Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Scum fans meltdown 😂

Well we did get Grant Holt after all and the success he helped bring to us was a massive return on investment.

A twenty six years old player who has plied all his trade in the lower leagues having gone totally unnoticed by any of the bigger boys must have been there for a reason.

This Nolan might just be the next Wes Hoolahan, but I doubt it.

Some players work well with certain managers and late blossoming players are hardly a rare occurrence.

The shrewsbury players were two of the better players for them last season, with both earning as many plaudits as our pair of loanees. And the strikers have potential so could be anything. I suspect that more of the signings this week will work out well for them rather than not as it is clear the manager is changing the squad to suit his style, all sounds rather familiar.

I much prefer to focus on our own results and performances.

Holty had been picked up by Forest though, Calderwood just played him out of position.
Nolan has bounced around the League 2/non league borderline for most of his career. He only stepped up to league 1 level two years ago, and his stats don''t exactly jump off the page before Shrewsbury. 
Can''t say I''m especially worried about this one, although the scummers have been so deprived of any decent players being signed in the last decade that you would think they''d just signed Messi. 
The level of hype there is ludicrous. They''re still scraping the bargain bin but because they have more new faces than usual they seem to think every single one of them will be a cut above Championship level and they''ll romp away with the league.

Joe Garner sold to Wigan now.....in the last week Waghorn and Garner have gone and been replaced by a striker from Accrington Stanley. ......the 17 year stint the in the championship is coming to a close. ..

Really surprised theyve sold both their strikers with proven ability to score at this level. Both were only on around 10k supposedly so they were great value. Certainly a risk theyve taken and slightly unnecessarily too! Saying that their signings in general look fairly ok.

[quote user="kick it off"]Holty had been picked up by Forest though, Calderwood just played him out of position.
Nolan has bounced around the League 2/non league borderline for most of his career. He only stepped up to league 1 level two years ago, and his stats don''t exactly jump off the page before Shrewsbury. 
Can''t say I''m especially worried about this one, although the scummers have been so deprived of any decent players being signed in the last decade that you would think they''d just signed Messi. 
The level of hype there is ludicrous. They''re still scraping the bargain bin but because they have more new faces than usual they seem to think every single one of them will be a cut above Championship level and they''ll romp away with the league.
[/quote]
the ironic thing is that the paupers are now doing the very thing that halfwits like King Binno was squeaking about on here.
They are certainly moving on their higher earners - and replacing them with lower league ''hopefuls''. Nothing wrong with that, if you have the coaching staff to help them develop.
However the difference does appear that the players on Hurst''s shopping list seem to be those who he has worked with in the lower leagues. No great problem, as he can do no worse than the hapless Jewell who took in all
manner of hopeless cases and failing players. But it does point to a small scouting set up, as well as a threadbare youth system.
So the lesson here my young farm hands is to keep an eye on your neighbours - as from kids for a quid, ST''s paid over the season to working within your means you have eventually followed us.
Who knows you might even remove that bush growing on your stand - orwait for it...................
........................ get a crowd over 20,000 when it is not us playing
or is that too much to expect ?

quote "hogesar"]Really surprised theyve sold both their strikers with proven ability to score at this level. Both were only on around 10k supposedly so they were great value. Certainly a risk theyve taken and slightly unnecessarily too! Saying that their signings in general look fairly ok.[/quote

tbf Hoggy, they may have HAD to sell them. Also both may have been on £10K a week but they could see where the team were going and just wanted out, knowing they could command bigger salaries elsewhere, at the same level.

Yes the new signings could be the new stars at this level, and their manager may be the Paul Lambert of the Championship, but the odds are against them.

At least their new signings will be used to playing in front of small crowds - though the eerie stillness of poorman road might be a bit intimidating.

[quote user="Ben"][quote user="kick it off"]Holty had been picked up by Forest though, Calderwood just played him out of position.
[/quote]
the ironic thing is that the paupers are now doing the very thing that halfwits like King Binno was squeaking about on here.
They are certainly moving on their higher earners - and replacing them with lower league ''hopefuls''. Nothing wrong with that, if you have the coaching staff to help them develop.
However the difference does appear that the players on Hurst''s shopping list seem to be those who he has worked with in the lower leagues. No great problem, as he can do no worse than the hapless Jewell who took in all
manner of hopeless cases and failing players. But it does point to a small scouting set up, as well as a threadbare youth system.
So the lesson here my young farm hands is to keep an eye on your neighbours - as from kids for a quid, ST''s paid over the season to working within your means you have eventually followed us.
Who knows you might even remove that bush growing on your stand - orwait for it...................
........................ get a crowd over 20,000 when it is not us playing
or is that too much to expect ?
[/quote]

The only thing ironic about this is you calling us the paupers when we’ve outspent you this summer AND will still spend more in the next few weeks in the loan market.

Yes, Waghorn has gone and we’re all disappointed about that, but unlike you when you’ve sold players this summer, we’ve invested that in the squad as a whole & we’ve probably got more strength in depth all over the pitch than we’ve ever had (CB aside) - especially when we get all our midfield fit again.

In terms of the players we’ve signed, there is no guarantee if they will step up of course. However, I’d much rather sign a player like Jackson than spend out on a loan fee/wages for a striker like Rhodes who hasn’t scored goals for what 3 years now & even if he does do well, he’s not going to be at Norwich next season as you wouldn’t be able to afford him!

Don''t think you have outspent us though, have you unless you have spunked away several million on these lower league gambles.

Paupers you are, and have been for some while. With the constant whine from your lot that Evans always makes off with any incoming transfer money.
The tatty state of you run down ground (your own fans words) suggests you haven''t the money to keep it up to standard. Renting a home from the council with your training ground snaffled by Evans.
An income way below us, year in year out - and as transfer fees and wages are not disclosed then you have no idea how much either club has spent this summer.
But then you are a binner so it might have been better for me to simply say
"You have no idea.... "

Buying players isn''t just about the fees paid....it''s the wages....and in Rhodes case the loan fees.....do you really think your tinpot lower league signings from Shrewsbury and Accrington would amount to more than (fees and wages) ...Krul Rhodes Pukki Passlack McLean Leitner Buendia ....I''d rather think not.

....once again Marcus Evans is laughing at you all

This Keano guy really is rather a plank. Talking up what his club does is one thing and I suppose kind-of fair enough as we all do it, but he tries to come over as knowing all about us when he clearly knows jack: of course we''ve invested in our team - to suggest otherwise is stupid. We have 7-8 new potential first teamers. I think we''ve probably spent not dissimilar amounts, but In actual fact, surely spending only a few hundred £k on a player who turns out a gem is far more impressive than peeing a relative fortune on a journeyman.

Loving the explanation about paupers, and that spending more money than us is a reason to crow about. I think you need to look at how to run a business properly, or is that WAY too late for your lot?

You are a politician and I claim my £5

Someone on twtd has been on forums of clubs they’ve bought from. Inconsistency is the word used to describe most of their new players. We were never going to lose a local derby while Mick was in charge and it has to end at some point, I do think that Hurst will get those players really motivated for the game at Portman road.

without a doubt they have taken a risk but i think they have gambled on the right type of players - all 3 have the potential to step up and improve, and the will have the managers confidence. To what level is another matter altogether - but they hardly have to replace great quality do they?

As for Waghorn and Garner, both dour performers at best at this level with career high seasons just completed. But both have the same charge of inconsistency against them, but with no potential to improve further. If both the players and the management recognise that their styles simply dont match, why would you try and shoe horn it together? We tried just that last season with both Jerome and Oliveira - it only lead to ineffective and demotivated, sulky individuals. Given that, there is some sense in moving them on quickly.

Although I am struggling to understand how Waghorn and Garner can be in demand yet no one for nelson? Just shows the wages (I read an unsubstantiated reputed £35kpw) remain a barrier.

Just like Wee Alex mini-man has never had such riches to dispose of in the minefield that is the transfer market of the English game.

Let''s hope he makes as bigger mess of it as Neil did for the most part, although the big difference is our man had multi-millions to waste whilst their man has had peanuts.

The euphoria on TWTD is unbelievably naive. They seem to view Hurst as some kind of Bobby Robson re-incarnation who has brought in a whole team of budding super-stars who, once settled in, will inevitably lead them to the Promised Land.

Easy as that.

P.S. Do you think they have they ordered the bronze and commissioned the sculpture for the next statue to be erected outside the Loo?