Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Husband

Husband was woeful all last seasons, and given plenty of chances to redeem himself.

Throughout pre-season, and yesterdays game, he still looks woeful. He presents a massive weakness to the team and shouldn''t be anywhere near the first team.

Like Watkins we should recognise he''s a weakness and get rid of whilst the transfer window is still open. Whether Lewis, Arrons & Steiperman are enough cover, or another LB is brought in, but Husband has been a really poor signing and it would be great to get rid of

Any ideas as to who would be prepared to buy a '' woeful '' player in the next few days ?

He was improving game on game before his injury last season, put in some decent enough performances around September/October time.
Suppose we''ve got to have a boo boy though, now that Martin''s off for good

Was really poor in pre season - simply not good enough - poor that Farke can''t see that

Too many midfielders not enough solid defensive cover

Husband will get ripped apart by Matt Phillips from West Brom if he plays next week

Husbands best performances for Norwich have been when hes played on the left wing!

Agree hes not good enough at LB, League 1 standard at best!

The beauty of players like Husband is as soon as they''re named on the teamsheet there’s no need to watch the game or be in anyway analytical. If we win it''s despite the scapegoat, if we lose the blame is already assigned!

We need to give the lad a break while he''s with us. We all can see it''s not really working but getting on his back and knocking what confidence is left in him during games is only harming us. He''s not a lazy player and doesn''t appear to have a bad attitude so get behind him a little more until the club finds an alternative as back up.

Been average to poor since signing but unlike some, even though I don''t think he should be played, if he s in the team he gets my full support.

To be fair to him, I don''t think he has the attributes to succeed the way farke likes to play,. He doesn''t have the pace and mobility needed. In a pulis or mccarthy type team i think he woukd do ok.

I don''t know but maybe stieperman played yesterday as kind of back up as farke knew we were weak that side, especially as I think Hernandez was on that side too and was never going to provide help defensively

If any of us was at work and were constantly criticised and booed we wouldn''t be as good as we could be. Players play best when encouraged and supported. I will never understand anyone who boos their own team and would rather you didn''t turn up. What do you expect to achieve? Definition of SUPPORTer?

I agree with the fact that he is out of his depth, but the remarks about booing your own team are very true as well...I think you should be supporting the team, whoever is playing

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]If any of us was at work and were constantly criticised and booed we wouldn''t be as good as we could be. Players play best when encouraged and supported. I will never understand anyone who boos their own team and would rather you didn''t turn up. What do you expect to achieve? Definition of SUPPORTer?[/quote]
Would you expect a pat on the back and a well done for trying hard at your job even if you were atrocious and did absolutely naff all of any positive consequence, and in fact contributed to a lower office productivity rate due to your ineptitude?? I suspect you''d be more likely to find a P45 than a well done certificate on your desk.

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]If any of us was at work and were constantly criticised and booed we wouldn''t be as good as we could be. Players play best when encouraged and supported. I will never understand anyone who boos their own team and would rather you didn''t turn up. What do you expect to achieve? Definition of SUPPORTer?[/quote]

Spot on Irn Bru 👍

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]If any of us was at work and were constantly criticised and booed we wouldn''t be as good as we could be. Players play best when encouraged and supported. I will never understand anyone who boos their own team and would rather you didn''t turn up. What do you expect to achieve? Definition of SUPPORTer?[/quote]
Would you expect a pat on the back and a well done for trying hard at your job even if you were atrocious and did absolutely naff all of any positive consequence, and in fact contributed to a lower office productivity rate due to your ineptitude?? I suspect you''d be more likely to find a P45 than a well done certificate on your desk.
[/quote]

You have completely missed the point, KIO.

Hanley was by far the worst defender on the pitch yesterday but the only negative posts I’ve seen on social media that single out players are about how poor Husband was.

I wonder why? Baaaaaaaaa

No, i havent Alex. Nobody is booing husband before the game, its in response to what he does. Hes not some victim who is being unfairly hounded before a ball is kicked. He plays badly and people respond.

[quote user="Clint"]Hanley was by far the worst defender on the pitch yesterday but the only negative posts I’ve seen on social media that single out players are about how poor Husband was.

I wonder why? Baaaaaaaaa[/quote]
Hanley was god-awful yesterday. The difference is Hanley has 20+ games of very good performances in the goodwill bank. Husband is like groundhog day, every game he''s awful.
Nobody is banging on about Hanley because it was the exception rather than the norm.

I agree fully in your point about Hanley but it’s a new season, let’s see what happens. Husband wasn’t the worst player yesterday so let’s give the guy a break. None of the defensive unit (and that’s not exclusively the defenders) covered themselves in any glory yesterday.

I’m fairly confident that at least half the people on this thread didn’t watch the match yesterday and are in no position to judge anyone’s performance and are just jumping on the ‘Husband’s awful’ bandwagon.

Actually, I thought Husband was looking much improved last season, towards the end of last year, after he had a bit of a run in the team.

I would imagine it''s very difficult to get to peak levels of fitness, performance and confidence when you''ve not really had a run of games, and Lewis was on another level last season.

Still, I appreciate that some people on this forum would rather foam at the mouth with ridiculously polarised opinions (not good enough for a non-league team?!?!) than show a bit of understanding towards a second-choice squad player.

[quote user="kick it off"]Nobody is banging on about Hanley.
[/quote]
Maybe they should, because he has been made captain and we need him to play better for being captain, not worse.  Maybe he was trying too hard yeaterday.  I''m sure he will play better next game, maybe if Husband is picked, he too will play better.  It was the first game of the season where if you are not careful you get all sorts of rogue results.  Birmingham were not dross, no team is in this division so overall EVERY player did a job yesterday and EVERY player deserves some credit for it.

Agree Hanley had a poor game yesterday, and players are always a tad rusty, but Hanley players well more often than not.

Husband was substituted at half time. Was that because he was injured or did Farke agree he wasn''t playing well and wanted to sure things up. Husband, unlike Hanley, has had more poor games than good ones.

I totally agree we shouldn''t boo our own players, but if they are weak, and prone to errors, we have the right to criticise on boards like this.

Husband is a bit like Watkins, in that he''s been given plenty of chances to shine/improve, and simply looks poor/out of his depth each time he plays. If we''re short of replacements in the squad then the manager picks him, but runs the risk his weakness/errors could cost us (wish our defense would stop going to sleep, they are prone to that as last season proved)

I doubt there are many suitors out there who are keen to take Husband on, but you never know

Interesting aside. Blues fans version of Ricardos report and hes rated our players at the bottom. One guess as to who he thought was the worst.... is he just scapegoating too?

http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk/2018/08/view-from-the-south-birmingham-city-v-norwich-city-3/?fdx_switcher=true

“I’m fairly confident that at least half the people on this thread didn’t watch the match yesterday and are in no position to judge anyone’s performance and are just jumping on the ‘Husband’s awful’ bandwagon”

This is the point I tried to make. Kio does mention a number of positives but some just want to latch onto the negative stuff.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“I’m fairly confident that at least half the people on this thread didn’t watch the match yesterday and are in no position to judge anyone’s performance and are just jumping on the ‘Husband’s awful’ bandwagon”

This is the point I tried to make. Kio does mention a number of positives but some just want to latch onto the negative stuff.[/quote]
It''s not "latching on" to anything to point out that villifying a player is unecessary and counter productive.  I made the point in the other thread that KIO had said some good things about the match, he was on the mark most of the time with his comments.  I guess it''s about how you want to percieve your football team as a whole.  The overall performance was pretty good and we got a result out of it, so why is it necessary to villify one player, when he made no major mistakes and worked hard and contributed some link up play, when there were others in the team who nearly cost us the match with their basic mistakes?