Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

Mike, you seem to have a weird idea of just what a non executive director would be responsible for. Appointing scouts etc would come under the remit of the CEO. Don''t really see Delia, or Roman Abramovic, Marcus Evans etc appoint their coaching staff.

How many of our ''minimal impacts'' and who we are still paying their salaries, are still on NCFC''s books?......

Probably more than money recouped from the sale of the ''ineffective'' Canos....

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Mike, you seem to have a weird idea of just what a non executive director would be responsible for. Appointing scouts etc would come under the remit of the CEO. Don''t really see Delia, or Roman Abramovic, Marcus Evans etc appoint their coaching staff.[/quote]

So the owners don''t appoint people or over see progress? The owners of a business are 100% in control, responsible, call the shots, set the budgets etc etc

Mike, who are "their biggest fans who have no constraints on attacking verbally anyone with a different view"?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]We got our money back on Canos, who has had minimal impact at Brentford[/quote]

Norwich paid £2.7m Brentford £2.6 according to transfer market. And remember we will be getting that in installments

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Mike, who are "their biggest fans who have no constraints on attacking verbally anyone with a different view"?[/quote]

If you look at the posts it''s pretty obvious but to start you off... Mr Benn.

I just think that we should, as City fans debate or at the very least, put our views across without the usual binmen type silly attacks... Just a thought.

And for the record, nothing would give me more pleasurable than a successful season future under the current owners... Just see nothing to show why I should expect this... Maybe it''s the depression of watching the national news report on us selling our best player... I know I am weird..

So Mr Benn is "their biggest fans"?

I hardly think that''s likely...

I think you''ve just fitted him up. Where as me....

“Norwich paid £2.7m Brentford £2.6 according to transfer market. And remember we will be getting that in instalments”

Ok so we lost £100 grand, the bit about instalments is a bit pointless really, when we buy players we pay that way too

Who doesn’t love a Z list celebrity? I know I do

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“Norwich paid £2.7m Brentford £2.6 according to transfer market. And remember we will be getting that in instalments”

Ok so we lost £100 grand, the bit about instalments is a bit pointless really, when we buy players we pay that way too[/quote]

I agree hence why I was taking the Mikey out of all the pink un articles about us not having money to spend as it comes in in installments... Michael Bailey can not write an article without mentioning installments

The Scouts we have had been good , i Know one or two and like they have said all along they have a list of targets but it is up to the manager who he signs

example you say you want a left back i say Luke Shaw and Danny rose you say no i fancy that bloke from France who i saw in the world cup and he turns out to flop thats not the Scouts fault

The last time we were successful without he benefit of Premier League money was 10/11 and even then the Championship was a different environment financially.

To the people being nostalgic about Leicester etc - my whole point and that of the Brighton chairman is that football has moved on massively, we have not and under current ownership we will continue to fall back and back. We will not compete where we should without some investment, I think that is the crux of it and with Delia and MWJ taking money OUT of the club (as stated by McNally last week), the message is clear. I do want my club to be able to compete at a good level, attract players (would Maddison come to Norwich now? Not a chance) and give us some hope along the way, but with Madders, Pritchard, Murphys, Reed, Gunn all gone, the quality in the team is massively reduced. As a supporter, it is your right to be happy with that but not for me thanks. And, if you look back on my posts, I am generally an optimist and pro board kind of person, but reached the point where I just don''t think it''s working any more.

Well yes King but kind of pointless saying that because this is about to be our first season since 10/11 without prem Money!

Might as well have said ''last time we were successful without the benefit of prem money was the last time we didn''t have prem money''

Correct me if I''m wrong but didn''t McNally say directors loans had been repaid? Of course that could have been Delia and Michael. However McNally didn''t specify.

As for this Brighton chairman. He''s not likely to say self funding can be successful after spending what he has. That doesn''t mean he''s wrong of course. But my life experiences have taught me not to believe people just because they have more money than me.

This current trend of worshipping other people''s money does not bode well for our society in years to come.

[quote user="Dicky"]To the people being nostalgic about Leicester etc - my whole point and that of the Brighton chairman is that football has moved on massively, we have not and under current ownership we will continue to fall back and back. We will not compete where we should without some investment, I think that is the crux of it and with Delia and MWJ taking money OUT of the club (as stated by McNally last week), the message is clear. I do want my club to be able to compete at a good level, attract players (would Maddison come to Norwich now? Not a chance) and give us some hope along the way, but with Madders, Pritchard, Murphys, Reed, Gunn all gone, the quality in the team is massively reduced. As a supporter, it is your right to be happy with that but not for me thanks. And, if you look back on my posts, I am generally an optimist and pro board kind of person, but reached the point where I just don''t think it''s working any more.[/quote]
The money given back to DS and MJW was a debt owed by the club to them - a loan they had given the club (interest free too).  The plan is to be debt free, so that was part of the procedure to be debt free. 

I''m generally optimistic too and although it is a shame to lose the players you mention, I have to think that we will be getting players in that will redress the balance.  A couple of decent loans will help, a couple of young players to come through, a couple of players bought in and things will look different.  We already have McLean and Buendia in, who was something of a coup by all accounts.  
I believe the club is attractive to young players and also to PL clubs who may want to loan out players to a good footballing club. We have a good reputation and the Maddison effect will have helped enormously as we are seen to be bringing on players.  The Murhys too - and Reed loved it.  We are still in a great position to compete, or will be once the squad is back to full numbers.

i do not like loans in a few season we will look back saying we spent money on loaning players with nothing to show for it no assets

they are ok if you are pushing to go up but if you are middle table like us last season we should give our own players game time

self funding model we should be putting our players in the shop window not training up a troubled youth player from spurs

We could be a bit clandestine and sell the loans, make a few quid and hope that the parent (loaning) club don''t realise?......

I mean, I''ve just sold the nice house I''ve been living in.....I actually got a very good price for it.......and the council and housing association and authorities, still haven''t caught up with me......yet......

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i do not like loans in a few season we will look back saying we spent money on loaning players with nothing to show for it no assets

they are ok if you are pushing to go up but if you are middle table like us last season we should give our own players game time

self funding model we should be putting our players in the shop window not training up a troubled youth player from spurs[/quote]
???  The plan is surely that we will be pushing to go up and a couple of quality loans will help that.  We''re not talking of a Roeder style mass incoming loan players, just one or two.   There is no written rule that we will be mid or lower championship next season, so why not aim high? 
The Spurs loan was I am sure part of a dialogue the club will be having to get further possible loans from them in the future. They must like us, after all, they gave us Harry Kane for a while and look what happened to him..... [;)]

To ignore the loan market would be insane norfolkngood - Fulham wouldn''t be in the Prem right now without loans.

Re Brighton ChairFrom what I know of him, he is genuine and a "good guy." A lifelong fan and has a foundation which supports local and national charities.I''d be very happy if we had a Norwich equivalent of him involved in the club, but they are few and far between. He is more of a "patron" than an investor and it is a crucial difference. "Investors" wish to make a profit from the involvement, but given FFP rules and the competitiveness of the Championship, many are finding this difficult, which leaves clubs in very vulnerable positions, particularly if there is a financial downturn and cash flow becomes tight. Many "investors" secure their loans against the clubs assets and do things like separate the ownership of the ground from the club through different holding companies. It might not seem significant but they do it for a reason...!

[quote user="Dicky"]To the people being nostalgic about Leicester etc - my whole point and that of the Brighton chairman is that football has moved on massively, we have not and under current ownership we will continue to fall back and back. We will not compete where we should without some investment, I think that is the crux of it and with Delia and MWJ taking money OUT of the club (as stated by McNally last week), the message is clear. I do want my club to be able to compete at a good level, attract players (would Maddison come to Norwich now? Not a chance) and give us some hope along the way, but with Madders, Pritchard, Murphys, Reed, Gunn all gone, the quality in the team is massively reduced. As a supporter, it is your right to be happy with that but not for me thanks. And, if you look back on my posts, I am generally an optimist and pro board kind of person, but reached the point where I just don''t think it''s working any more.[/quote]
They were only taking out money they had loaned, interest-free, years ago when the club really needed it. And my memory, which I seem not to be able to confirm, but I think correct, is that they didn''t want to be repaid and had the money effectively forced on them by the other directors.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
They were only taking out money they had loaned, interest-free, years ago when the club really needed it. And my memory, which I seem not to be able to confirm, but I think correct, is that they didn''t want to be repaid and had the money effectively forced on them by the other directors.
[/quote] Forced on them? You sure? Why would the club do that and they wouldn''t have to accept.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote]
Purple are you getting confused with the £90K forced upon Ed Balls by the other directors when he stood in as CEO for 3 months ?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote] Forced on them? You sure? Why would the club do that and they wouldn''t have to accept.[/quote]
I said I am not absolutely sure about this, but I believe that is what happened. I would not have posted otherwise. As to why the other directors would press S&J to take the last bit of debt owed to them (about £1.5m), you would have to ask them, bearing in mind Foulger was also paid off (about half a million), and with him it may also have been the wish of the others.It could have been in effect an expression of thanks, or to do with clearing the last remaining debt to tidy the books up as part of the move towards the time when S&J are no longer the owners. Of course S&J, and Foulger, could have refused, but then again if the argument for them to be paid off was soundly based, in terms of the club''s future, then that might have been decisive.I cannot say who the other directors were at the particular time, since there were several boardroom changes in that financial year.time, apart from Phillips, who was a constant, and Foulger. Bowkett, Fry and McNally stepped down during the year and Balls and Tom Smith arrived. One would need to know, which I don''t. just when the decision to repay was made to work out who was on the board then.

Ten years on......It''s still on YouTube.....interesting.....just type in......

"Delia Smith talks football on Simon Mayo - BBC Radio 5 Live."

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote]
Purple are you getting confused with the £90K forced upon Ed Balls by the other directors when he stood in as CEO for 3 months ?
[/quote]A fair question, but no.

Ten years on......It''s still on YouTube.....interesting.....just type in......

"Delia Smith talks football on Simon Mayo - BBC Radio 5 Live."

Oops......thought my post had disappeared into cyberspace.....?