Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Husband

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"]Lol. That''s just self engrandising nonsense. [/quote]
No, that''s just the facts of my career to date. The reason you''re trying to belittle it, is because you actually have no valid point. Like I said, explain very clearly what Husband has achieved in his career that offered more to football, than I have to young people, or to society more generally, or shut up.It''s a stupid debate to a stupid question because football isn''t comparable to most careers, so the concept of it was flawed from the outset, however if you want to play that game, then play it, don''t just hide there making digs because you know you''ve been caught out with no valid point to make.
[/quote]
I think my point is valid and perfectly clear - and I''ve not been hiding at all. Your berating of Husband is well over the top and your continuation of your argument into saying you had achieved more than him or offered more than him in your career, well, frankly, that sounds like you have no argument other than you think you are better than him.  Without sounding too unkind, your high opinion if yourself is reflected in your attitude to those you deem to be lesser than yourself.   No-one knows what other people offer others in life, what value or sacrifices they have had to make to get to where they are, or what they think and feel inside, or how they are trying to develop their career.  You may think you are god''s gift to teaching, but there are more ways to offer inspiration to others than teaching.   Humility goes a long way in life, I suggest you think about that before you go lording yourself above someone who you have never met, in a different career to you and who you have only seen on a football field. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]
I think my point is valid and perfectly clear - and I''ve not been hiding at all. Your berating of Husband is well over the top and your continuation of your argument into saying you had achieved more than him or offered more than him in your career, well, frankly, that sounds like you have no argument other than you think you are better than him.  Without sounding too unkind, your high opinion if yourself is reflected in your attitude to those you deem to be lesser than yourself.   No-one knows what other people offer others in life, what value or sacrifices they have had to make to get to where they are, or what they think and feel inside, or how they are trying to develop their career.  You may think you are god''s gift to teaching, but there are more ways to offer inspiration to others than teaching.   Humility goes a long way in life, I suggest you think about that before you go lording yourself above someone who you have never met, in a different career to you and who you have only seen on a football field.  
[/quote]
Thanks for the condescending, sanctimonious lecture LDC, but frankly I''m not really interested and you don''t know anything about me so it may be wise to stop presuming you do. 

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
Thanks for the condescending, sanctimonious lecture LDC, but frankly I''m not really interested and you don''t know anything about me so it may be wise to stop presuming you do. 
[/quote]
Purely going on what you have written on this thread. You write contentious stuff, you can expect robust replies.
Apart from anything else, JH is a NCFC footballer so whatever any of us thinks, it is in all our interests that he does as well as possible when picked.  Hope we can agree on that and hope that he proves himself in the best way - on the pitch.

Considering how difficult and competitive it is to become a pro footballer at any sort of level, I don''t know how anyone can argue that Husband has not had a relatively high level of achievement in his career compared to the tens of thousands of other players who either don''t make the grade at all, or never get out of the lower levels of the pyramid.

It''s all semantic though, everyone agrees he''s certainly not been a top performer at this level, but he''s a squad player who will doubtless have a part to play this season. Whilst he''s still at the club I will personally get behind him and hope he can improve his form; I don''t see the benefit in absolutely slating someone with childish hyperbole.

I would have thought someone who has had such a meaningful career in the social sector would have seen the benefits in encouragement rather than belittlement, but to each their own.

Let''s hope he picks up his level and this thread is forgotten.

Well perhaps we could all start by making him feel welcome when he comes on the pitch on saturday and give him as much encouragement as we can.

I don''t think anyone has advocating not supporting him while he''s on the pitch.

But I highly doubt James Husband is on the pinkun forum so I don''t think anyone saying he''s shit on here is going to affect him much.

"But I highly doubt James Husband is on the pinkun forum"

Judging by the reaction I wonder whether he is spending his spare time with KIOs significant other [;-)]

So was Husband responsible for that showing of defensive ineptitude from his seat in the stands?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Well there you go - the manager thinks an average right back will do a better job than a Husband 🤣😂🤣😂[/quote]
Two wrongs don''t make right. Is Marshall actually a RB?

i honestly thought he would play Husband today farke telling him a good time to show the doubters wrong type team talk but to drop him for pinto tells me i doubt we will see husband for a while or ever again

Does say something when Farke picks a RB to play at LB, ahead of Husband.

Oh to have a solid defense!

[quote user="Samwam27"]Does say something when Farke picks a RB to play at LB, ahead of Husband.

Oh to have a solid defense![/quote] In picking Pinto, Farke succumbed to the pressure to produce "entertaining" football at Carrow Road. Pinto was highly entertaining, and defensively every bit as bad as Husband. 

"In picking Pinto, Farke succumbed to the pressure to produce "entertaining" football at Carrow Road"

Yep, when I think about making the Tema more entertaining I think...change the fullback.

He was simply succumbing to the pressure Husband put on him by not b information very good.

[quote user="king canary"]"In picking Pinto, Farke succumbed to the pressure to produce "entertaining" football at Carrow Road"

Yep, when I think about making the Tema more entertaining I think...change the fullback.

He was simply succumbing to the pressure Husband put on him by not b information very good.[/quote] If Farke was concerned solely with Husband''s vulnerability (exacerbated by lack of support from Hernandez), he could quite easily have given Tettey a partner and bolstered the defence that way. Indeed I think that''s what he should have done, and should have done even after opting for Pinto over Husband, since Pinto appeared primed to get forward at every opportunity. Increasing the entertainment, yes; improving us defensively, no. 

He wasn''t concerned with his ''vulnerability'' in the set up he was concerned with his lack of ability.

Farke from yesterday- "No injury. We didn''t think James had his best game last week and with Phillips liking to cut infield, Ivo was the best option. I thought he was outstanding.''"

Doesn''t sound like someone concerned with making the team more ''entertaining'' and more with replacing a player who played badly last week.

[quote user="king canary"]He wasn''t concerned with his ''vulnerability'' in the set up he was concerned with his lack of ability.

Farke from yesterday- "No injury. We didn''t think James had his best game last week and with Phillips liking to cut infield, Ivo was the best option. I thought he was outstanding.''"

Doesn''t sound like someone concerned with making the team more ''entertaining'' and more with replacing a player who played badly last week.[/quote] Actually sounds more like someone doing his best to cover up an error of judgement. Pinto was certainly "outstanding".

All of our fullback options seem to me to be, on paper, more suited to a wing back formation. Does this indicate that we have suspect defensive players, that players further up aren’t doing their jobs without the ball, that recruitment has sourced the wrong players, that we need to sign Kante or that I haven’t got a clue?

@Westcoast

Probably.

I just don''t think when putting his team together Farke decided to put Pinto at left back due to a pressure to be ''more entertaining.'' I think he put him there because Husband was crap the week before and he thought Pinto might be better.

[quote user="king canary"]@Westcoast

Probably.

I just don''t think when putting his team together Farke decided to put Pinto at left back due to a pressure to be ''more entertaining.'' I think he put him there because Husband was crap the week before and he thought Pinto might be better.[/quote]
[Y] I''m sure DF did indeed think Pinto might be better, and if he had given Tettey a defensive midfield partner a case might be made for agreeing with him. As it was, the first thirty minutes on Saturday simply threw a temporary mask over the persistent weaknesses in our defending. In my opinion, substituting Pinto for Husband was an irrelevancy in that context.