Scum fans meltdown 😂

And it went something like this.

‪Ipswich fans:- “Waghorn will be sold for more than Maddison”‬

Then

‪“Waghorn will go for £10-12m”‬

Then

‪“I’d take £8m for Waggy”

Then

‪“Anything over £5m and we can reinvest wisely”.

‪“£5m is a good price”

😂🤣

It was hilarious when they initially thought he was a £15m player.

They''re all upset but £5m aint a bad price for him. Not sure he will perform like he did last season.

it appears that Bin Kanute and Garner might be off as well
so I expect King Binno will be along to explain fairly soon
most likely on the lines of
"yah boo, you old Maddison....."

Only yesterday a BInner mate of mine, text me to say that if they got £7M for Waghorn, he would soil his pants through laughing so much. Looks like his laundry is safe.

Still a decent return on the 250k Mick spent on him.

I suspect a time will come when they have to admit that Mick did OK for them with very little financial support.

Looks like their lining up of Bogle has collapsed too ... off to Brum instead!

Pleased if true ... he is exactly the type of striker that we struggle with.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Looks like their lining up of Bogle has collapsed too ... off to Brum instead!

Pleased if true ... he is exactly the type of striker that we struggle with.[/quote]

Pacey and powerful! The exact type we still need!

And they look like using the money to get Jon Nolan, one I wish we''d have gone for.

But we''ve moved on!

"Still a decent return on the 250k Mick spent on him."

maybe but if you by something for a tenner at a car boot sale that you later find out is worth a couple of grand your a fool if you then let it go for £100

I''m surprised they didn''t get 10 million for him tbh, not that I actually think he''s worth that but he was massive for them last season and I thought anyone wanting to make a move on him (especially at this last stage) would have been forced to pay over the odds.

can''t say I''m sad that hasn''t happened of course!

[quote user="Samwam27"]And they look like using the money to get Jon Nolan, one I wish we''d have gone for.
But we''ve moved on![/quote]LMAO.
Nolan wouldn''t get into our midfield infront of ANY of our current players, and that includes Thompson who''s been out for 2 years!
He''s had a single good season at League 1 (last year), yet the season before that he managed 1 in 30 from midfield and wasn''t anything special in the slightest in the process.

To be fair to him that season he was playing in the worst team in the division. Based on what I saw last season (4 or 5 games probably) I think Nolan will be a good signing for them, An actual footballer in their midfield.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]
To be fair to him that season he was playing in the worst team in the division. Based on what I saw last season (4 or 5 games probably) I think Nolan will be a good signing for them, An actual footballer in their midfield.
[/quote]
I''m not sure the League 1 standard is that high though, and questionable whether both Shrewsbury players can make the step up to the Championship . Not sure if it''s a masterstroke or Peter Grant style "I can get better value in Scotland"

A glance over the farm wall and the muddle of their transfers continues - with claim and denial on a daily basis.
Horst seems intent on only signing (or being linked with) those who has previously worked with.
Perhaps some on here might recognise the sterling work Webber and Farke have done in not only getting our transfer dealings done early ...... but have built an almost new squad since joining with us and few million to the good.

Rumours are that they want Rangers'' Josh Windass as a replacement for in the region of £2 million.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Rumours are that they want Rangers'' Josh Windass as a replacement for in the region of £2 million.

Apples[/quote]
Can''t see them spending 2mill one on player, they''ve barely a pot to p155 in as it is, and doubt the Waghorn money will go anywhere but Evans'' back pocket.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Mr Apples"]Rumours are that they want Rangers'' Josh Windass as a replacement for in the region of £2 million.

Apples[/quote]
Can''t see them spending 2mill one on player, they''ve barely a pot to p155 in as it is, and doubt the Waghorn money will go anywhere but Evans'' back pocket.
[/quote]
Actually it gets moved over to a sort of collective fund with other ME companies, so it can attract a higher rate of interest- as stated by their CEO Ian Milne
A sort of Father Ted - ''it was only resting in my account''.

perhaps now the farmhands will be able to afford to clear those weeds from the roof of poorman road

I hereby withdraw my suggestion that NCFC could do worse than put in a reasonable bid for this youngster (£3m release clause apparently,) and thereby scupper the binners hopes of getting him.

Having said that, with all the L1 and L2 journeymen (in the traditional meaning of the word) that mini-man is stocking up the ITFC squad with the egg-man does seem to be the best of the bunch, talent wise at least.

I always said that Farke''s policy of raiding the lower Bundeslegia on the cheap should be considered a success if a couple of those players came off relative to Championship success. I feel that most of them have actually "come off," although this season will be the real tester and success is top six after all.

The same would apply to Hurst at ITFC, a couple of successes will condone his policy. The binners are drooling as if he has signed a potential PL squad but then they do tend to vastly overrate any player who dons their common blue shirt.

Hurst, with only one Championship game under his belt seems to be overdoing it. League 1/2 football to the Chumps is probably as big a step up as our own German contingent had to make so let''s hope he is in the process of building a very good L.1 team and that Farke has built Championship contenders.

Interesting times.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Rumours are that they want Rangers'' Josh Windass as a replacement for in the region of £2 million.

Apples[/quote]
They''ve got 2  striker replacements for Waghorn,  Harrison & Jackson  both early 20'' s from Bristol Rovers & Accy Stanley

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I always said that Farke''s policy of raiding the lower Bundeslegia on the cheap should be considered a success if a couple of those players came off relative to Championship success. I feel that most of them have actually "come off," although this season will be the real tester and success is top six after all. [/quote]
The strategy with us is not simply finding ''hidden gems'' but having the ability to polish them up - as with a rough diamond.
Without the back up of good coaching I doubt we would be now watching a much improved Sir Benny, Onel, Vrancic, Zimmerman etc. That requires the club to not only spot potential in playing but that the player has the mindset to drive himself forward.
Whether that applies at poorman road we shall have to see. My thought is that there is also an intention there to move on their high earners and so we may see Garner go, whilst the aged Skuse and Chambers are allowed to see out their contract. If that is the case then (horror) good luck to them.
Too many clubs have too many players earning far too much.

For any club with smaller budgets you have to buy with a view to a return on the investment in the future. That means targeting younger players from the lower levels who have room to develop and improve. Whether those players come from the English lower leagues or from Germany isn''t really important.

"Younger" being the operative word, but that''s a different matter. All clubscontinually seek promising youngsters, Man. City took Angus Gunn from Norwich as we know.

However, and not wanting to delve into the rest of them, two of Hurst''s signings today were Nolan aged 26 who has previously played for six other clubs all at a lower level than the Championship and Nsiala, same age and with an even less impressive background.

Neither of these and I suspect a few of the others signed, and it''s about nine in now, can be viewed as likely to give much of a return on investment unless they hit the ground running at a level higher than they have been able to perform in the past.

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, the only two players signed by Farke older than 26 have been Vrancic and Rhodes, both with an amount of pedigree at least.

It could all work for Hurst as he should be aware of the best of the lower league talent but he seems to be pinning a lot of his hopes on players he is familiar with for a variety of reasons and expecting them to prosper in a league that he himself has no experience of as a manager.

Like I said, interesting.

26 is about the oldest you could sign and still hope to get some decent return I think. A couple of good seasons and a 28 year old Championship midfielder could still be an attractive proposition for some. Waghorn is 28 for instance.

Nolan was pretty decent at League One level wasn''t he? Here''s hoping he doesn''t step up.

Waghorn is not a good example to refute my case.

He had previously spent most of his career at Championship level with decent Championship teams. Prior to that he had had half a dozen or so games in the Premier League.

I wasn''t trying to refute that case, just suggesting that signing 26 year olds doesn''t mean you can''t get return on investment.