Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Transfer window - 3 days left

Fringe players ... If you do not believe me ... see Baileys updates. Both players not first 11 so the club will l;isten to offers.

Plain facts.

PS. Not worried if they go as not great players. Was far more miserable when Madders & Josh left. Quality we will be hard pressed to replace.

Pinto getting some interest. Wouldn''t be surprised to see him move this month (whether it''s today or on a loan later in the month). Passlack hasn''t come to bench warm, and Marshall was excellent last season from RM for Millwall. Tettey/Godfrey could play RB in a real pinch if both Marshall and Passlack went down at the same time. Think there''s some legs in that.
West Brom seem interested after the move for Tavarnier broke down. Be surprised if he went there on loan though rather than a permanent deal.

Absolutely it seems Ivos days are numbered - loan converting to a permanent deal on Jan 1st would seem to be what we should be aiming for.

Always enjoyed watching him in the side, and we do seem to play better as a team even with his defensive limitation - but it is a sign that some of the signings this summer have been solid that two of last seasons better performers have been improved upon..

With Pinto’s contract up at the end of the season just loan him to WBA for the season with a loan fee commensurate to what the club would want as a transfer fee and WBA pick up his wages. That would suit WBA better as they don’t have to commit to him if he doesn’t meet their standards.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With Pinto’s contract up at the end of the season just loan him to WBA for the season with a loan fee commensurate to what the club would want as a transfer fee and WBA pick up his wages. That would suit WBA better as they don’t have to commit to him if he doesn’t meet their standards.[/quote]
Agree with this, looks really possible now that Ivo will be loaned out before the end of the month. Marshall, Passlack, Pinto, Max Aarons, even in theory still Russ, so it seems ludicrous to have 5 RBs at the club.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With Pinto’s contract up at the end of the season just loan him to WBA for the season with a loan fee commensurate to what the club would want as a transfer fee and WBA pick up his wages. That would suit WBA better as they don’t have to commit to him if he doesn’t meet their standards.[/quote]
Seems sensible. Move would seem to suit all parties.

that would certainly work for all parties concerned.

Given yet more incomings at Chelsea are there any targets there that would be good additions for us as a season long loan?

Can’t see the point of today if you can still loan players till end of August. Seems to me if you don’t get the player you want today you can loan him later and sign him in January, Am I correct ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Can’t see the point of today if you can still loan players till end of August. Seems to me if you don’t get the player you want today you can loan him later and sign him in January, Am I correct ?[/quote]

I think you are. It''s total rubbish. You just loan a player and buy him in January.

Premier League clubs can’t loan after today, so the ‘deadline day’ hype was for them.

I expect some Championship clubs have been waiting for today to finish before progressing some loan moves in order to stop premier League clubs jumping in on the deal.

But yeah, today was pretty much meaningless for Championship clubs, August 31st will be the proper deadline.

I Guess now the PL teams have their squads sorted the championship teams will swarm for any youngsters or players left out of PL squads

should be one date for all i feel

I think clubs outside of the PL are well aware what a nonsense it all is, so the loan system is there for another few weeks, as there is not either a defined and declared squad for those outside of the PL.
The real concern must be the number of loan players PL clubs have out - given the disproportionate wealth gap they can easily hoover up youngsters and use non PL clubs as convenient ''training'' clubs.