Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

PUPs summer news and Kathy says we can all bogof again...

There''s not much down time for Rays Funds this year. The World Cup is hardly finished and already it''s time to look forward to season 12 which is only two weeks away!
Firstly a big thank you to Kathy who has once again arranged for PUPs to get a second entry free in the Canary Challenge. This means that if you enter the Trust''s Canary Challenge you get a free entry on behalf of our DS boys and girls where anything you may win goes straight into our presentation pot. Your free entry can be posted on this thread for Kathy. Good luck everyone, I''d love if we won first prize for our brilliant DS boys and girls.
Also a massive thank you to PUPanon has again sent me a cheque to cover all the weekend Norwich game stakes. this means we can carry on out two pronged attack to get funds for the CSF. I''ll once again be looking out for different people to make these selections alongside our established PUPs. Anyone reading this who would like a turn please let me know.
This is the time of year where I have to ask you PUPs for 40 tenners to enable us to get through the season. As usual it can be sent by paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com or given to me in person. (hopefully I''ll be in the Nelson after the WBA game). 
I''ve provisionally set the rota for August. As always please let me know if the dates are ok. Cosmic as defending champion has agreed to be first up and the other early weeks will go to PUPs who didn''t pick the six last season. I''ve only allotted the first two weeks for the Norwich bet so far.
Final Six
4th  August - Cosmic Twin 
11th August - Lincsy
18th August - Hansterbubble
25th August - Twidio
 Norwich Picks
4th  August - Molly Windley 
11th August - Indy_Bones
I have a bit of news to pass on. Our great friend Yankee wrote to me a couple of weeks ago that for various reasons he won''t be posting at all in the future.
"I enjoyed many years of posting and interfacing with others. I admire greatly what you have been able to achieve with the Rays Funds thread. It''s a great cause and has inspired me to support the same cause locally. I wish you well and hope that you and all Norwich supporters get to thoroughly enjoy the coming season."
Yankee''s been a part of Rays Funds since the beginning and I will miss his input enormously. I got to know him over the years and we even spoke on the phone. It''s a small world because on one such phonecall we found out I used to work with his brother. Good luck for the future Yankee.
Finally, if you''re reading this but don''t take part we''d love to have you onboard. It''s a lot of fun and is free to play although those that can afford it give a tenner to keep us going. So give it a try. What do you have to lose?[:)]

Nutty, I infer from what you posted about Yankee Canary that he has withdrawn not just from your Pups threads but from the Pinkun messageboard in total.

If tat is the case, I don''t think I could let this event pass without saying a big thank you to Yankee for his contributions over the years to this message board. Yankee Canary was always forthright and honest in his views and from afar was able to bring a different perspective on all things Norwich City, stretching back over the decades.

He made me laugh out loud on many occasions and I for one will miss him. This NCFC family lives under a very large umbrella and our diverse characters in one of our strengths. Yankee must have lived the dream over there in the US, but like all of us he will always remain a good old Norfolk boy.

Totally agree with all that Rocky. Arrdee always said Yankee was our shrewdest PUP and in the early days of Rays Funds Yankee helped shape what we have today. 

Yankee will be a great loss to both this thread and the Pink un as a whole,he was one of the few people who''s posts I looked out for.

Hi Nutty,

It’s been a long hot summer, and I’ve really enjoyed the World Cup, some cricket and now the Tour de France.

But I’ve really missed the PUPs challenge every weekend and it will be really great to back to it, and a real honour to pick the six on the 18th Aug. I’ve sent you a tenner by PayPal to get things going (its the one from Anthony F. in case you’re wondering?!?) and just hope my luck turns a bit so I can add something to the pot.

First of all I will miss Yankee, a good honest poster and I feel sad to see him go.
Secondly nutty, I will settle up with you when next we meet.
Lastly, I would like to point out that all entree fees for Kathy''s Canary Challenge go to the trust not the CSF unlike her highly successful World Cup Sweepstake.
The reason I''ve made this point is because whilst the Trust look on here for support, apart from Kathy, none of them support this site and I believe assistance should be a two way street.
It''s one thing claiming to give the fans a voice but another by avoiding them on what is surely the largest gathering of City fans away from Carrow Road.
As I see it, if they want our help they should engage with us on here, not blank us.

The BOGOF entry doesn''t have a fee and any money won goes to our presentation pot. But obviously this only happens if you already have a paid entry. It''s up to each individual what they do but for me this is the ninth season this offer has been made to the PUPs and is part of what we do.

Hopefully this year the league table won''t include PUP Beauseant, PUP GMF and PUP Mandy Moo among others, none of whom post on this site anymore. I mean, how can anyone be called a Pink Un Picker - if they don''t actually pick? [:^)]

Beauseant and GMF didn''t pick last season buddy but Mandie sure did and we won £70 when she did the final picks. We need PUPs like Mandie and Kathy. Maybe Beauseant and GMF will return to the fold this season. I''m not a bad shepherd....

Nutty,

Money sent and thank you again for hosting this thread for the coming season.

If I can add my best wishes to Yankee - I hope all is well with him and my thanks for his support with my draw picking, though it never came off when we did it for real.

No one ever suggested that you were a bad shepherd, Nutty.

I’ll be back on the PUP’s thread this season; hopefully I’ll manage a few more selections than my shabby 28 picks out of 40 weeks the season before last.

I’ve already sent you funds for the pot, plus a donation for the CSF.

[quote user="lappinitup"]
Hopefully this year the league table won''t include PUP Beauseant, PUP GMF and PUP Mandy Moo among others, none of whom post on this site anymore. I mean, how can anyone be called a Pink Un Picker - if they don''t actually pick? [:^)]
[/quote]

When you hope for something in life, you usually end up disappointed... 😔

As far as I''m concerned, anyone who wants to back and help the Pups is welcome whether they post here often or not. It''s the charity that matters, winning the leagues is nice but not the focal point.

I enjoyed having a break over the World Cup, but glad we continued to add some great funds to this great cause. Thanks again Nutty for carrying on with the Pups! I''ll try get a tenner to you once I''ve been paid at month end!

[quote user="GMF"]No one ever suggested that you were a bad shepherd, Nutty.

I’ll be back on the PUP’s thread this season; hopefully I’ll manage a few more selections than my shabby 28 picks out of 40 weeks the season before last.

I’ve already sent you funds for the pot, plus a donation for the CSF.[/quote]
Thanks GMF and welcome back![:)]

Disappointed Lapp. Thought we might start the new season off on a positive note. I’ll be running the fundraiser anyway so why give the PUPs and the CSF a chance to benefit?

For the record, we had an Ipswich fan in the sweepstake 😮

GMF, good to see you back. [Y]
Apologies to Mandie, how did I miss her picks let alone her great win? [:$]
Oh dear Kathy, didn''t mean to upset you, does this mean the wedding is off? [;)]
As to the Trust itself, I don''t think anybody hates you, it''s just that nobody understands you.
Now back to the thread itself.........
Massive thanks to PUPanon for his continued generosity, what a guy/gal.
And as always, thanks to nutty for all his hard work enabling this thread to keep thriving. [*]
To everybody else - join in, it''s fun and very rewarding.

You didn’t upset me. By all means don’t do it yourself but by posting this you discourage others and pull the ground out from under my feet when I am working very hard to make it a success.

I know it’s a long shot that a PUP might win, but it can be done. In 2012 PUPTil1010 won £200 for the PUPs by winning the Canary Challenge.

2012 was the last year it was run by NCISA when all entry fees went to The Academy/ FONCY and i won £250 of which i gave £200 to Eddie. The rest is history as you know Kathy.

Which confirms what I said - it can be done.

Firstly thanks Eddie for all your hard work in keeping this thread going & well done to all the pups who  support it by regularly picking each week.
I know Eddie won''t mind me mentioning on this thread that we will be launching our new NCFSC competition in the next couple of days, it''ll be easy to enter & pay, with great prizes & we guaranteed that every penny we make will go to the CSF who as you know help disabled & disadvantaged kids to enjoy life through the world of Sport. Watch out for our ncfsc prediction competition thread. 
Back to pups,  put myself and Anthony down on your list Eddie, will give you £20 for us at our next volunteers meeting.
Finally, so sorry to hear that Yankee has left the pinkun, top friend & poster but we''ll keep in touch by phone & email, big hug Clyde if you''re reading this.

Forgot to say i will give you a tenner next time i see you Nutty and Diane count me in for your NCFSC competition and see you at your forum on 16th when i will pay you.

I have a confession to make. This has been in my mind a long time, and this seems the thread on which to come clean. I am deep-state undercover agent for the Canaries Trust. I was recruited a decade ago at a secret location in K*ng''s L*nn by a man in an ill-fitting Soviet-era-style suit and an egg-stained tie who said I should call him "Robin".He laid out his long-term plan to take over Norwich City Football Club, by way of forming a superficially harmless Trust, which would gradually build up a shareholding and worm its way into the decision-making process before staging a palace coup. But he was afraid  the pink ''un message-board,  the epitome of Normal For Norfolk, might prove a counter-revolutionary rallying point."Robin" said he had read some of my contributions on the club''s disbanded message-board. If I could join this board and carry on producing mind-numbingly interminable pieces on non-footballing subjects no-one else cared about it would drive posters away by the dozens and Archant would shut it down.I remember suggesting if the UK ever voted to leave the EU I could go off at a great tangent  on that and seriously speed up the disintegration process, but he replied that although the British people were stupid they were not quite that dumb!Anyway, over the years I have worked hard to bore the pants off posters, and I even joined the PUPs'' thread (as "Robin" said, "kill off that one bastion of sense and decency and the rest will collapse"), hoping to destabilise it with picks from obscure leagues in countries hard to find on a map. To no avail. This board - infuriatingly - carries on. The PUPs'' thread carries on raisng ever more money for a good cause. My life''s work has been a failure. Perhaps if there had ever been alternative site for posters to migrate to? Who knows.I feel better for this confession but now I am perplexed. As a member of the Trust, and especially as one who has tried to kill off everything PUPS hold dear, am I barred from contributing, or am I forgiven and can go on with my obscure picks in another fruitless attempt to finish ahead of Cosmic Twin?

Finally got round to cobbling together how this works and sure would love to take part if there is room somewhere down the line.