Sign in to follow this  
pete

Still time to sign a proper keeper

Unless Farke believes Krul can be trusted after today. If we want to do anything which seemed a possibility after 45 mins. However Tettey and Krul managed to sap the teams confidence on 46 mins along with Rhodes attempted penalty. If neither had done the calamity a victory looked nailed on.

If Farke cannot get an effective keeper by Aug 31 it looks bleak after what was a promising beginning.

Onel was absolutely brilliant and must be gutted.

Krul was garbage. Worst home goalkeeping debut since Theo?

I’d like to see Aston Oxborough given a go. If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Blimey - one bad mistake and it''s the door? Is that how much time we give a player these days? Did you not see the other saves he made; it could have been worse.

"If you’re good enough, you’re old enough."

Well he''s not playing - so clearly he isn''t...yet.

FCC wrote the following post at 11/08/2018 9:13 PM:

Krul was garbage. Worst home goalkeeping debut since Theo?
His mistake was devistating, throwing the ball into your own net is not a good traite.
How does it rank against taking a shite penalty, the result is the same.
What else did he do wrong that made him so so bad.

As Nutty would say "they were watching on the wireless".

Give the guy a break, it was poor but he didn''t do anything else to cause alarm and has done pretty well. There was little he could do with the other goals.

Cannot judge on one game. The penalty was probably more down to the speed and skill of Gayle rather than a mistake by Krul. The goal he let through his hands was as bad as i can remember since the Colchester game in league one. The trouble is both Krul and Rhodes will have their mistakes weighing on their minds , both need a good performance to shake them off. Our defense is not the strongest anyway so the last thing we need is a dodgy keeper, too early to say if we have one

It is too early as you say Yorkshire. We need a good few games to get a reasonable opinion. There are distinct worrying signs though. I''m not convinced at all by Krul. He did seem a last minute acquisition. Hope he proves me wrong.

I remember thinking Ruddy was awful after the first couple of games for us, with a couple of silly mistakes. Krul has a few more games for me before I start getting too worried.

Keepers'' errors of this type usully come from misjudging some aspect - speed, spin, curve - of the ball, when they decide to catch a ball that they should have probably parried. It happens and makes the keeper at fault look very silly, it''s even worse when it happens at the first home game of the season. Nonetheless, I would not write off Krul just beacuse of that. He made some decent and his distribution was good. So I''d wait and see. Btw. I''ve seen some outstanding games of McGowern for NIR (like the World Cup playoffs vs the Albanians) so I think we''re covered in that area.

Jesus Christ, get a grip. Even World class goalies make mistakes. Caballero, Muslera, Lloris-even De Gea, supposedly the best goalie in the world-all let in goals that you would expect them to stop 99% of the time.

There is no justification for crucifying Krul after one bad game.

[quote user="STFU"]Jesus Christ, get a grip. Even World class goalies make mistakes. Caballero, Muslera, Lloris-even De Gea, supposedly the best goalie in the world-all let in goals that you would expect them to stop 99% of the time.

There is no justification for crucifying Krul after one bad game.[/quote]

100% spot on, STFU 👍

As someone has already mentioned, Ruddy.

Totally unconvincing in his early games for us and everybody was begging the club to try and sign up Fraser Forster again! Anyone remember Ruddy pre-season in his first year vs Everton? Say no more!

Give him time.

Anyone see De Gea''s shocker in the World Cup? Reckon Utd should sack him off?