Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Home grown rule

According to Michael Bailey we have 16 non-homegrown players. McGovern has to either play or be sub so that leaves five that will be in the stand watching. Surely that’s bad management!

How is it bad management? You could turn it around and say we have 12 homegrown players but only put the 7 required in which means 5 of them would be watching in the stands? People are always going to miss out thats why you have a squad to be able to rotate for fatigue and cover injuries.

The one thing I don’t understand is why we are persisting with McGovern on the bench. Given it is highly unlikely we will ever use a sub goalkeeper I’d give that position to a home grown keeper. Surely it’s a risk worth taking to have the best possible outfield players on the bench?

Very much agree on this Rock Bus. The chances of a keeper getting injured/sent off are very slim, when was the last time we had to make a goalkeeper sub? Would be great experience for Aston Oxborough and free up another place for say someone like Buendia who we could have had on the bench Saturday.

When asked about Trybull Farke said in passing it was down to the homegrown rule...

[quote user="Mike "]When asked about Trybull Farke said in passing it was down to the homegrown rule...[/quote]

I find this very frustrating that we are flaunting so close to the foreign player limit. I know the foreign players prove cheaper in relation to ability, but also if we develop one or two lower league players who are British they also sell for more in the transfer market. The rules were brought in for the benefit of the English game it doesn''t sit well with me that we are so close to breaking those, that it affects our ability to field our strongest squad really irritates. Personally I think Farke also needs to recognise that the right British players may also bring a different quality to the party, even if not so technical.

Krul considered home grown but not McGovern. 7 on Saturday Krul, Hanley, Marshall, Rhodes, Godfrey, Thompson and Cantwell. This rule apparently why Trybull not playing Saturday rather have TT in squad than Stiepermann, and TT to play DM rather than car crash Tettey.

Oxborough can still play for u23s and would effectively be taking one for the team! Going on loan didn’t do Remi much good for us in the end!