Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Castle Mall Shop.

Back in March i mentioned on a thread that i had heard the lease was not going to be renewed on the Castle Mall Shop and a week or so ago there was the everything must go sale with items at £1. Some posters claimed it was to make way for new stock but walking past today i see that the shutters are down,the clearance sale signs still up and the fittings inside gone. The changing world of purchasing club merchandise both online and e-bay indicate that 3 club shops has indeed become two.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Good work Tilly. You should have been a policeman 👮‍♂️[/quote]
I was thinking about being a bookie Duncan but after the stabbing outside Ladbrookes on Dereham Road last week and an armed robbery the other night at Corals on Quebec Road i have had second thoughts.

It''s probably the reason that the Jarrold Intersport/Pilch have started to sell NCFC shirts etc. when previously you could only buy them from the club.

Nature of the beast, the focal point of shopping for most is Chapelfield now. Castle Mall needs a lot of reinvestment for it recover now. They''re obviously doing up the top floor at the moment so hopefully they continue throughout to encourage businesses to sell there. Lots of empty units, it is a shame.

[quote user="AJ"]Nature of the beast, the focal point of shopping for most is Chapelfield now. Castle Mall needs a lot of reinvestment for it recover now. They''re obviously doing up the top floor at the moment so hopefully they continue throughout to encourage businesses to sell there. Lots of empty units, it is a shame.[/quote]

I think basically a city the size of ours has no need for 2 malls so close to each other, it was always going to be the way that the castle mall was going to be the one that lost once planning for the other had been granted. The only option for the castle Mall is to become the budget option and those things always look run down pretty quick, it''s more likely to become a problem for the city than a benefit.

i saw a stall full of Norwich City items at a car boot sale the other day maybe that is cheaper than the mall on rent ? ;-)

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i saw a stall full of Norwich City items at a car boot sale the other day maybe that is cheaper than the mall on rent ? ;-)[/quote]

I wondered what plans they had for Oliveria and Martin, maybe going to be Norwich''s Del Boy and Rodney

The club has had it.

Club shop shut, Yellows shut, best players gone, cheap foreign imports in, Galway Roast is toast, Coral gone, Chairman in a Leo Tard, wallet empty, hambag overflorn, borrowing kite off the fans...

A state of affairs that even Chase couldn’t achieve but that don’t stop me enjoying it.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]The club has had it.

Club shop shut, Yellows shut, best players gone, cheap foreign imports in, Galway Roast is toast, Coral gone, Chairman in a Leo Tard, wallet empty, hambag overflorn, borrowing kite off the fans...

A state of affairs that even Chase couldn’t achieve but that don’t stop me enjoying it.[/quote]
I think borrowing a kite from fans is probably the lowest......
................ if only that the string has broken

The Lord forbid if our Delia''s ever popular restaurant ever ceases to trade!.....It''s our ''Club Hub, With Premiership, Grub!''.....

It really will be calamitous and the doom and damning death knell of our beloved NCFC if her restaurant goes!.....It''ll be akin to the Raven population leaving the Tower of London - or even the Barbary Apes vacating Gibraltar.....Or heaven forbid, all the Greggs, kebab shops and Spoon''s pubs in the Citeh, closin'' down!....IT''S SO FRIGHTENING!.....

C''MON TROO FAN''S......USE IT, OR LOSE IT!.......

My idea is, I think that we as loyal support, should contemplate starting a Troo Fan GoFundMe crowdfunding thingy thing thing, to assist our club that''s allegedly at this moment in time in a current cash crisis - and hopefully keep this luvverly community club''s head above the Wensum......Oh, and help pay the club''s bills an'' salaries.....an'' stuff.....

I can maybe generate an anonymous account to donate to? It''ll all be above board, honest! ;-P (Although it will have to be an offshore account, so that torrid taxman doesn''t grab a greedy fistful, as every penny counts). But hey troo fans, it''s to be our surprise secret - and therefore, just keep it between us troo supporters - so everyone pleeze keep sch-tum!).....

I will personally handle and bank all gratefully donated monies and retain this troo fan donated dosh in my legitimate personal account (offshore) until sufficient wonga is accumulated, so that I can then present a half-time cardboard cheque towards the end of the forthcoming season for a huge amount of around £13.62 pence.

I''d really love to be personally present at the cheque handover, and wave to and witness the beaming smiley ever grateful faces of our illustrious Board, especially our Delia, Micky Wynn, Neppers Tom and Ed Sphericals (that''s if he''s not appearing on "I''m a celebridee don''t feed me grasshoppers, animal eyeballs an'' grubs - or is in the States replacing James Corden?"....

Alas, I will be presenting this huge cheque sadly by proxy, as I will unfortunately be roughing and slummin'' it abroad in a distant South American country for an unforeseeable and considerable amount of time.....Hopefully from somewhere where extradition isn''t a constant worry, and that where I''m also able to relax an'' cheer with a beer in hand and a lovely lady on my lap - whilst loyally following our games on a legitimate stream.....

So you Troo Fan Folk, dig deep an'' get funding! Our community club is in CRISIS!.....

I will be shortly putting details on where to donate and send those cheques, postal orders, used notes, your kids pocket money and savings, (no coins pleeze they''re too heavy for the holdall).....

Luv troo fan and entrepenepenepentaurist....Mello....xx

OTBC.....

Suggest you get Harry R in as Chairman with the Balls and Hamiltons families on board

I shall be taking/receiving grateful tax-free offshore account donations for assisting NCFC financially @ The Troo Fan GoFundMe thingy thing thing, in a few ways.....

1. At home games during afternoon kick-offs from 12.15 until 14.30 (or if it''s an evening game 17.45 until 19.15) If it''s a weirdo kick off day or time, I''ll have to sort something else out....At these alloted times and please, no question''s asked and without trying to communicate with me, shove brown envelopes with your Troo Fan donation under the Nelson Hotel bar Gent''s cackapoo toilet door ''trap 3'' from the left as you enter from the bar....( I chose the Nelson, as on matchdays, many of the most loyal really hardcore troo fans drink an'' do socializing together there, that''s when they''re not collectively on here having fun an'' boorish banter on this forum).....Even that bloke banned from here goes in there.....apparently?.....

2. Just give me your personal financial and bank details. Send them to...... @HaHaMugsgiveMellomoneysomewhereinsouthamerica. I''ll just take a fiver out of your account, nothing more and nothing less.....honest....

3. You can also if you wish use a special bitcoin account to donate..... oh, wait a mo'' there''s some policeman and a few big blokes in suits ringing my door bell.....I''ll be back in a sec, I''ll see what they want, just bear with me......

Oh the irony of Norwich City Council. The flagship of Norwich ws its shopping. Through road changes and bike lanes they have stopped the ability of easy access to its crown jewel. Revenues in the city are falling and unless they change the road system it will continue. This was in response to pollution levels and the heart of all pollution is castle meadow. Instead of banning busses they ban cars. People travel far and wide to shop in Norwich, its hinterland is huge and the council are blocking them. Go figure.

[quote user="mastoola"]Oh the irony of Norwich City Council. The flagship of Norwich ws its shopping. Through road changes and bike lanes they have stopped the ability of easy access to its crown jewel. Revenues in the city are falling and unless they change the road system it will continue. This was in response to pollution levels and the heart of all pollution is castle meadow. Instead of banning busses they ban cars. People travel far and wide to shop in Norwich, its hinterland is huge and the council are blocking them. Go figure.[/quote]
With the likely demise of House of Fraser, the far end of Chaplefield won''t look to pretty either.
NCC seem to be making it as difficult as possible to get to the city and a possible ''toxin tax'' on diesel cars will just about kill it off.

I cannot speak for Norwich, although do wonder why it has two large shopping malls, but my small town is facing the same thing on a much smaller scale.

The only thriving retail outlets are charity shops and nail bars.

To be honest,the first place I shop for clothes is now charity shops.

Just last month I bought a brand new pair of shorts, meant for golf, for £3.50 and they retail at £104 normally.

And that isn''t the only instance.

And with the advent of Ebay and Gumtree, many people are not buying brand new. Unless you go to Primark and throw it away after one wash.

That coupled with ridiculous parking fees, differing work patterns so that the traditional weekend is normal working day for many and the internet is leading to the end of the high street shop as we know it.

And Malls are so boring that the cafes and food outlets are full and the shops empty.

The car park under there is like going in to a horror movie set. I don''t normally get claustrophobic, but uanble to find the car and wandering round like an idiot for ages, it was quite unreal. Dark, airless and easy to lose your bearings, shan''t venture in there again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
........like going in to a horror movie set. ............. it was quite unreal. Dark, airless and easy to lose your bearings, shan''t venture in there again.
[/quote]
Is this from a Tripadvisor review of Poorman Rd?

Highstreets are dying because of online shopping. With Amazon Prime I can order pretty much anything and get it next day, cheaper than I would in most shops. High streets need to evolve.

[quote user="king canary"]Highstreets are dying because of online shopping. With Amazon Prime I can order pretty much anything and get it next day, cheaper than I would in most shops. High streets need to evolve.[/quote]
I don''t know about ''evolve'', but a level playing field might also help.

"Amazon UK tax payment falls to £1.7m"

Oh yeah there are major, major issues with Amazon.

But even then Amazon don''t need expensive shop space to rent which means they can keep prices down.

High street shops need to find something extra to justify higher prices as they can''t compete on cost.

Yup, the UK desperately needs a progressive online sales tax.

John Lewis pay £2m a year in business rates for their Oxford Street store, Amazon pay £160,000 for their distribution centre. Not really sure how the high street can evolve to negate that.