Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="Dicky"]Can you imagine the quality of what we will have next year.[/quote]
Next season will bring about some changes of course, we will lose more of the big contracts off the books, maybe sell one or two and buy one or two in, but not the number of changes we have seen the last two close seasons.   Our financial model will be more secure as a result of balancing the books, which will mean there will be no pressure to sell beyond what we want to sell.
The good players that we have that stay next season - and most of them will - will be the springboard for another assault on the league (unless we get promoted) and we will be able to attract one or two quality young loanees because the club has such a good reputation for bringing on players - and we will be as healthy in the league as we are this season - and we do have a good squad which will prove itself this season as it settes down.  We''ve only had three games and a lot of new players in - a whole new front line to start with.
Frustrated we all are at the start we''ve had, but it will improve, so no need to throw everything away just because of a little temporary hardship.
[/quote]

I think deluded is the best word I can think of

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Can’t anybody say anything disparaging about the owners, without being hounded in packs by the Delia fans?[/quote]

The Deliaistas are out in force.... Times change but some people don''t. It worked in the past, bound to work again (even though most other clubs of our level have progressive owners).

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Can’t anybody say anything disparaging about the owners, without being hounded in packs by the Delia fans?[/quote]
I don''t see it that way Hoola. In fact yesterday you were suggesting that fans of a different view to you weren''t even proper fans at all and that they supported the owners rather than the club. I found that both arrogant and offensive.
It''s a topic that''s worth discussion. If you want to say something disparaging about the owners without any response then a discussion forum is not the ideal place. Go outside and shout it to the moon or something[S]

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Top stuff Dicky.

Just to help me make up my mind could you tell me why you were happy and even actively defended the self funding model for over 20 years?[/quote]

It wasn''t self funding - we had debts. We speculated a bit which largely paid off. We even had a little bit of new funding when Delia and Co came in, rather than taking money out of the club (owed or not) as has been the case recently according to McNally[/quote]
I can''t believe you posted that Dicky. It was worse than the current model because the self funding had to service the debt before it funded anything else. Instead of calling people deluded and getting defensive why don''t you engage in the discussion. It seems to me that all the insults you chuck at others describe your behaviour for 20 years. If they are wrong, or deluded, then console yourself that they probably weren''t wrong and deluded for as long as you.

It''s a topic that''s worth discussion. If you don’t want to see disparaging comments about the owners without sarcastically responding to all those that do, then a discussion forum is not the ideal place. Go outside and shout it to the moon or something.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Can’t anybody say anything disparaging about the owners, without being hounded in packs by the Delia fans?[/quote]
I don''t see it that way Hoola. In fact yesterday you were suggesting that fans of a different view to you weren''t even proper fans at all and that they supported the owners rather than the club. I found that both arrogant and offensive.
It''s a topic that''s worth discussion. If you want to say something disparaging about the owners without any response then a discussion forum is not the ideal place. Go outside and shout it to the moon or something[S]
[/quote]
Why not respond to the first point. I find it arrogant and offensive to have my support for our club questioned because I have a different view to others. As I said yesterday....
[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t think that''s right Kingo. To me that seems like an attempt to make out fans you disagree with aren''t proper fans who support the club. The alternative view would be some supporters want the club to fail in order to feed their primary aim of getting new owners. BTW I don''t believe that either. Unless of course they say it themselves...[/quote]

If Big Belligerent Bob was still at the helm....would those ''troo fans'' who consistently defend and fawn over our majority shareholders religiously defending them to the hilt.....Show the same the same respect and fawning adulation to him....?

I doubt those troo proppa boneyfidy fans who religiously support the majority shareholders instead of the team would. If I see one I''ll ask them. Pet.

I would love to be proven wrong but today just demonstrates further how we have fallen as a club. Getting hammered by Leeds!! We used to take their best players. No more excuses. Changes needed urgently.

It is bad enough having a c*ap football team, but as far as the Championship is concerned, NCFC is now sadly irrelevant.

Nothing will improve until enough supporters vent their anger at the board.

Beginning to feel this club is falling apart.

Since the owners interview with Henry Winterman the apathy amongst supporters has gradual risen. Win, draw or lose we know little will change as the owners do not have the wealth for the club to be competitive. They also have no desire for substantial investment that would challenge their hold on the club.

The club will continue to struggle to remain at this level until the day arrives when we stumble on another Lambertesque coach/ manager who is able to meld a squad on a meagre budget into the force we were under Lambert. In the meantime the best we should look for is attractive football played with some elan.

Can you imagine if a billionaire bid for the club how toxic it would be if Delia turned down the offer !

I Think that is the only way she would sell up if it went really bad at Matches

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Can you imagine if a billionaire bid for the club how toxic it would be if Delia turned down the offer !

I Think that is the only way she would sell up if it went really bad at Matches[/quote]
All a billionaire has to do then, to test your hypothesis for its toxicity, is actually to make an offer for the club. That has never happened. Not a billionaire, or even a mere millionaire.

Yes Purple the word Imagine was put there for a Reason

i know it has not happened BUT if it did

what are your thoughts IF a Billionaire made a offer and Delia turned it down ????

That would be it for me.

She’s held us back for to long and as I said before, we’re not standing still because most of the others are progressing and moving forward, we’re actually going backwards!!

Who knows if anyone has ever made a serious offer, I guess only a certain few but if it was known and she didn’t do what was best for the club then how can anyone stand by her.

It’s an entertainment business and I pay to be entertained and at the moment I am not being entertained by Norwich City.

I think that entertainment comment is where we are now. Gone are the days when supporters went to support the team. Now it''s entertainment business. A bit like going to a show or the panto.
The trouble is it''s not really about entertainment because there''s nothing entertaining about losing. A couple of years ago we lost 4-5 to Liverpool and I don''t remember one person being happily entertained. So it''s not about entertaining it''s about winning. Unfortunately football is cyclical and right now we are not in a winning part of that cycle. Will we be again? Undoubtedly. Will it be entertaining before then? no.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Yes Purple the word Imagine was put there for a Reason

i know it has not happened BUT if it did

what are your thoughts IF a Billionaire made a offer and Delia turned it down ????[/quote]
It would entirely depend on what the offer was. For example, just to take one crucial criterion, if this hypothetical billionaire said part of their plan to try to get promotion involved breaking FFP rules then I would, no matter what else and how much they were promising, vote my few shares against.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If this billionaire made an official offer to buy the club could they be sent packing without anyone knowing?[/quote]
No.

This is why I never accept that old argument that you can''t buy what''s not for sale. The people who pedal that nonsense are the same ones who say other folks money is the answer to any question.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="norfolkngood"]Can you imagine if a billionaire bid for the club how toxic it would be if Delia turned down the offer !

I Think that is the only way she would sell up if it went really bad at Matches[/quote]
All a billionaire has to do then, to test your hypothesis for its toxicity, is actually to make an offer for the club. That has never happened. Not a billionaire, or even a mere millionaire.
[/quote]

Fernandes bid

[quote user="Dr Greenthumb"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Fernandes bid[/quote]
If he did I wasn''t informed. Did anyone else get the memo?

I believe it will depend on which cat shares you hold and if your shareholders agreements have a Tag Along clause where the majority shareholder has the right to sell at a price agreed the minority will be tagged along.

I don’t think unless written in the articles the majority shareholder has the obligation to notify other shareholder of any offer unless they wish to.

I might be wrong!

[quote user="Dr Greenthumb"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Fernandes bid
[/quote]
No, he did not.

It depends what you mean by an offer. Much like a player transfer a formal “offer” is unlikely to be made without the current owners having been sounded out first. It is probably true that there have been no formal offers since Cullen but I’d any kind of informal approach is firmly rebuffed on the basis the club is not for sale then is it any wonder!

If Delia stuck to her word and made it clear the club was available for free to the right buyer (or even for a price that saw her recoup what she has put in) then I suspect there would be no shortage of potential purchasers.