Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Team for West Brom?

It''s blind optimism that makes you look ahead … but here is my take wit subs in brackets:

Krul (McGovern)

Marshall (Passlack)

Klose (Zimmermann)

Hanley

Lewis (Husband)

Tettey (Thompson)

Leitner

McLean (Buendia)

Hernandez

Pukki

Rhodes (Srbeny)

4141?

Seems a tad unfair on Stiepermann (unless he makes it because Lewis is not fit but just wonder whether Husband might make the bench). Also no Cantwell or Godfrey here. I can see Passlack making an appearance though at some point soon.

Any different thoughts?

I''d agree with that- we looked dangerous with that set up against Birmingham.

If Lewis isn''t fit then I''d start Steipermann.

[quote user="king canary"]I''d agree with that- we looked dangerous with that set up against Birmingham.

If Lewis isn''t fit then I''d start Steipermann.[/quote]

Probably our best starting 11.... Steipermann for Husband too..

Still think Leitner, McLean, Hernandez, Pukki and Rhodes would be too attacking.

I''d look to add a Thompson or Trybull in and take out someone. Possibly Pukki and have Hernandez on one wing and McLean on the other.

With Marshall and Lewis both being better going forward then defending with the starting XI in the OP you basically have 3 players defending (and Tettey and Klose are both prone to little wanders up pitch). I''d go with that formation when we have Rotherham, Bolton etc at home who will look to sit deep - but against WBA who will want to play on the front foot, it might be too overexposed.

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="king canary"]I''d agree with that- we looked dangerous with that set up against Birmingham.

If Lewis isn''t fit then I''d start Steipermann.[/quote]

Probably our best starting 11.... Steipermann for Husband too..[/quote]
Didn''t Stiepermann have a knock on Saturday?  he may not be fit either.

Suspect we’ll see husband & Trybull starting again. One of McLean or Leitner in for Stiepermann. Will there be space to see Thompson or Godfrey get some minutes?

I think as the season goes on we''ll see Thompson and Godfrey get minutes but right now it could just be a case of putting out our fit first team players. They''re backups for injuries, rotation when we have a number of games and cup games.

As it''s our first home game I''m expecting a similar lineup with leitner coming in for Steipermann. I''m excited to see Pukki and Hernandez! I said before Birmingham this is the perfect opportunity to get hernandez consistently playing and proving he''s more reliable in attack than Murphy. His attributes could lead him to being a very valuable player for us.

Oh and I forgot to mention Husband. When he signed the way boro fans spoke of him was slightly worrying and we''re seeing exactly why. He''s capable in a more forward area of the pitch but as a left back or full back I''m seriously unconvinced. I wouldn''t risk playing Lewis against such a tough side considering his lack of pre season. We''ll just have to hope West Brom have another off day like last weekend and don''t exploit Husband. I know I would!

Krul

Marshall, Klose, Hanley, Lewis (steipermann if lewis not fit)

Leitner, Tettey

Mclean, Pukki, Hernandez

Rhodes

Subs: McGovern, Zimmermann, Srbeny, Buendia, Thomspon, Trybull, Cantwell.

It all really depends on who is fit to play left back - my working assumption is that Lewis wont be ready yet and that Steipermann recovers - if not it will be Husband.

Personally I would probably prefer Buendia ahead of Cantwell, but of Lewis isnt fit then we wont have filled our 7 player quota.

Krul*

Marshall * Hanley * Klose Steipermann

Tettey

Onel Leitner Trybull Pukki

Rhodes*

Subs

McGovern, Zimmerman, Husband*, Thompson*, Cantwell* McLean, Srbeny,

I''d quite like something like this, would be harsh on Pukki mind.
[IMG]https://image.ibb.co/kkQ40e/lineup.png[/IMG]

Like the look of that team, hog. It may be harsh on Pukki but it might work to his advantage if he comes on as a sub when opponents are tiring a bit and is able to affect the game from there.   Would still like him in the team though and as it is likely still going to be four at the back, I''d go with same as Brum but with Leitner in for Stiepermann -
                   Krul
Marshall  Hanley Klose Husband
                  Tettey 
Hernandez Trybull Leitner Pukki
                  Rhodes

@Hogesar

Like the team, like the pic. I''d feel with a back three though that having Tettey and Trybull could be excessive- I''d play Leitner.

I''d imagine we''ll set up the same with perhaps Stiepermann moving to LB and one of Leitner or McLean starting instead.

Krul

Marshall Hanley Klose Stiepermann (assuming Lewis out)

Tettey Trybull

Leitner (or Mclean)

Onel Rhodes Pukki

[quote user="king canary"]@Hogesar

Like the team, like the pic. I''d feel with a back three though that having Tettey and Trybull could be excessive- I''d play Leitner.[/quote]
Yeah. I would agree and particularly because i like Leitner. Only reasoning is I think West Brom are pretty strong and this might be the best way to start the game to get a foothold in midfield.

Of course he won''t get booed all the time. There was a very small section who booed on Saturday when he was substituted, hardly like the crowd were laying into him all game.

Krul.

Marshall. Hanley. Klose. Hus/Lew/Steip

Thompson. McLean.

Buendia/ Pukki Leitner. Hernandez.

Rhodes.

Yes

Pinto at left back.

It looks a very open team with Pinto and Marshall in a back 4 with just Tettey and a load of attack minded players

Could be 5 - 5

From the BBC :

Match facts

• There has

not been a draw between these sides in any of the last 15 meetings in

all competitions (eight Norwich wins, seven wins for West Brom).
  • West

Brom have won five of their last six league trips to Carrow Road (L1),

winning the most recent two games 1-0 on each occasion.
  • Norwich

have won their opening home league match of the season in just one of

the last 10 seasons (D5 L4), a 3-0 win over Watford in 2014-15.

Im not even going to comment on LB except to say this seems like a better option than the alternatives. Interesting lineup fpr sure. More attacking than i expected

[quote user="Chichcan"]Yes

Pinto at left back.

It looks a very open team with Pinto and Marshall in a back 4 with just Tettey and a load of attack minded players

Could be 5 - 5[/quote]
McLean can play in a more defensive role..