Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team vs Stevenage

Will Farke make a raft of changes....or will yesterday''s game alter his thinking into putting the 1st team out again to try and get the defeat out the system ahead of a tough trip to Bramall lane...

Could go with an entirely different xi?...

...........McGovern. .......

Passlack. ..Godfrey. .Zimmerman. ..Lewis/Husband

...Buendia...Thompson....Tryball. ...Stieperman. ..

......... ...........Cantwell................

....................Srbeny. ............

downside of the above team is of course it''s one probably capable of getting knocked out of the league cup at the first hurdle, if not on their game...

I think it should be as strong an XI as possible - we need to get the defence and striking partnerships to flow and that''s best done in a match situation.

[quote user="FCC"]Two more chances than Remi.[/quote]

The reason being Remi made no errors whatsoever during pre season against lesser teams than West Brom?

Seriously folks!

Last year he put out pretty strong teams in the cups-and got predictably slated for it by some.

I’d like to see minimal changes-maybe Buendia, Godfrey and Passlack in? But not wholesale changes please.

[quote user="STFU"]Last year he put out pretty strong teams in the cups-and got predictably slated for it by some.

I’d like to see minimal changes-maybe Buendia, Godfrey and Passlack in? But not wholesale changes please.[/quote]

Those three definitely, i''d be tempted with Srbeny and Zimmerman too, need to put pressure on Hanley and Klose to up their game. Imo it''s individual concentration which is causing the problems at the moment, get them fighting for their spot in the 11 will sharpen them up more rather than playing imo.

Tettey will definitely not play I think it''s fair to assume. Husband may get another go or they may want to give pinto more minutes as a LB . I''d probably stick with a spine krul Hanley MacLean pukki and maybe rhodes to try to build confidence and sharpness then player other back up players

No lack of confidence at the Boro after yesterday same cannot be said of City folded completely after penalty miss and Krul major error. Krul must start to see if he''s really the car crash he looks to be. Loans available until 31st Aug could be Farke''s death knell otherwise.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Stick Krul in again, get some confidence or last chance ?[/quote]

Definitely... Chance to get it out of his system

I''d rest Tettey and Pinto, but Krul and Rhodes must IMO start, we have to get both of them playing time and equally importantly confidence.

At the back I''d like to see how Lewis, Godfrey, Hanley and Passlack combine as a group, also how Srbeny and Rhodes work as pair up front.

.................................Krul................................

.....Passlack..... Hanley ..... Godfrey. .... Lewis.....

....................McLean .....Thompson..................

..............Srbeny......Leitner ....Hernandez.........

..............................Rhodes..............................

Krul

Pinto

Hanley

Zimmermann

Husband

Thompson

Leitner

McLean

Stiepermann

Pukki

Rhodes

More game time for Krul & pinto, get some minutes into zimmermann, show some confidence in husband with Stiepermann protecting (unless Lewis is ready to start a game, in which case get him in) , breather for tettey and get thompson involved, chance for McLean & Leitner to hone their individual & collective roles, same for Pukki & Rhodes. Godfrey, Srbeny & Marshall off the bench. Keep hernandez in reserve for the weekend.

But going by last year, Farke will probably field his strongest team available which definitely has Onel starting and probably Klose too. Opposition coaches will be noting our set piece vulnerability and defensive frailties tracking back on the flanks. I’m hopeful that we get to see lots of thompson & Godfrey this season.

4-2-3-1

Gk. Krul

LB. Pinto

CB. Hanley

CB. Zimmerman

RB. Passlack

CM. Godfrey

CM. Thompson

AML. Pukki

CAM. Cantwell

AMR. Buendia

ST. Rhodes

Subs; Oxborough Aarons Lewis McLean Hernandez Srbeny Idah

Oxborough
Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Husband
                      Thompson
Marshall         Cantwell            Buendia
                         Srbeny
Subs:
Krul
Pinto
Hanley
Mclean
Stiepermann
Pukki
Idah
This gives many of our younger players a chance to perform in what should be an easy match, let''s us see how Thompson does in that defensive role, and because we''re changing basically the entire XI, none of our squad from the previous 2 games will feel that they have been dropped for poor performances (e.g. Krul, Rhodes, Tettey).
Also, if Husband can''t perform defensively well against Stevenage, then his time at the club really should be up...

Oxborough

Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley, Husband

Godfrey

Marshall, Thompson, Cantwell, Buendia

Srbeny

Subs:

McGovern, Passlack, Odusina, Mclean, Hernandez, Idah, Spyrou

Previous form suggests Farke likes playing strong teams in cup ties.

I''d like to see Godfrey, Passlack and Buendia get run outs at least though.

The fullback positions look to be problematic at this early stage. We all hope & assume that Lewis will continue his solid progress from last year, stay fit and solve the issue on the left. Not a guarantee by any means. Husband, Stiepermann & Pinto look to be Farke''s senior back up options here, none of which inspire huge confidence defensively and will be targeted by the opposition. I think Husband should be given another chance tomorrow - good opportunity for him to gain some confidence and game time. If Pinto or Stiepermann gets the nod ahead of him, it doesn''t bode well for his future prospects here. If Lewis is available, get at least 70 minutes into his legs.

On the right, Marshall looks vulnerable defensively and will also be targeted. If he is to continue in the "flat back-four" formation, deep-lying midfielders will be sucked out of position and left exposed. Pinto, Aarons, Passlack and perhaps even Godfrey look to be the other options which should be ok for top-half championship level.

If I was picking for Stevenage, I''d like to have a look at Aarons (even half an hour) on the right and give Husband another shot (and get Jamal involved at some stage). Although I think Farke will continue with Marshall on the right and Pinto on the left, bringing on Jamal for the last 15mins.

On paper this game, being at home, should be a good opportunity to iron out some issues, get some much-needed game time into a few players while still progressing in the competition. Of course Stevenage will be going all out for the scalp.

To amend by earlier post, this could be a good game to have a look at Buendia too. Lots to look forward to.

[quote user="paddycanary"]The fullback positions look to be problematic at this early stage. We all hope & assume that Lewis will continue his solid progress from last year, stay fit and solve the issue on the left. Not a guarantee by any means. Husband, Stiepermann & Pinto look to be Farke''s senior back up options here, none of which inspire huge confidence defensively and will be targeted by the opposition. I think Husband should be given another chance tomorrow - good opportunity for him to gain some confidence and game time. If Pinto or Stiepermann gets the nod ahead of him, it doesn''t bode well for his future prospects here. If Lewis is available, get at least 70 minutes into his legs.

On the right, Marshall looks vulnerable defensively and will also be targeted. If he is to continue in the "flat back-four" formation, deep-lying midfielders will be sucked out of position and left exposed. Pinto, Aarons, Passlack and perhaps even Godfrey look to be the other options which should be ok for top-half championship level.

If I was picking for Stevenage, I''d like to have a look at Aarons (even half an hour) on the right and give Husband another shot (and get Jamal involved at some stage). Although I think Farke will continue with Marshall on the right and Pinto on the left, bringing on Jamal for the last 15mins.

On paper this game, being at home, should be a good opportunity to iron out some issues, get some much-needed game time into a few players while still progressing in the competition. Of course Stevenage will be going all out for the scalp.

To amend by earlier post, this could be a good game to have a look at Buendia too. Lots to look forward to.[/quote]

To be fair league two is about Husbands level so he will probably shine in this game.

[quote user="paddycanary"]The fullback positions look to be problematic at this early stage. We all hope & assume that Lewis will continue his solid progress from last year, stay fit and solve the issue on the left. Not a guarantee by any means. Husband, Stiepermann & Pinto look to be Farke''s senior back up options here, none of which inspire huge confidence defensively and will be targeted by the opposition. I think Husband should be given another chance tomorrow - good opportunity for him to gain some confidence and game time. If Pinto or Stiepermann gets the nod ahead of him, it doesn''t bode well for his future prospects here. If Lewis is available, get at least 70 minutes into his legs.

To amend by earlier post, this could be a good game to have a look at Buendia too. Lots to look forward to.[/quote]

To be fair league two is about Husbands level so he will probably shine in this game.

Definitely want to see Passlack and Buendia play. Maybe something similar to the pre-season game against Luton when Godfrey was at centreback and Thompson and Cantwell both played in midfield.

A lot depends on the match fitness of players and if certain guys need some minutes or not. Give Hernandez and Pukki rests as they have put in big shifts so far. Keep Rhodes and Krul in so they can try to work themselves into some kind of form.

Absolutely Beth, I think Pukki was superb and his energy Saturday was superb, looks like a great signing early days, but deserves a rest along with Onel, also it gives the young lads the chance to show thye are ready too.

Can''t believe I''d forgotten we had Passlack, who I''d rather give the start ahead of young Aarons, but other than that nothing changes from my previous suggestion.

Kruk, Rhodes to start, along with Hanley for me who also had a injury interrupted pre season and has also looked rusty. Zimmermann is clearly the 3rd pick cb ahead of Godfrey so get him some pitch time.

Start the right back we think will be key this season, whether that is passlack (experience) or Pinto (fitness) At left back Lewis for fitness or Husband or Pinto again based on who we are more likely tp use in future.

Krul

Passlack Hanley Zimmermann Lewis

Thompson

Cantwell Trybull McLean Buendia

Rhodes

Godfrey to get some pitch time alongside Hanley if we are winning comfortabkly

Think Farke has confirmed McGovern will start, whilst praising his professionalism. Too soon for Lewis, and Buendia is back in Spain attending the birth of his child. Sounds like Godfrey, Thompson and Cantwell etc will all get a chance, and others who’ve not had much pre season (though I don’t think we’ll be seeing Oliveira!).

Sorry, should say it doesn’t sound like those that have not had much pre season will be playing 90mins tomorrow, and also that Lewis has had a dead leg so will be assessed - Sounds like we may possibly see him come on as a sub at some point but obviously only if he’s recovered.

Interesting comments from DF. Dare I say it, perhaps Farke is (sort of) publicly acknowledging that throwing everything at Arsenal & Chelsea''s second string last year may have impacted negatively on league form. Hopefully another signal that experience gained across last season is informing current & future decisions showing his self-confidence, decisiveness & flexibility.

Or maybe he doesn''t rate Stevenage.

Shame about Buendia but his time will come. As others have said McGovern is about the only one set to start that we know of.

Would love to see Idah (sp?) and Spyrou, but think it’s too early for them.