Sign in to follow this  
Yakkers

Norwich City Calypso

Hi everyone,

I have a strange request. The other day driving home to norfolk my mate played me a song called the norwich city calypso which i thought was great in a weird way. Has anyone got a copy (or for that fact even heard of it!)as my mate only has it on tape and i can''t copy it.

I have got a copy. It is a 45 rpm record and it is very scratched. You are welcome to borrow it to copy, but I would like it back afterwards.

Hi Chap,

A poptasic double A side if i ever heard one (or Not)! It was released in 1972, by the Chick Aplin Band, with equally cringworthy ''The Canaries'', on the flip side. I''ve had two copies in my time, both with the original first team squad and manager autograph on them. Must have been released to coincide with promotion, but as i baught one off a mate for 50p when i was about 8, i couldn''t say for sure. Sorry, can''t do you a copy though, as i no longer have a gramaphone to play it on!

Oh well looks like only on lp.  Think the club should release it again as we head on probably another successful cup run

I''ve hear the b-side to the single as well but that was straight after the norwich city calypso and so i dont think it could compare!!

Cheers for the replies anyways!

i do have a copy of it on a norwich cd from about 7 years ago, if you dont get any joy from anywhere else email me and i will get a copy to you.

OTBC 

[quote]I''ve got a version on my PC, what is your email? If you don''t want to say it just PM me, but my email is benp_rules@hotmail.com[/quote]

hey, send us a copy will ya?

my email is on my profile

cheers

Ok, found it!

As Shaune says, its a double A side, with the ''Chic Applin Sound''. The Sleeve Ive got has 8 signatures, the ones I can make out are Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer, Howard something?, Stephen G...? and a few more I cant read. Ill ask my mum next time Im home! Have to do some research! The 45 itself is mint.

Happy hunting

KC

My mum had a signed Norwich City 45RPM, which Ive now got, I dont know if its this one, Ill dig it out and see what it is. Hope Ive still got it..

Wow! I''m surprised so many people have heard of it!
My email is r_yarnall@hotmail.com for anyone willing to mail it to me.
Cheers everyone for your help

[quote]I''ve got a version on my PC, what is your email? If you don''t want to say it just PM me, but my email is benp_rules@hotmail.com[/quote]

If you could send me the mp3 version to kenny@uncollected.net I have webspace that I could host it on for the rest of the forum.

I''m pretty sure we wouldn''t be breaking any copyright laws as I assume its out of print and would come under fair use.

[quote]If you could send me the mp3 version to kenny@uncollected.net I have webspace that I could host it on for the rest of the forum. I''m pretty sure we wouldn''t be breaking any copyright laws as I assu...[/quote]

Nice idea