Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

New season yet sadly some things never change

I know Nutty. I dont even expect top 6 myself. Im looking for improvement.

The issue with this thread and some of the stupid criticism of Farke is that the comments surrounding them are based on yesterdays game where the result was fundamentally determined by two key events that Farke had no control over. Us missing a penalty and Krul practically scoring an own goal. Often that would be the other way round, the 2 goal swing would mean we would have won and everyone would be praising a winning attacking performance.

I have to say I thought we played better football in the first half then we did most of all last season.

We got undone by a goal keeping mistake which happens, a great move and finish by the baggies and a poor corner, not picking up the players in the box or reacting, but each time we came back, even to the point where we so nearly nicked an equaliser!

Just one thing why didn’t we push a Klose and Hanley up into their box and try to hit the box from free kicks we won in their half? Each time the ball was played backwards or sidewards with our two biggest players staying back.....strange.

Yeah, pretty much that Branston. Theres been some perfectly acceptable and balanced criticism of our performance yesterday (see Ricardo and Parmas posts on Ricardos thread), but then theres the usual one''s who unfortunately are exactly as you have described.

it is really a unknown at the moment yes i agree we seem to be playing better scoring more goals but we do need to turn these performances into wins

like i have said all along i do not rate Farke but lets see after 10 games where we are if he can turn these performances into wins then he is doing a good job

but if we continue to lose games or draw games after having most of the ball then we should start looking for a fresh change

Farke''s Career has been a development coach so far in Germany and you can see that good at bring youth on teaching them to play but we need a real winner someone who winning is the most important thing ( warnock style ) i am not one who wants change every other season but you have to get the team winning and i have this doubt with Farke

Top 6 does look unlikely. But I’m happy to take on your bet Mike. Send your £250 to Nutty and I will do the same.

If we don’t make top 6 you get your money back plus £125 of mine if we do I get £125 of yours.

Good fun and for charity mate up for it?

[quote user="Jim Bell"]I have a Farke face mask going for free if anyone wants one[/quote]

He does look a bit like your avatar....

Surely people comment on what they see each game. Any thoughts of if only or if we had subbed him earlier are reasonably meaningless when the end result goes against us.

Everyone will have gone home disappointed and all with reasons why it happened.

And surely that is the way to judge. Watch each game and say what you saw.

I didn''t see the game but have read Ricardo''s report and seen the highlights and my opinion on what I saw is that we made terrible errors for all four goals. Individual ones in the main but perhaps the goal where Pinto, on the wrong side of the pitch?, was missing up the pitch so I am probably thinking the manager shouldn''t have picked someone who hadn''t figured all summer.

From Ricardo''s report, something I respect, we played a more attacking faster paced game than last season, so that pleases me. And that is down to DF so good on him.

So it is a mixed bag. Moans and groans but smiles as well.