Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

There's only one Onel

Daniel Farke, in a recent interview, said that if Hernandez had more of a cutting edge he would be playing for Barcelona or Man City and we wouldn''t have been able to afford him.

It seems that the work we have done with him is paying off - as with Srbeny who, so far this season (including friendlies) has been the most productive striker.

This progression is great credit to Farke, Webber and the coaching staff. This method of development is absolutely the right way for the club to go - rather than splash out on what we think is the ready made product

Reasons for optimism but it would be dangerous to abandon and go down a different path.

Consistency is the mark of any great player, so on the back of weak opposition Saturday both players mentioned did indeed look better. Let''s hope it continues (see Naismith first game.....)

Agree Mike - most players at this level have the odd outstanding game, but very few can do it regularly over the course of the season. That''s the real mark of a quality player.

[quote user="curious yellow"]Daniel Farke, in a recent interview, said that if Hernandez had more of a cutting edge he would be playing for Barcelona or Man City and we wouldn''t have been able to afford him.

It seems that the work we have done with him is paying off - as with Srbeny who, so far this season (including friendlies) has been the most productive striker.

This progression is great credit to Farke, Webber and the coaching staff. This method of development is absolutely the right way for the club to go - rather than splash out on what we think is the ready made product

Reasons for optimism but it would be dangerous to abandon and go down a different path.[/quote]He''s been known to say this about other players too!As for the subject title... I''ve been trying to get the chant "THERE''S ONLY ONE L IN ONEL!" going for some time now [:D]

Hasn''t worked...

Amazing what little praise our own players receive on here.I have heard more positive comments on Hernandez from the Birmingham fans.

There are no weak teams in this division and if you think there are you are bound to be disappointed.

Sad that people would prefer to have a (continuous) go at Husband. God help Onel if he has one bad game in ten.

Our home form has taken a big dip to coincide with the increase in booing, fans are afraid to be positive.

I''ve said since last season he looks like a top player at this level. Hopefully he will have found his bite now and continue in this vein as he was unplayable in the latter stages of Saturday (and decent throughout too, as I mentioned in my match thread). He has all the attributes to be a real force in this division, but as others have mentioned, he needs to continue to put it together continuously before we lavish the praise otherwise we turn into the scum who somehow think a slightly above average keeper is the best in the Championship.
"God help Onel if he has one bad game in 10"... Yes, because that''s a realistic yardstick for Husband who has had 25ish bad games out of 25ish appearances. Can we try and keep this thread about Onel please, there''s enough about Husband on the board already.

Fantastic again today. He''s really come on since last season when he flashed his ability. Real threat every time he gets the ball.... looks very promising indeed. Only 25 too so plenty of time to develop further.

He was terrific today, transformed from the player I saw last season.
Louis looks one hell of a unit now, hope he can keep fit.
Very encouraged by that today, set against the dross I was watching at home last season.👍