Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Rome was not built in a day.

It will take time to gel new players to the system we have here so mistakes will happen. But overall the performance yesterday was good.We are a mid table side squad that will take several seasons to build to challenge top six.So we need to be patient with the club as we improve on and off the field in the coming years.

In the meantime losses/debt will pile up and crowds will dwindle.

I never like that kind of talk and it is entirely reminiscent of the kind of stuff coming from those down the road on a consistent basis.

Surely the majority of teams in this division are aspiring to a top six place this season and, without a sense of entitlement, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why City should be excluded from such ambitions. You can after all throw a medium sized handkerchief over the lot of them and whereas one or two will become the cream and one or two will sink there are six whole places available and by just attaining one of these we can assume a successful season and look forward.

This ''building for the future''stuff hardly ever works as there are so many obstacles lurking to prevent fruition, consistently losing the better players being the obvious one. Interest will wane.

Leave this task to the Academy staff, Farke''s job is to create a force capable of a top six place and this is an immediate requirement.

Whether this is realistic or not will be revealed as the weeks progress. If it becomes a no-no, then changes will need making in the coaching department.

Rome would have been built in a day had Brian Clough been in charge.

I agree people need to be patient, i''m not so sure we''re building to anything though. You cant build anything if you are going to sell your best young players year on year and realistically despite what has been said by Farke and Webber about lowering the squads age how many of the first 11 yesterday are young developing players?

I''m ok with it, it''s where we are and I think yesterday showed some promise. Maybe we are just going to tread water for a few years until the academy is up and running. However the club is still going to have to be more brave to put those young players into the first team and show faith in them. Look at Godfrey he has had a good season last year then decent preseason while Hanley/Klose have both looked indifferent and Tettey who was ill all preseason walks straight back in the team (I rate all three players by the way), yet they still wont let him have his shot at centre back or centre mid

Has anyone checked what Huddersfield done in the first two games of their promotion season for comparison....??

[quote user="mr footy"]It will take time to gel new players to the system we have here so mistakes will happen. But overall the performance yesterday was good.We are a mid table side squad that will take several seasons to build to challenge top six.So we need to be patient with the club as we improve on and off the field in the coming years.[/quote]
Several seasons ? You must be having a laugh as whatever state do you think the finances will be in unless success on the field returns sooner rather than later ?
Take note also that the crowd was a tad over 25,100 yesterday which is around 1,500 down on what i would have expected for an opening home fixture against a team with reasonable away support so the slow decline in those who have not your patience is starting to show.

The model we have adopted at norwich is to bring good players through the youth system,while finding affordable lower league players in Europe to fill the squad. With time it can be very successful. We have limited funds,so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Yeah and season upon season we will have to cut our cloth due to dwindling income from all aspects involved with the club and during that time we will become less and less competitive.

You won''t get several seasons to build, you get a series of one year windows. If Hernandez keeps his form up he won''t be here next season so we''ll need to replace him for example.

New season, same post, same poster but to be fair you have got your well worn excuses in place after only 2 games this season which is 4 months earlier than last season.
[quote user="mr footy"]Giving a manager time these days is rare.But we

must get behind the manager as he has only been here for a short

time.Yes the squad is not a top six squad but can keep us in this league

with some additional players in Jan.it may take 2or 3 seasons to sort

it out as the club has less revenue coming in.Rome took a long time to

build,Norwich will too.[/quote]

Too early to make any rash judgement

Huge positive is we look like scoring goals and 5 in 2 games is pretty good, we just need to find a balance to shore up the defence.

If we persist with 2 very attacking full backs/wing backs I think we have to sacrifice pukki MacLean or leitner to fit in either a 3rd centre back or help for tettey.

But early days still.

Wondering if we need to play krul and rhodes v Stevenage to build confidence but then krul needs to kno hid place is up for grabs if he doesn''t perform..

No team gets promoted averaging conceding 3 goals a game. When he tries to shore up the defence we become completely ineffective going forwards as we saw last season. When we attempt an open attack minded game we concede by the bucket load, as seen yesterday and last season. Unfortunately Farke seems incapable of finding the middle ground, which will leave us safe from a disaster but nowhere near the play offs again.

Farke needs to find the right balance between solidity and scoring goals. At the moment it feels we have gone full circle and are back where we started i.e can''t defend.

Injury to Lewis doesn''t help but the Hanley/Klose combo seems to have gone pear shaped too.

I was in Rome two years ago and it still didn''t look as if it was finished.

I hope we can look forward to some faster progress on the playing front.

[quote user="JF"]No team gets promoted averaging conceding 3 goals a game. When he tries to shore up the defence we become completely ineffective going forwards as we saw last season. When we attempt an open attack minded game we concede by the bucket load, as seen yesterday and last season. Unfortunately Farke seems incapable of finding the middle ground, which will leave us safe from a disaster but nowhere near the play offs again.[/quote]

I don''t think we were that open yesterday that''s the frustrating thing, individual errors were the big issue. The system seemed ok (agree that''s not always been the case) however when you make the sort of individual defensive mistakes we did yesterday it gives you the impression the opposition didn''t have to work very hard to beat you, which they didn''t as we basically beat ourselves.

king canary wrote the following post at 12/08/2018 11:19 AM:

You won''t get several seasons to build, you get a series of one year

windows. If Hernandez keeps his form up he won''t be here next season so

we''ll need to replace him for example.
👍

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 12/08/2018 10:39 AM:

mr footy wrote:
It

will take time to gel new players to the system we have here so

mistakes will happen. But overall the performance yesterday was good.We

are a mid table side squad that will take several seasons to build to

challenge top six.So we need to be patient with the club as we improve

on and off the field in the coming years.
Several

seasons ? You must be having a laugh as whatever state do you think the

finances will be in unless success on the field returns sooner rather

than later ?
Take note also that the crowd was a

tad over 25,100 yesterday which is around 1,500 down on what i would

have expected for an opening home fixture against a team with reasonable

away support so the slow decline in those who have not your patience is

starting to show.
Gate was lower than normal I suspect for an opening game, quite a few empties in the Community Stand.
You do though always get a few empty season ticket seats this time of year with people being away, they are counted as being filled for gate purposes however, so I believe?
Lots of empty away seats though, looked as if the Baggies may have taken their full allocation and not been able to sell them all?
Not sure how that plays in to the gate figure.

According to a local paper''s report, WBA took 1100 yesterday-am I right in thinking that the away allocation is usually 2500, which means that attendance was 1400 below capacity due to their failure to sell their allocation?

STFU wrote the following post at 12/08/2018 3:47 PM:

According to a local paper''s report, WBA took 1100 yesterday-am I

right in thinking that the away allocation is usually 2500, which means

that attendance was 1400 below capacity due to their failure to sell

their allocation?
Yes around 2500,10% of capacity, goes up to 15% for an FA Cup game I believe.

You can build a lot in a day if you’ve enough money to get the right skilled labour in...

rome was not built in a day
but they had a bigger budget than the idealistic but broke suffolk witch currently in charge
delia out

[quote user="STFU"]According to a local paper''s report, WBA took 1100 yesterday-am I right in thinking that the away allocation is usually 2500, which means that attendance was 1400 below capacity due to their failure to sell their allocation?[/quote]

Unless this is meant as a joke I am assuming you didn''t attend the match because if you had you might have noticed that there were swathes of empty seats in the river end

[quote user="hogesar"]Coming from the poster that follows City 1st around like a lost puppy.[/quote]
As opposed to you following any poster around who does not subscribe to your view.