Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Quest TV

Apologies if already posted but this channel will have the highlights of EFL football this year. It sounds like the C5 show has been moved over lock, stock and barrel, with Colin Murray still as host.
[url]https://www.questtv.co.uk/efl[/url]

Surprised fans of EFL clubs haven''t kicked off more about the constant changes to the highlights show since they decided to take it away from the BBC.

The problem they have is that they cram so much into one show that the highlights are no better than what you can get off your club or Sky, therefore the viewing figures aren''t big enough for the big boys to care. They would be better off a MOTD style show for the Championship.

[quote user="Herman"]Channel 37 on Freeview Lakey. (Daan saaf anyway).
[/quote]
Nope, don''t get that one.  Why do some parts of the country get more freeview channels than others? 

Give them a chance. You''ve only just switched to colour tv up in them hills.
[url]https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address#wJkbFwVblpdH7OZg.97[/url]

I''m sure some naughty person will point you towards an illegal stream, or something (Lakey)

Quest is Sky 144 and Quest Red 147.
Quest is Freeview 37 and Quest Red 38.
I suspect the spanner in the works is Virgin Media who use different channel numbers.

Haven''t watched a football league highlights program in years due to how good the online sky sports highlights usually are.

It really is shocking how poorly the Championship is covered as it''s the best 2nd league in Europe, and still better than many countries primary league, yet all we get are 2-3 mins of highlights per game - just pathetic.

I worked on the digital switchover and remember that the chanels you recieved depended on if your signal comes from a main transmiter or a sub-transmiter.

If it was a sub- transmitter you only got a few chanels.

A while ago but may still be the case

Might be worth retuning your TV - a lot of models don''t do it themselves to discover new channels

[quote user="Herman"]
[url]https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address#wJkbFwVblpdH7OZg.97[/url]
[/quote]
That link is useless.
Although I can already get Quest I thought I''d put my postcode in anyway.
It says I can get a total of 21 Channels which is absolute garbish as I can get close to 100.
Besides, the programme is a complete waste of time.

It really is shocking how poorly the Championship is covered as it''s the best 2nd league in Europe, and still better than many countries primary league, yet all we get are 2-3 mins of highlights per game - just pathetic.

i Agree Indy and the Games can be just as good as EPL games a good match of the day programme i am sure would get enough viewing figures

i am sure EPL fans would also watch it to watch their players on loan or upcoming players that are of interest

Repeat on now.
On Quest -sorry Lakey
With Colin - sorry Kiwi
With Dean Ashton and his perfectly round head - sorry KIO.
It looks exactly the same as the C5 programme, must be same production company.

Meh. Last one on. Didn''t say anything about us, even with Ashton there. And exactly the same highlights as Sky. Waste of time.

[quote user="percy varco"]I worked on the digital switchover and remember that the chanels you recieved depended on if your signal comes from a main transmiter or a sub-transmiter.

If it was a sub- transmitter you only got a few chanels.

A while ago but may still be the case[/quote]That''s the situation where we live in High Wycombe. Only get a handful of channels through Freeview so we all have FreeSat.

I just wish the EFL would spin out the Championship rights from the restaurant of the EFL rights as I''m sure a broadcaster would want that. It seems ridiculous how many live mediocre foreign games are available on Sky and BT but hardly any Championship games and the ones shown seem to be mainly the same few teams!

At the very least the Championship deserves a detailed MOTD style highlights show.

[quote user="Herman"]Meh. Last one on. Didn''t say anything about us, even with Ashton there. And exactly the same highlights as Sky. Waste of time.[/quote]

TBF Ashton probably didn’t realise it was the Norwich match. 😳😳😳

To be honest, nobody wants highlights. How do you highlight a 0-0 draw even if it was exciting?

With a live match, as with ours yesterday, the last ten minutes can come alive.

But watching the highlights doesn''t give you the close call of it all.