Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

So, we don't pay the player's wages.............

As suspected I think. I am sure some FPAs can confirm whether that is or is not the case for us now the parachute payments have finished; Would be interested in the analysis lower down the leagues.

Just confirms we are there as morale support - we can go to support and encourage and make a difference or you may as well stay at home and watch on TV and leave the stadia empty. Time to be vocal.

Zim,

Conversely the fans’ importance is inversely proportionate to the League Status of the Club in question.

These figures relate to our Parachute Payment years and would reflect an entirely different reality if assessed ‘live’ today.

As the Club does worse the fans become life-or-death fundamental, as the Club ascends to the Premier League the fans’ contribution is pro rata trivial.

Parma

I had long since thought this to be the case so for me then two things stand out from this article.

Firstly that the absolute balls-up that was made of our last season in the Premier League (by manager, McNally and the board as a whole (and Simon Hooper) has cost the club an absolute bonanza.

Carrow Road would present a vastly different scenario these days had we survived. Perhaps Steven Naismith has cost us more than just his fee and his wages, although that was just one of a dismal series of second rate decisions all-round.

We cannot dwell in the past for long though. The game moves on at pace and is one reason why I disagree strongly with those on this forum who advocate/predict years of so-called ''building'' at Championship level. We want it now!

Secondly, the importance of supporter income for Championship clubs remains as vital as ever and especially for NCFC with it''s limited backing. Widening the the match day experience will maintain crowds, of that there is little doubt.

With Premier League clubs continuing to invest vast fortunes in their stadia (the new Spurs ground will be something else apparently) it is clear that the importance of the crowd, finances apart, is fully appreciated.

A game without decent visible and audible support will make for poor television and impact against viewer figures in any case.

I am hoping that the time of pay-per-view Championship games is soon to come, even for the home market and with the clubs receiving a proportionate share of the income from this.

It''s a balance, but I really cannot see that this would impact overmuch upon crowd levels as you cannot replicate the match day experience. Even the live spectator likes to see full replays of the event after they have witnessed it.

There are many, many more exiles, at home and abroad, than many realise. I, personally, would love to put more funds into the club''s coffers instead of clubs like Fulham (alas not this season) and other clubs nearer to me receiving my dues.

At this level the club will be much more reliant on ticket sales than they would in the league above.

If you were going on need alone it would make sense for Championship tickets to cost more than Premier League ones. Tough sell though.

Surely it isn''t just now that it is dawning on people that compared to 30 years ago, they are being robbed willingly by football as an industry.

It is all about the players. On one hand we have Naismith sitting pretty on his wages (theft really) and refusing to budge and on the other we have Courtois who can''t be bothered to turn up for work unless he gets his own way.

I don''t understand why people say "you can''t blame the players for getting as much as they can". I can. It is called greed. And I thought the Bosman ruling was so they could be treated like ordinary workers.

And now we have Ian Wright saying media and supporters attitude to Sterling must be racist. Because when he plays poorly for England we question why he is playing? Perhaps another £50K a week might help him get over it.

I believe if hadn''t been for the Taylor report, many grounds would not be as good as they are. Most clubs have cottoned on that if you improve the ground you can charge twice the price.

Paint four murals around some grounds and pipe noise, and some of the idiot players would still like to thank the fans for their support.

I’ve said this a few years ago, and my biggest bug up my arse is the player power and demands, even at this level is absolutely disgusting.

Normal folk will no doubt have to work well into their 60’s and probably change their career at least once during this time.

Footballers should be the same, their arguments of short careers is on which should fall on deaf ears in my opinion.

Still this just shows how hard it is to be a club of our size and try to be successful in a self sustaining model.

It’s no coincidence that most teams promoted from the championship spending power is biggest.

Sad really as I don’t think this generation of fans will ever feel the same connection to players like we had in the 70’ & early 80’s.

As they say times change, football moves on and if you don’t adapt it’s hard.

Most worrying of all is that there is little incentive to increase the capacity at football grounds. We could probably sell 40,000 tickets for Premier league games at Carrow Road and we would push close to that if we were successful in the Championship. But it won''t happen because of the financial structure of the game at the moment. Which begs the question of what happens when the current generation of season ticket holders starts to die out?

Our NCFC player salaries will eventually be covered by various other business projects, ideas and means.

Delia will be hosting fortnightly cake stalls in the club car park with her fellow board members assisting (and probably consuming) the sale of her scrumptious merchandise an'' home baked tasty goodies.

Entrepreneur and ever dutiful Neppers Tom intends organizing car-boot sale and charitable GofundMe projects - including charging small fee guided tours around NCFC squad members gaffs and motors....and the lucky fan''s possibly taking the player''s on at Fifa on their personal X-boxes.....

Yellows will be used every Thursday as a temporary player food bank, where donations of only nutritious foodstuffs like fat coke, haribo, mars & snickers, pork belly cuts, crisps, pizza, pasties, cakes and turkey twizzlers will be accepted, so as to fuel our footballers - and keep ''em in tip top form and in a fit condition....

I also heard that there''s a ''Spot the Balls'' competition in the pipeline, where our Chairman Ed goes ''incognito'' wearing a Trump MAGA baseball cap, false macho moustache and a wrestling leotard, he then secretly takes a seat in the upper or lower Barclay just before kick-off.....

A panoramic photo is then taken from the pitch of the upper and lower Barclay crowd and printed off.....At half-time in the refreshment concourses (and for just a £1.00 a photo print), the hopeful fans circle with an indelible pen where they think our Ed is sitting.....They then place their print with their personal contact details written on the reverse side and post them in a box in the refreshment concourse areas which are then collected and a winner is drawn.....

The lucky/fortunate selected print winner then gets to meet the Cha, Cha, Cha, Chairman - and receive personally presented prizes of a Trump MAGA baseball cap, a couple of signed piccies of our celebridee Chairman, one of his tasered buttocks, and another of when he was an MP and just about to lose his tasered seat....and finally, an Action Man Size doll of our Ed in a sequinned ''Strictly'' outfit...."GANGMANSTYLE!"......

"Spot the Balls" was originally called ''Where''s the Wally'' but our Ed quite rightly took umbrage and insisted on ''Spot the Balls''.....After all, he is our Chairman.....

So, we don''t pay the player''s wages.....but, we are a community club and we can certainly contribute in many other ways.....Oh yeah.....

"We could probably sell 40,000 tickets for Premier league games at Carrow Road and we would push close to that if we were successful in the Championship."

Really not sure I agree with this.

I think big games with a bigger away allocation we could potentially reach 35k in the prem but I don''t see us going beyond that.

I think about 30,000 is the biggest I''d want the stadium, barring a sudden ascent to being a top 4 regular.

Much more than that and you risk massive amounts of empty seats if you drop out of the top flight for too long.

[quote user="king canary"]"We could probably sell 40,000 tickets for Premier league games at Carrow Road and we would push close to that if we were successful in the Championship."

Really not sure I agree with this.[/quote]

In the 1970''s I regularly stood in crowds of 35,000 at Carrow Road. In the late 1960''s we brought in 42,000 for a cup tie against Leicester. Since then the population of Norfolk has more than doubled.

The club reported at the time that we could have sold in excess of 50,000 tickets for a League 1 game against Leeds United. If 40,000 people are prepared to travel to Wembley then they will pay to watch a big game at Carrow Road. Bear in mind as well that you would be able to increase the visitors allocation of tickets.

But that''s all a dream because the returns from expansion of the ground wouldn''t produce enough income and we may end up like our good friends down the road......

Football was ''consumed'' very differently in the 60''s and 70''s though. Barely any of it on TV and cheap standing tickets.

Big games are few and far between and I think that for some the novelty of seeing Man U or Liverpool wears off after a couple of seasons.

It wasn''t that long ago we couldn''t sell out a 21,000 seater stadium.

There is no way the club will increase capacity while selling 22K season tickets.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I think this proves that the ''£20 is plenty'' group are right !
[/quote]
No, it proves the exact opposite
That the price is adjusted to fit the demand
As in trains, planes, food, hotels, concerts, holidays ...........

So no ability to construct an argument
just the usual
bleating out a slogan
plus ca change...

the prices are what the market will bear
if you don''t think the price is worth it don''t pay
it is as simple as that

It''s called you not being able, yet again, to formulate anything that resembles an argument.

The twenty is plenty arguement is a Premier League discussion only. Outside the top flight it’s all about maximising income in anyway possible so as long as demand is consistently high there will never be a case for reducing tickets to that level for games at Carrow Road. If you read any of the Swiss Ramble blog or his tweets you realise how good the club is at generating commercial revenue, for the last set of published accounts we had the second highest commercial revenue and overall income (excluding parachute payments) of all the club’s in the league.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Go over to the ''Away tickets'' thread that''s where you can argue about keeping high prices
[/quote]
prices are not high
they are what the market will bear
hence the different categorisations for games in the Championship
different prices for different age groups
it is called supply and demand, so stop being an idiot
...... for once