Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Ben Woodburn

So, while I am quite happy with our strking options, I think it would have been excellent to try and get this lad in on loan. However, it seems he is having a medical at Sheffield Utd. today.Another quality loan player lost or... Not so bothered?

Without being to guarantee him first team football it was also going to be a tough ask to get him from Liverpool, who are very picky about the destination their young players go.

Realistically he wasn’t going to get in the team ahead of Rhodes consistently so wasn’t an option for Norwich.

I think we will only see some loan players come in if new homes for Martin, Nelson etc can be found.

We must go with what we have and the wish list is officially closed.

Not surprised or that disappointed that he isnt here. Which I think is testament to the number of options the club has already bought in. Although there remains question marks of how quickly many will perform consistently well in the champs (eg at least Passlack, Buendia, Pukki, Srbeny, Leitner, Krul, Godfrey and Thompson all fall into that category for one reason or another)

Given costly loan fees and wage commitments, as well as appearance expectations where would we actually be looking to strengthening with a loan?

We have back up options for most positions now - even in last seasons problem areas of def midfield (Godfrey and Thompson if they stay fit and step up) and striker (Rhodes and Pukki as well as Nelson)

Central midfield seems very well stocked and we have onel and Marshall for the wide right, with Buendia and Pukki as left options. At the back Passlack is already the loan RB cover although if Pinto leaves that could change.

With a solid 3 CBs we wont be an attractive loan placement for a CB, which only really leaves left back - but that is more about my nerves for Lewis getting an injury and my lack of confidence in Husband.

I''d be tempted to look at loaning in a winger of some description. Woodburn seemed perfect as he could play out wide or upfront but we can''t guarantee games at either.

Yeah, winger/LB option. Someone who could cover both positions? Or one of each?In my opinion, ZLF is right, we look pretty badly covered at LB.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Not surprised or that disappointed that he isnt here. Which I think is testament to the number of options the club has already bought in. Although there remains question marks of how quickly many will perform consistently well in the champs (eg at least Passlack, Buendia, Pukki, Srbeny, Leitner, Krul, Godfrey and Thompson all fall into that category for one reason or another)

Given costly loan fees and wage commitments, as well as appearance expectations where would we actually be looking to strengthening with a loan?

We have back up options for most positions now - even in last seasons problem areas of def midfield (Godfrey and Thompson if they stay fit and step up) and striker (Rhodes and Pukki as well as Nelson)

Central midfield seems very well stocked and we have onel and Marshall for the wide right, with Buendia and Pukki as left options. At the back Passlack is already the loan RB cover although if Pinto leaves that could change.

With a solid 3 CBs we wont be an attractive loan placement for a CB, which only really leaves left back - but that is more about my nerves for Lewis getting an injury and my lack of confidence in Husband.[/quote]
It depends on whether Oliveira goes or stays, and if he stays whether his heart is in performing. But assuming either way he is out of the picture then I very much hope for another striker, presumably on loan once the Premier League clubs have sorted out their squads.

has signed on loan for the season at Sheff Utd. given what was said about Liverpool having strict requirements on numbers of games played for their players out on loan, maybe we couldn''t (or wouldn''t) guarantee that.

Or maybe we were never in for him...

Looks to me like our main strikers will be Pukki and Rhodes, so anyone else is going to be lucky to get many games. This is where you need your youngsters coming through to sit on the bench, or be ready in the squad in case of injuries or suspensions.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Have a feeling if Norwich can secure a decent loan we may see Srbeny on his way out, potentially on loan, to a 2. Bundesliga club.[/quote]Is this feeling based on anything in particular? [:)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Have a feeling if Norwich can secure a decent loan we may see Srbeny on his way out, potentially on loan, to a 2. Bundesliga club.[/quote]
I''d be surprised. We''ve only got Srbeny, Rhodes and Pukki, and Pukki seems to run in from deep. Srbeny''s the closest to an old school target man, and any premiership loanee is likely to be young and lack physicality.

Just a feeling, Norwich have a fairly big squad and I can’t see them wanting more than 3 strikers. Srbeny needs games to develop and if any loan signing comes in it will be with a view to them playing regularly.

Srbeny is big, but doesn’t have the physicality to be a target man yet. He still has some value in Germany from his excellent season in the third tier there, I’m sure there would be plenty of 2nd tier German clubs interested in signing him.