Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Jamal Lewis

So... Firstly, we desperately need this lad back in the side! But I have been left wondering about what''s going on with him, given some of Webber''s comments on the homepage story about transfers.He seems to allude to there potentially being some ''surprises'' and it seemed that it could be him talking about players leaving.I may well be getting ahead of myself here (I likely am) or perhaps it''s a case of putting two and two together... but... and hear me out...Lewis hasn''t played at all in pre season. I know he had a stomach problem and also an injury. But he is training. Does anyone else think this may have been a cleverly constructed fib? By that, I mean, perhaps the player has had his head turned? Perhaps someone has given us a big offer or are in talks about him? They may be keeping him out of the limelight or wrapping him in cotton wool before a sale so he can pass medical...Again, I reiterate, I''m probably getting a bit ahead of myself but given those comments from SW I couldn''t help but wonder... Feel free to tell me I''m completely insane [:D]

I doubt Webber would be so stupid as to build fans hopes up and be "surprise!!! We just sold another young british player". He would have to monumentally stupid to approach it that way.

Just a matter of when he is back playing for us; He started well but still has much to learn after just half a season with us so I would be amazed if he was anything other than building towards full fitness and a season ahead with us.

He returned to training a while ago so suspect he may make the bench soon, but I am sure it will be one of the key questions at the friday presser from the PU journalists, especially given the disproportionate questions about LB on the Monday lunchtime PU live chat.