Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

It can only be a view because we won''t know until it happens Tilly. Nobody can argue with a view until that time.

My view is that Brighton will go the same way as all the other sticks because their model is unsustainable.

We shall see who is right in due time.

Your view on Tony Xia and Villa only held water for four months though...

Hindsight is an exact science as Neil Doomcaster used to say at SCG meetings. Who do you think will finish higher this season then City or Villa ?

Dicky, that''s just another attack on me and doesn''t begin to address the issue over which you called me unreasonable. In fact you''re having some ridiculous debate with me where you''re posting both views.

[quote user="Dicky"]Football is not like any other business - it may be legally (majority) owned by Delia.MWJ, but if they feel that this gives them the right to run the club to suit their personal wants, I will strongly oppose this.[/quote]Now, that''s an interesting comment Dicky.
It begs the question......
What will you actually do?

You buy a large piece of white cardboard and a thick black felt pen.

You scrawl some very derogatory remarks on it concerning Wynnie''s parentage and then proceed to stand outside Archant main reception for as many days as it takes for the SS to go.

Well Lappin, when I questioned a load of Delia-Out supporters on one of the Norwich Facebook Groups, it turns out they''d do nothing about it other than maybe or maybe not go to some games or less games than they would normally go to.

Dicky "Football is not like any other business - it may be legally (majority) owned by Delia.MWJ, but if they feel that this gives them the right to run the club to suit their personal wants, I will strongly oppose this."

So should a billionaire come in and treat it as a play thing, throwing millions at players (as you and many others seem to want), would you object to them running the club to suit their personal wants?

So, anyone on here confident that we will be chasing for promotion, seeing as we can’t hokd on to Madders/Pritchard/MurphyX2 and Gunny and Reed aren’t coming back? Seems the current business model is not great for holding on to quality players.

[quote user="lappinitup"]
[quote user="Dicky"]Football is not like any other business - it may be legally (majority) owned by Delia.MWJ, but if they feel that this gives them the right to run the club to suit their personal wants, I will strongly oppose this.[/quote]Now, that''s an interesting comment Dicky.
It begs the question......
What will you actually do?[/quote]You didn''t answer my question Dicky, what will you actually do to oppose it?

You may need new batteries in your hearing aid old fellow, as I can hear tiny feet stamping on the floor

[quote user="Big Vince"]You buy a large piece of white cardboard and a thick black felt pen.

You scrawl some very derogatory remarks on it concerning Wynnie''s parentage and then proceed to stand outside Archant main reception for as many days as it takes for the SS to go.[/quote]
Now Vinnie! I think I know enough about you to know you''re a long standing City fan who passionately believes in your views on D & M and you''re prepared to say it out loud. However, I don''t think even you would go as far as you suggest in the above quote. [:D]

Before we move on Dicky can you address whose posts were unreasonable. Your deliberate attempts to rewrite history by deliberately mis quoting David McNally to attack the owners for something they hadn''t done? or mine pointing it out?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Here''s Alan Bowkett''s in 2013 : -
"Internal debt to the directors is around £2.1m, and we will be budgeting to eradicate that in this current financial year - and I don''t think there are many football clubs in the Premier League who could have a balance sheet like that," said Bowkett, who was quick to pay tribute to the role of majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones as well as deputy chairman Michael Foulger, each of them having committed significant personal investment to help keep the Norfolk club afloat when just a few years ago it languished in League One and stood on the brink of administration.
Now as it happened we were relegated in that "current financial year" so the directors managed to avoid having the interest free loans paid back committing to invest everything in an attempt to return to the PL. This was achieved and then Bowkett had his wish that the directors loans were paid back. At no point in time was it even suggested the directors had asked to be repaid even though the loans were "payable on demand".
[/quote]
Thanks to nutty''s research the situation looks pretty clear now. The decision to repay Smith and Jones (and Foulger) was made while Bowkett was chairman and McNally was CEO and in effect the football director, and was approved by others, but was put off for two or three years, until the time was deemed financially right.The obvious implication from McNally''s Saturday night tweet, that S&J and Foulger took their money even though that would damage that summer transfer budget, really does not seem to stand up. If S&J and Foulger had been content not to be repaid back in 2013, for footballing/financial reasons, why would they suddenly demand the money a few years later if the footballing/financial circumstances again meant they should not?And McNally''s tweeted claim as to why that summer transfer window went badly - no cash because S&J had taken it - is contradicted by his own detailed on-the-record explanation given that season (we had the cash but couldn''t close deals for unrelated reasons) and by some of our winter dealings, in which we spent around 20m.

I Am sure that the loan Repaying did not upset the transfer window Bowkett saw we had enough money at the time and repaid what was owed thats fine

what concerns / annoys me as owners and board instead of taking the money it should of been used to upgrade the training ground / Colney

yes it was a loan and yes they were with in their right to take it but to take it then in a few years ask the fans to invest in upgrading the training ground

if you own a company / Major Sharholder sometimes you have to dig in your own pocket this is were Delia lets herself down for me

Thats not the point Dicky, or David McNally were making Norfolk.

Your view that the money should have been invested in Colney was not the view at the time of the shareholders or those charged with running the football club. Or I suspect even you. I''d suggest it''s something you''ve made up here and now after Dicky''s vindictive allegation against Smith and Jones has been shown up as ridiculous.

So what percentage of their wealth would you have Smith & Jones put into the club? How much of their money would satisfy you?

Getting back to Bowkett; if you know what happened Tilly and your source is 100% trustworthy, then there is absolutely no issue with posting the events surrounding his departure because they are true.

Tell them all about the battle of the boardroom at Watford. It’s brilliant.

TIL 1010. You could just post a story with completely different names and locations. I’ll start you off.

Once upon a time at the village recreation ground, village board member Nigel said....

Thats not the point Dicky, or David McNally were making Norfolk.

Your view that the money should have been invested in Colney was not the view at the time of the shareholders or those charged with running the football club. Or I suspect even you. I''d suggest it''s something you''ve made up here and now after Dicky''s vindictive allegation against Smith and Jones has been shown up as ridiculous.

So what percentage of their wealth would you have Smith & Jones put into the club? How much of their money would satisfy you?

Nutty we will never agree on this but here goes !

lets just say you buy a share in a club for 10 million ( example ) and then over the years your share becomes worth say 40 /50 million ( guess for example )

you or your family if ever they sold your shares would gain say 30 million on your investment

do you not think it is a bit of a cheek to ask others to help out even though you and your family have wealth already

You can not have your cake and eat it

Delia and MWJ have done very well out of owning the club sometimes you have to invest some of your gains

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Thats not the point Dicky, or David McNally were making Norfolk.

Nutty we will never agree on this but here goes !

lets just say you buy a share in a club for 10 million ( example ) and then over the years your share becomes worth say 40 /50 million ( guess for example )

you or your family if ever they sold your shares would gain say 30 million on your investment

do you not think it is a bit of a cheek to ask others to help out even though you and your family have wealth already

You can not have your cake and eat it

Delia and MWJ have done very well out of owning the club sometimes you have to invest some of your gains[/quote]
You didn''t answer Norfolk. You just put forward a scenario of ''what ifs''. Never mind "what ifs" and "say this happened". We''re talking about real people and their money. 
What ''gains'' have Smith and Jones made and what percentage of their wealth would satisfy you?

[quote user="JF"]TIL 1010. You could just post a story with completely different names and locations. I’ll start you off.

Once upon a time at the village recreation ground, village board member Nigel said....[/quote]
I''ll go...
Cuthbert said that Bartholomew had resigned in order to spend more time with his family. 

the gains are the worth of their shares nutty

as for Percentage hard to say to be honest as i do not know exact worth

but if you can not afford to be a owner / major share holder you should maybe sell to someone who can

[quote user="norfolkngood"]the gains are the worth of their shares nutty

as for Percentage hard to say to be honest as i do not know exact worth

but if you can not afford to be a owner / major share holder you should maybe sell to someone who can[/quote]
Their shares are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. They have no other value.
Make me an offer for mine?
Now we establish there have been no gains where are we going next?

Nutty come on you think if their shares went on the open market there would be no gains ? no profit ?

you honestly believe that

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Nutty come on you think if their shares went on the open market there would be no gains ? no profit ?

you honestly believe that[/quote]
What open market?
Make me an offer for mine?

Nutty if Delia said tomorrow she was open to / wanted to sell her shares in the club you do not think she would get any offers ?

all these clubs up and down the country get taken over / sold

i am sure if major amount of shares were for sale you would get offers

as for your shares that is not the question we are talking people who run the club and effect it your shares are not the same due to the amount of shares needed

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Delia and MWJ have done very well out of owning the club sometimes you have to invest some of your gains[/quote]
The shares have increased in value but how do you invest that increase? [^o)]

Back again to the ifs and buts Norfolk. Do you think our owners have received offers for their shares and turned them down?

I''m really patient. What percentage of their wealth would satisfy you?

nutty they have not put them up for sale you can not but something that''s not for sale

as for percentage of their wealth that''s a question nobody can answer how much of their wealth have they invested already ?

i would say if they have invested 10 % they should invest 20 % but how do you know what % they have invested nobody knows that answer i am patient to