Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

[quote user="ridgeman"]My sort the sort that have been going since the late fifties regularly. The sort that saw the blankets being taken round to keep the club afloat. Don''t dig out supporters whilst supporting those running the club. It was Webber who said if supporters didn''t like it they could go elsewhere not me. Huddersfield don''t seem to have missed him in fact they closed their academy after he left.[/quote]

I won''t worry about Mr Benn... he seems quite angry so I would ignore him when he has a go... we have all had it... see it as a badge of honour

[quote user="Mike "]

Delia & Michael paid themselves back in full on the "investments / loans" they made so it''s happening already[/quote]So that''s ok then? You don''t expect any new owner to put in any of their own money? So what''s the difference? [:^)]

Just thought I''d look in and see if you lot had cheered up any. Obviously not. Wasnt going to post until I read about the Leicester game in 2011. Great memories. But if you could just stretch that old memory back 18 months further you would remember putting your parts on about our owners. How there was no future. How those selfish owners needed to sell to someone like Evans or Mandaric so we could be like the clubs you covered at that time. pL clubs like portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Blackburn even Blackpool. In 2011 when you all got happy again I couldn''t help thinking how it wasn''t "What you wanted for your club". But I guess it didn''t mean as much to you as it did to those who''d stuck with it. And then at Wembley in 2015 how much joy did you get from a result which matched the "minimum of your expectations". Money appears to be King for many on this thread. Other people''s money at that.. I wonder if the other people''s money would have delivered that night at Leicester and all that followed..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Just thought I''d look in and see if you lot had cheered up any. Obviously not. Wasnt going to post until I read about the Leicester game in 2011. Great memories. But if you could just stretch that old memory back 18 months further you would remember putting your parts on about our owners. How there was no future. How those selfish owners needed to sell to someone like Evans or Mandaric so we could be like the clubs you covered at that time. pL clubs like portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Blackburn even Blackpool. In 2011 when you all got happy again I couldn''t help thinking how it wasn''t "What you wanted for your club". But I guess it didn''t mean as much to you as it did to those who''d stuck with it. And then at Wembley in 2015 how much joy did you get from a result which matched the "minimum of your expectations". Money appears to be King for many on this thread. Other people''s money at that.. I wonder if the other people''s money would have delivered that night at Leicester and all that followed..[/quote]
[Y][:D]

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Mike "]

Delia & Michael paid themselves back in full on the "investments / loans" they made so it''s happening already[/quote]So that''s ok then? You don''t expect any new owner to put in any of their own money? So what''s the difference? [:^)]

[/quote]

I''d expect the new owner to do it and build a successful side before thinking of repaying himself (like when he / she sold it on for a higher price). I certainly would not expect them to do it when we are cutting back or have no working capital... Ps See Fulham etc.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Just thought I''d look in and see if you lot had cheered up any. Obviously not. Wasnt going to post until I read about the Leicester game in 2011. Great memories. But if you could just stretch that old memory back 18 months further you would remember putting your parts on about our owners. How there was no future. How those selfish owners needed to sell to someone like Evans or Mandaric so we could be like the clubs you covered at that time. pL clubs like portsmouth, Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Blackburn even Blackpool. In 2011 when you all got happy again I couldn''t help thinking how it wasn''t "What you wanted for your club". But I guess it didn''t mean as much to you as it did to those who''d stuck with it. And then at Wembley in 2015 how much joy did you get from a result which matched the "minimum of your expectations". Money appears to be King for many on this thread. Other people''s money at that.. I wonder if the other people''s money would have delivered that night at Leicester and all that followed..[/quote]
[Y][:D]
[/quote]

We had that night, their owners delivered them a whole season... funny old world.

I really hope your support of a cash strapped ownership selling our key talented players to fund more seasons of zero investment works... I really really do. And I will hold my hands up if it happens, as I am sure you will if next season is as flat as the last... interesting times

[quote user="Mike "][quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Mike "]

[/quote]

I''d expect the new owner to do it and build a successful side before thinking of repaying himself (like when he / she sold it on for a higher price). I certainly would not expect them to do it when we are cutting back or have no working capital... Ps See Fulham etc.[/quote]
And as a matter of interest, as it were, if this new owner wasn''t terribly successful, despite lending loads of money, and wanted repaying when there was no money available to do that, and/or tried to sell the club but failed to find a buyer who was willing either to pay off the first new owner''s debt or take it on himself? See various such cases.

[quote user="Mike "]I''d expect the new owner to do it and build a successful side before thinking of repaying himself (like when he / she sold it on for a higher price). I certainly would not expect them to do it when we are cutting back or have no working capital... Ps See Fulham etc.[/quote]I think when you say "expect" you mean "hope."How

would you ensure that you find an investor who fulfils this criterion and honours it?

You still don''t get it. It''s not about holding hands up or being right. Cast your mind back to 2009. Who did you want to be? Where are they now? Once you''ve got your rich benefactor you''re stuck with them. You love to pontificate about the real world but that''s the real world. Just moving seamlessly coveting whatever club is doing better at any given time is not the real world. It''s more like cloud cuckoo land.

Yes there are various cases but the scenario you quote is one of an owner selling all the best talent .. same as this one.

Not all new ownership with money is successful but no model as is now in place at Norwich has been... also all the promoted teams and the play off sides have proven you need cash to compete. It''s the real world.

I also do not like our current owners because I think they have messed up time & time again.. its just not a straight cash issue. The Times interview was the last straw for me...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You still don''t get it. It''s not about holding hands up or being right. Cast your mind back to 2009. Who did you want to be? Where are they now? Once you''ve got your rich benefactor you''re stuck with them. You love to pontificate about the real world but that''s the real world. Just moving seamlessly coveting whatever club is doing better at any given time is not the real world. It''s more like cloud cuckoo land.[/quote]

Actually it''s you who does not get it.

We are stuck with an owner that offers nothing...

2009? I have always wanted want is best for the club and that maybe not be a super rich owner but at least one who is competent. Delia & co have made far too many mistakes & it''s run like a private members club. Time for a change.

Anyway have a lovely afternoon OTBC.

Surely Norwich have been successful under this ownership model. Or doesn''t it count if it''s Norwich?

If there''s nothing you like about our club as it is now then craving a new owner is a no brainer for you. You have nothing to lose.

BTW Mike - I checked the details on Fulham''s owner. After having spent 13 consecutive years in the Premier League, they were relegated when he took over. He has then spent 4 years getting them promoted and their debts to his holding company stood at £152 million at the end of the 16-17 financial year, leaving them very vulnerable financially.It is a very risky and expensive way to get a club to a lower position than that which he inherited.

([:-*] [:-*] + I know it annoys some when I say it, but we are less likely to find a billionaire owner than a club in trendy West London)

[quote user="Mike "]Yes there are various cases but the scenario you quote is one of an owner selling all the best talent .. same as this one.

Not all new ownership with money is successful but no model as is now in place at Norwich has been... also all the promoted teams and the play off sides have proven you need cash to compete. It''s the real world.

I also do not like our current owners because I think they have messed up time & time again.. its just not a straight cash issue. The Times interview was the last straw for me...[/quote]
Not the scenario I painted at all. You can be a rich owner and keep all your best players and still fail.

I think the big difference from now and the passed is everytime Norwich have sold a player in seasons before the cost cutting they have spent maybe half the fee on a replacement

we always have sold but have spent good money replacing that player now we sell getting close to 35 million plus in a few weeks but still looking at free''s and cheaper players , gone are the days where we would replace Maddison with a 5 / 10 million pound player

I checked... he owns a premiership club its worth double ours and his fans are very very very happy.

If he sold he would make a profit and the club would be better off...

Running a debt free business that relies on selling before it buys when most of our competitors don''t, IMO will see us drop further down the leagues.

But this is dull as we will not agree, I am sick of the usual Delia rubbish and I am sure you are sick of our investment posts....

Sad day for a great club and its fans to lose a once in lifetime player... its way I goo to see the best players in the NCFC shirt.

Isnt it the Fulham owner that’s trying to buy Wembley for £1 billion?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="Mike "]Yes there are various cases but the scenario you quote is one of an owner selling all the best talent .. same as this one.

I also do not like our current owners because I think they have messed up time & time again.. its just not a straight cash issue. The Times interview was the last straw for me...[/quote]
Not the scenario I painted at all. You can be a rich owner and keep all your best players and still fail.
[/quote]

Never said that was not the case.

However, a good owner with investment will definitely beat bad owners with zero investment.

Lack of progress with the infrastructure, failure to listen to other potentially better owners, putting shares into a trust thus ensuring it is more difficult to get investment in the future, appalling scouting and recruitment of players (Maddison aside), a lack of footballing knowledge when knowing when a manager is best put out of his misery, the Ed Balls and Moxey complete waste of money.... they need to let someone else have a go.. no investment. Lowest league position in my life time.

They did step in to help in the bad old days, they started well and improved the club and its relationship with supporters, Cardiff and Wembley, appointing McNally / Bowkett but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

[quote user="JF"]Isnt it the Fulham owner that’s trying to buy Wembley for £1 billion?[/quote]

Fear for Fulham 😁

[quote user="JF"]Isnt it the Fulham owner that’s trying to buy Wembley for £1 billion?[/quote]

Fear for Fulham 😁

Fear for Fulham 😁

Yes it is him

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11348440/wembley-sale-is-shahid-khans-offer-to-buy-national-stadium-good-for-english-football

Mike: “appalling scouting and recruitment of players (Maddison aside)“

Really? Every player we’ve recruited apart from Maddison has been “appalling”? It doesn’t help your cause if you come out with b******s like this.

Fear for Fulham

Alex Neil pointed to us having an appalling scouting system...article from 2017...The board have also managed to escape criticism for a consistently poor scouting and recruitment network for an obscene amount of time. Record signings Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Steven Naismith, each signed during top tier spells, were major flops. The duo scored a combined total of two goals in 38 appearances; one goal each. Unfortunately, this pair aren''t the only examples of poor business the club has made. That illustrious list of miserable signings includes Jonas Gutierrez, Ignasi Miquel, Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe, Jos Hooiveld, Andre Wisdom, Patrick Bamford and, most recently, Sergi Canos. Signed from Liverpool in the summer, Canos was sold to Brentford at a loss in January, putting a shameful and embarrassing six-month saga to a pitiful end.

I admit to not every player but it''s doesn''t help you case to bury your head in the sand...

Last year no one was a great success (Hanley aside)... Trybull was closest but needs to prove he can do a full season, Leitner (if he signs) still has loads to prove. Zimmerman was ok. The rest very average at best... the one that cost money Hanley was the best of.the lot.

Under the current board the scouting for the majority of the time has not been fit for purpose.. what''s b#llsh#t is the cult that seems to have grown up around our major share holders.. I would never get abuse or personal with them but their biggest fans have no constraints on attacking verbally anyone with a different view.

(Whisper [:-*] Whisper [:-*] + I know it annoys some when I say it, but we are less likely to find a billionaire owner than a club in trendy West London)

Did not stop Wolves, Leicester, Cardiff... Ps Norwich is 1.5 hours from London not Mogadishu