislike Morty, I just didn''t like the way that all of the threads descended into bickering and people attacking each other. More often than not Morty was involved (note I don''t think he instigated all, or maybe even most, of it) and we are getting into that situation again...

“I didn''t dislike Morty, I just didn''t like the way that all of the threads descended into bickering and people attacking each other. More often than not Morty was involved (note I don''t think he instigated all, or maybe even most, of it) and we are getting into that situation again..”

So what we’re saying is banning Morty made no difference as it’s just as bad now as it was then.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“I didn''t dislike Morty, I just didn''t like the way that all of the threads descended into bickering and people attacking each other. More often than not Morty was involved (note I don''t think he instigated all, or maybe even most, of it) and we are getting into that situation again..”

So what we’re saying is banning Morty made no difference as it’s just as bad now as it was then.[/quote]
No.