Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Lampard/Gerrard

Ok, so who bored already with the obsession about Lampard and Gerrard becoming managers?! The new darlings of football and the ones that every sports channel are going to go on and on about!?

There’s a little bit of that is hoping they fall flat on that faces, is that wrong 🤔😂

I can’t see either of them making a successful career out of management

You cant really tell can you?
It doesnt help them being under the microscope from day one.
Tha amazing one for me was that Wales appointed Giggs.

[quote user="JF"]I can’t see either of them making a successful career out of management[/quote]
That cannot be based on anything other than a hunch you have. Good luck to them both and i certainly would take either of them at Carrow Road.

Yep its based on no evidence to back it up but I just can’t see it. Neither strike me as managerial material. Gary Neville seems to have knocked the idea in the head too

ON the head even! Guess it boils down to how motivated can a multi millionaire first time manager be when the going gets really tough? Do they put in the hours and take the flak or do they just take the cushy media career option?

Of cause but certainly in Mourinho’scase he didn’t start out that way. I’d imagine the hunger to succeed would be generally stronger in a manager that started with nothing as opposed to haveing a successful playing career, millions in the bank and a cushy media option sitting there waiting for them if it goes tits up

JF,

I''m willing to wager they both arrive at the training ground earlier than DF.

Ray wrote the following post at 03/08/2018 9:24 PM:

JF,

I''m willing to wager they both arrive at the training ground earlier than DF.

Which would be great in a Top Gear challenge but won’t help when the going gets tough. Everyone thought Neville was going to be a top manager, he’s back in the tv studio and I expect to see these two there soon as well.

JF,

You may well be right but I was really referring to their commitment being greater and DF doesn''t have the media to all back on, just the German 2nd or 3rd tier.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but I believe he is out of his depth and will be gone soon''ish. Possibly Lambert back with a back room which includes some NCFC stalwarts. Interesting times.

Farke fits the clubs current ambition which is mid table championship, I’d imagine his job is pretty safe

Ray: “Possibly Lambert back with a back room which includes some NCFC stalwarts. Interesting times. ”.

This prediction (is that what it is?) is based on what exactly? A chat over a pint with Delia, a mate in the know or simple fantasy?

Nuff Said,

It can only be a prediction by definition, however in answer to your next three questions. Something like that, something like that and definitely not.

That said, I really want to see us storm the league but have my doubts. No contract discussions for DF as yet despite the rhetoric is, shall I say meaningful.

while I don''t dislike Frank and in Interviews he comes across as someone I think might do well

fed up with all the headlines

as for Gerrard hate the accent dislike Liverpool a lot

and have no interest what so ever in scotish football why on earth cant you filter it out on the bbc site and never read about it again

Is it not expected that two of the premier leagues most successful English players would get a lot of media attention for their first managerial roles? You know the media purposefully create content that they believe the general public will be interested in right?