Sign in to follow this  
STFU

Maddison’s Premiership Debut

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 10/08/2018 7:55 PM:

It’s on sky 1 so f you have the basic sky package then you can watch it there
👍

Carries on in the Prem from where he left off in the Championship.
Always said we should have got more for him😄

Very promising start for the lad. He doesn''t look out of place and his confidence is so high that he wants to be involved in everything.

Class player. Already looks at home in the PL.

Also getting me some early points in the fantasy football. An assist or goal would be nice, come on Madders.

Maddison in my opinion is the best player we have had a city for years and I didn''t want him to leave, But can this love in for him stop he''s not our player OTBC 😀

"But can this love in for him stop he''s not our player OTBC "

No it cannot. We like the boy and are interested in him doing well at the higher level..

Also, single-handedly the proceeds from his talent has made the club financially secure for the immediate future and in particular giving us some hope of success for this current season.

Btw. I think you''ll find that none of us actually "love" him.

He didnt pace himself, understandable in his first game, but he was all over the park in the first half. Maybe something for him to learn as he progresses in the Prem
Im thankfull to him for making the Prem a bit more interetsing.

Could have / should have scored, and I''m sure Leicester supporters will consider that a very promising debut.

Was 50/50 to start the game as still carrying a knock.

Nice start and will kick on from that. Should be good if he and vardy can sync.

Zimmers Left Foot wrote the following post at 10/08/2018 10:35 PM:

Was 50/50 to start the game as still carrying a knock.
Didnt realise that, he did look to be limping a bit before he came off.

Fair play in people getting excited about someone who was great for us but has been sold to a club we use to be on par with... absolutely bizarre in my book. Oh well...

I’m sure as the season progresses and he gets into his stride, then Leicester supporters will soon be wetting themselves - and rightly so. He’s a fantastically naturally gifted footballer, albeit still learning his trade, and barring major injury will go to the very top without doubt. On a personal level for us Canaries, he still thinks the world of us according to comments I heard from some Leicester fans tonight. Nice to hear, I wish him all the best.

[quote user="Mike "]Fair play in people getting excited about someone who was great for us but has been sold to a club we use to be on par with... absolutely bizarre in my book. Oh well...[/quote]

Used to be, until they won the premier league. That’s more to them stepping up than us stepping down tbh.

And I’m excited for Maddison, as a former player, an England hopeful, and financially for our club. I’m sure we put a sell-on clause in his sale. So if he carries on his sprint to the top, we’ll be looking at some more money coming our way.