Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Grant Holt in Part-Time Academy Role

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/holt-academy-role-1-5647445[/url]
Hopefully he can help develop some of the U-23 strikers and get them into the first team.

Great news to have the big man back at Carrow Rd, I can see our striking legend getting a full time role before long, possibly with Russell Martin getting involved at some point.

Big difference between being a guy who comes in one day, when there are loads of extra kids in, a week while working towards his badges and being a full time coach. I think the line Webber gave with Holt’s ‘willingness and humbleness’ might also give a little clue about why Huckerby isn’t around anymore.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I think the line Webber gave with Holt’s ‘willingness and humbleness’ might also give a little clue about why Huckerby isn’t around anymore.[/quote]

I had skimmed over that the first time round, but it''s interesting now that you''ve highlighted it.

"Not only is it good to have Grant’s undoubted playing history close to our young players but also his willingness and humbleness to work and develop himself further as a coach. His personality fits in perfectly with the values that we are trying to instill into our young players"

I was trying to find the comments Stuart Webber made after Glenn Middleton left, as he wasn''t particularly impressed by the way he''d been developed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Big difference between being a guy who comes in one day, when there are loads of extra kids in, a week while working towards his badges and being a full time coach. I think the line Webber gave with Holt’s ‘willingness and humbleness’ might also give a little clue about why Huckerby isn’t around anymore.[/quote]Eager and doesn''t want to be paid much, then?! Yes, could be a stark contrast to Hucks'' demands!

Happy to have the big man but but pity we did not keep Hucks involved as he obviously loves our club.