Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Worst team ever to score 4 at Carrow Road?

I hold Farke personally responsible for badly adving Cecil for the Pen and for ringing Kruls phone as he was about to save a shot.

“Unbelievable! Neil Warnock could get this group of players in the top 6. Can''t believe that Farke has much longer.”

Would that be with a single or album ?

Would anyone care to make an intelligent and reasoned post in support of Farke? I have just come home to watch a very ordinary group of Leeds players absolutely destroy Derby.

I can''t remember the name of the new Leeds manager but he has very quickly learned how to win games at this level. Something very lacking at Carrow Road. We should now have 6 points but we have 1.

My concerns from today are that

1) at half time West Brom had worked out all they needed to do was push up, press us quicker and we’d make a mistake or they’d get a counter attacking chance. We then fell to pieces for about 15mins and gave ourselves too much to do.

2) with only 1 holding midfielder and little restraint from Leitner from pushing high up the pitch we left our defence very exposed. Against a better side (Leeds!) we’ll concede even more.

On the positive side we have an attacking threat that was all too often lacking last season (which has come at the cost of breaking the defence), we have a ‘never say die’ attitude and the players are clearly up for the fight, the new signings are good players on first viewing and have improved the squad, Hernandez is a class act who was involved in everything good about us today, we mixed up the play and didn’t just play it around at the back and we now have a striker that looks like he’ll score plenty of goals.

Frustrating day.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"] and we now have a striker that looks like he’ll score plenty of goals.

Frustrating day.[/quote]
Which striker was that?

Whenever I see Neil Warnock the only thing I can think about is the fact his entire hairline is beyond his head''s horizon.

Which makes him look like a bald man standing in front of somebody else. Hrtbps.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that Farke is trying to aim for a more excitng and attacking team at the expense of his careful, Germanic style, but as we found out today this leaves us too open. He needs to find a happy medium.
Today, though, he can''t be blamed for a few bad individual errors which changed the game. A poor penalty to them, a bad miss and a howler. Nothing he can do about these, and by the more experienced pros as well.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]
[quote user="Fiery Zac"] and we now have a striker that looks like he’ll score plenty of goals.

Frustrating day.[/quote]
Which striker was that?
[/quote]

The one that scored and should’ve scored the pen. The game I was watching and the others he’s played in he looks like a proper striker; in the right place, wins headers that then have a chance to go to a yellow shirt, holds the ball up and is effective defending set pieces. Basically the opposite of what NO did for us last season.

The worst team etc etc sounds like sour grapes to me. Yes we were fairly quick and skilfull in the first half. But overall I thought they were bigger and stronger, and at times they had a bit of the Premiership about them. Whereas the same couldn''t be said of us.

WBA were not that great and barely warranted their win, but did what they needed to do after we should have well ahead at the break . They have some decent enough players and the I''m sure we''ll come up against worse this season. They were more than capable of time-wasting/managing the situation for the last 10+ mins, and our plan of putting Hanley up front backfired a bit as he was needlessly caught offside 3 times.

I agree. Unbelievable to let in four goal against WBA. They have been the most goal shy team in Premier League for many years and have started the season bad before they met Norwich. They didn’t even have to sweat to get the goals, very easy goals. Norwich with no organization and players who clearly thinks they only have to show up to win the game. They have to wake up. It seems there are serious problems with the effort given on the pitch, many of the players almost walking around. The players we expect the most of Tettey, Krul, Hanley is not up for it. Mistake after mistake. This may have to be som kind og attitude problems. Kruls body language is noncholant, seems like he is on the pitch and thinks he not need to give his all.

I always hope Farke will get success with Norwich, but the signs of a great team is far far away. All the errors with the penalty against, horrible penalty miss, goalkeeper error, bad marking on the goals against and so on is a sign of lack of concentration and the players have not have the right focus. It seems that they think they don’t have to run and fight. Or maybe they are not that good. The style of play is very naive. And I fear this will not end with Farke in charge. The gambling on a released Brighton keeper and a Sheffield Wednesday reject as this season main striker has not been a success so far, even though he scored a tap in before the bad penalty miss. Hope everything changes and both Rhodes and Krul come out to the pitch with energy and confidence, but I don’t think Farke can turn this around. I think it’s time for another change in the management. The change should have come after last seasons 14th place and the board should have acted.

I don''t fear this ending the Farke not in charge....I''m looking forward to it.

This manager is all smoke and mirrors with no substance or pedigree to back it up.......there are dozens of managers who would be getting better results and performances with this team both last season and this....

"GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"

Pukki and rhodes.......the reincarnation of the Elmander and van wolfswinkel partnership? ?

Considering they both scored, then no.

They also had a lot of games to be judged on. These guys need more than two to be written off.

Don''t see the similarity myself. We''ve scored five goals in two games with them fronting which is more than decent.

The problem is the goals against column particularly the problems caused by deep cross field centres both from open play and dead balls. Much more worried about that.

My only concerns at the moment are (as Hairy Canary commented) our long standing inability to defend deep, cross field centres and the tendency to over play in defence/ in front of defence - Yes is was a howler by the GK, but Tettey gave the ball away in a dangerous area and he did a similar thing in the first half and got away with it......

I like Pukki but not convinced by Rhodes yet although I like the fact he gets in the box where strikers should be. Hope that woeful penalty doesn''t knock his confidence.

“Rhodes yet although I like the fact he gets in the box where strikers should be. Hope that woeful penalty doesn''t knock his confidence. “

I hope so too. He looks very lightweight but is suprisingly effective in the air, directing flick on’s in the right direction. Something we have been lacking for so long. Whilst talkIng about headers what a rocket from the big man👍