Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

On 14/05/2019 at 22:33, Mr Angry said:

I’m not a little thicky 

I’m Billericay Dicky

And I’m doing very well

😄

No reasons for Dicky to be cheerful on this thread now.

• Haha 1

On 15/05/2019 at 13:14, A Load of Squit said:

Brighton did spend some serious money but they failed to attract good players/prospects.

Norwich didn't spend serious money but did attract good players/prospects.

Being rich isn't the same as being wise.

Viv Nicholson would've attested to that.

Or Michael Carroll for the younger viewers.

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Fair play. My concern with the "self funding" model has always been that it decreased our chances of competing at the top of the division in the long term because it meant we had to do everything exceptionally well in order to compete with those with bigger and better financial resources. The last 18 months we have done everything exceptionally well. 

I still have my doubts about our competitiveness longer term had we stayed down this year but that is now a "what if" and the fresh injection of capital from the next stint in the premier league should see us good for several years, particularly if we can stay up for a while and do not go crazy with the spending.

I have never had anything personal against Delia and MWJ, I did, however, think that their intransigent approach to considering new ownership/investment would cost us. Thankfully I was wrong, at least in the short term anyway.

Its a case of so far so good but you have to continually be that bit smarter than everybody else to make it work and nobody can guarantee that we will lead the pack forever. What it won't do is break the cyclical nature of NCFC's fortunes. In any event where would the fun be if we didn't have all those ups and downs?

Anyone who thinks we are now long term Premier League members needs to study history. I would like to think we can make it work for quite a few seasons but It will last as long as it lasts and I am determined to enjoy every minute. With City top, 1p5wich bottom and Leeds missing out it has been as near a perfect season as anyone could ask for but I'm old enough and have seen enough to know that there will be a turn of the wheel somewhere down the line.

50 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Anyone who thinks we are now long term Premier League members needs to study history. I would like to think we can make it work for quite a few seasons but It will last as long as it lasts and I am determined to enjoy every minute. With City top, 1p5wich bottom and Leeds missing out it has been as near a perfect season as anyone could ask for but I'm old enough and have seen enough to know that there will be a turn of the wheel somewhere down the line.

Surely that's the same for all promoted clubs regardless of owners wealth?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely that's the same for all promoted clubs regardless of owners wealth?

True.

These are the consecutive seasons in the top flight....

Arsenal 93

Everton 65

Liverpool 57

Man Utd 44

Tottenham 41

Chelsea 30

Man City 17

--------------------

Southampton 7

West Ham 7

Palace 7

Leicester 5

Bournemouth 4

Watford 4

Burnley 3

Newcastle 2

Brighton 2

Huddersfield 2

Wolves 1

Cardiff 1

Fulham 1

Only eight teams can claim any form of permanence, the rest of us gradually recycle over time. 

52 minutes ago, ricardo said:

.....but I'm old enough and have seen enough to know that there will be a turn of the wheel somewhere down the line.

twtd circa 2003

Just now, Bill said:

twtd circa 2003

The wheel turns slower for some than others😀