Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

What to expect under Delia/Michael/Nephew Tom's ownership

[quote user="Mello Yello"]......Some folk seem to apparently know a lot of NCFC ''behind the scenes'' stuff.....Anyone actually know why Mr Bowkett left?.......[/quote]
Yes.

Those Bayer Boot Boys lost their ickle Gang Hut.......Now, having relocated, they''re now the Nelsonettes......alive an'' kicking on this forum.....

You can''t miss ''em......

You''re welcome and give my regards to the rest of ''Eddie and the Daft Sods''....."Do anything you Wanna Do!".....(That''s as long as you don''t criticise the board or the club)......

Purple

I’m agreeing with you that the repayment of the loans was not linked to our failure in the transfer market that summer because I think they were repaid after that.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Purple

I’m agreeing with you that the repayment of the loans was not linked to our failure in the transfer market that summer because I think they were repaid after that.[/quote]
Fine, Jim, We are agreed. McNally''s Saturday night tweet laying the blame squarely on Smith and Jones for the failures in a transfer window he oversaw as CEO and de facto football director was, as lawyers say, total b*ll*cks. Nothing to do with them being repaid.
I don''t know whether McNally wants to get back into football, but I doubt that tweet, if it were to get around what is a small world, would help over much, looking as it does like a bit of self-interested blame-shifting.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Mello Yello"]......Some folk seem to apparently know a lot of NCFC ''behind the scenes'' stuff.....Anyone actually know why Mr Bowkett left?.......[/quote]
Yes.
[/quote]

*opens popcorn*

Go on then.....I’ll even start for you....

“Once upon a time at Vicarage Road....”

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]
Yes.
[/quote]

*opens popcorn*

“Once upon a time at Vicarage Road....”[/quote]
So you know as well Duncan ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]
Yes.
[/quote]

*opens popcorn*

“Once upon a time at Vicarage Road....”[/quote]
So you know as well Duncan ?
[/quote]
It''s a marvel, given some of the hair-raising stuff (as far as defamation goes) that gets posted here, that those in the know have tended to be sensibly reticent on the subject. I have sometimes cynically wondered, though, if there would have been such quite reticence if the reason for Bowkett''s departure could have been obviously used as a stick with which to beat Smith and Jones.

I''m sticking with "once upon a time he wanted to spend more time with his family"

As for the lyrics...

"Do what you wanna do" (even if it''s not true)

It even rhymes!

So does "The fog on the Tyne''s all mine all mine"

Pet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If McNally got his timings wrong then what on earth was he talking about anyway.

But he didn''t.

I can''t believe how many people on here claim to be shareholders yet have no idea what goes on. Or perhaps they revisit something, that they previously supported, and deny all knowledge.

Well done Dicky for managing to whip up hatred over something that certainly doesn''t deserve it. I hope at some point the internet requires the same basic decency that is required elsewhere.[/quote]

Whipping up hatred - don''t be ridiculous. Are we not allowed to make comments about how we feel the club (our club) is being run? Having spoken to a successful club owner about this and seeing McNally''s tweets (and I think we can assume that he knows more about what went on than the people on here who claim to be in the know but never actually back this up) I think my points are totally valid. Used to think you were one of the more reasonable posters Nutty, but obvs not.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If McNally got his timings wrong then what on earth was he talking about anyway.

But he didn''t.

I can''t believe how many people on here claim to be shareholders yet have no idea what goes on. Or perhaps they revisit something, that they previously supported, and deny all knowledge.

Well done Dicky for managing to whip up hatred over something that certainly doesn''t deserve it. I hope at some point the internet requires the same basic decency that is required elsewhere.[/quote]

Whipping up hatred - don''t be ridiculous. Are we not allowed to make comments about how we feel the club (our club) is being run? Having spoken to a successful club owner about this and seeing McNally''s tweets (and I think we can assume that he knows more about what went on than the people on here who claim to be in the know but never actually back this up) I think my points are totally valid. Used to think you were one of the more reasonable posters Nutty, but obvs not.[/quote]
Dicky, the way you post puts a reflection of the situation that was not there. "Taking money out of the club" just hasn''t happened.   Repayment of long standing loans to Foulger and Smith and Jones has - and at the time the money was peanuts in the scheme of things when we were in the PL.  £2m was not a huge repayment to make when we were receiveing goodness knows how many millions from PL money.  It tidied up the books, that is all, imo.
DS and MJW have put money in - end of.  All they have done is put in a large part of their wealth into buying shares. And they made a short term loan.   They haven''t put much more in because maybe they haven''t got huge amounts of disposable income to put in.   But they have never taken money out - it just hasn''t happened.  The repayment of the loan was NOT taking money out of the club.
I pointed out to you earlier in this thread that a man with £200m at his disposal is always going to say that putting money in is the only way forwards - but he is not typical.  He is a Brighton fan through and through and could afford to spend that money.  That is great for him and for Brighton, but we are not Brighton.  Norwich are different and thank goodness we are. You can think that is a little ol'' Norwich attitude, but trying to put a slant on things as you are is not helpful.   There has never been money "taken out of the club" by anyone. It just doesn''t happen.  People get paid, people get loans repaid, but that is all.  Painting it any other way is verging on slander.
You couldn''t blame DS/MJW if they did walk away from the rubbish that is directed their way, but thankfully, most people know and can see the truth and that we are still a great club operating on a self-sustained basis.  I am sure you will see more and more clubs doing this as time goes by - and we are ahead of the game in that respect.  You can disagree, but don''t twist words to make up truths that aren''t there.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If McNally got his timings wrong then what on earth was he talking about anyway.

But he didn''t.

Whipping up hatred - don''t be ridiculous. Are we not allowed to make comments about how we feel the club (our club) is being run? Having spoken to a successful club owner about this and seeing McNally''s tweets (and I think we can assume that he knows more about what went on than the people on here who claim to be in the know but never actually back this up) I think my points are totally valid. Used to think you were one of the more reasonable posters Nutty, but obvs not.[/quote]
McNally''s tweet was almost certainly what it looked like - a not very bright attempt on a Saturday night two years after the event to rewrite history to shift the blame for that relegation away from his handling of that summer transfer window on to the owners.
If paying off Smith and Jones (and Foulger) stopped us spending money on a defender and a striker that summer (bearing in mind we spent around £10m on Brady and Dorrans) how on earth were we able to spend about £20m on Naismith, Klose and Jarvis that winter? We sold Grabban and Hooper, but that didn''t bring in anything like enough. The reality is we had millions left over from deals McNally admitted at the time he failed to pull off in the summer.

Thank goodness we are not Brighton or words to that effect hey Lakey ? Care to expand on that before we get the wish were Brighton retorts ?

I’d like someone to post the truth as to why Bowkett left?

[quote user="JF"]I’d like someone to post the truth as to why Bowkett left?[/quote]
Do you honestly expect if it was posted on here JF that it would be accepted by some ? Previous experience shows that it would descend into a farce and the thread or certainly a large number of posts would be deleted. I know what happened and the source is 100% trustworthy and the ingredients all fit within the timescale of events but i sure as heck won''t be posting it on here.
Now if i was a betting man i think i could name the next few posters to step forward. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Thank goodness we are not Brighton or words to that effect hey Lakey ? Care to expand on that before we get the wish were Brighton retorts ?
[/quote]
Ah yes, Brighton. Fabulous seaside resort within commuting from London, brilliant resurgence of a football club under Brighton loving rich owner, fabulous new stadium, excellent manager, good players staying in the PL, high hopes to build on that next year..........
Norwich can''t have the seaside next door, but it is only 20 or so miles away, we can''t have such a resurgence as Brighton because we were never homeless and anywway we have a great stadium which we own in prime position in the city and while we are not in the PL at the moment, we have been there four times in 14 years.   Maybe when Brighton have stayed in the PL for four years then they might hav emulated what we have achieved, but they haven''t yet.   They have spent a lot of money to get where they are but it remains to be seen if they can build on what they''ve done or whether like a lot of clubs who go up, come back down again quite quickly. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

But he didn''t.

Dicky, the way you post puts a reflection of the situation that was not there. "Taking money out of the club" just hasn''t happened.   Repayment of long standing loans to Foulger and Smith and Jones has - and at the time the money was peanuts in the scheme of things when we were in the PL.  £2m was not a huge repayment to make when we were receiveing goodness knows how many millions from PL money.  It tidied up the books, that is all, imo.
DS and MJW have put money in - end of.  All they have done is put in a large part of their wealth into buying shares. And they made a short term loan.   They haven''t put much more in because maybe they haven''t got huge amounts of disposable income to put in.   But they have never taken money out - it just hasn''t happened.  The repayment of the loan was NOT taking money out of the club.
I pointed out to you earlier in this thread that a man with £200m at his disposal is always going to say that putting money in is the only way forwards - but he is not typical.  He is a Brighton fan through and through and could afford to spend that money.  That is great for him and for Brighton, but we are not Brighton.  Norwich are different and thank goodness we are. You can think that is a little ol'' Norwich attitude, but trying to put a slant on things as you are is not helpful.   There has never been money "taken out of the club" by anyone. It just doesn''t happen.  People get paid, people get loans repaid, but that is all.  Painting it any other way is verging on slander.
You couldn''t blame DS/MJW if they did walk away from the rubbish that is directed their way, but thankfully, most people know and can see the truth and that we are still a great club operating on a self-sustained basis.  I am sure you will see more and more clubs doing this as time goes by - and we are ahead of the game in that respect.  You can disagree, but don''t twist words to make up truths that aren''t there.
[/quote]

Can you please try and be a bit more patronising in your reply? You make yourself sound like some football expert, when you''re not. You have your opinion, I have mine, to which I am entitled. I 100% believe, and many of my mates who are Norwich fans, believe that the club is falling behind compared with a lot of other clubs and that is because we are being held back by Delia/MWJ and that this will only get worse with Nephew Tom (who has no money to put in and no experience whatsoever of anything to do with running a football club other than being the nephew of a the current owners). In terms of taking money out of the club, despite your attempts to put it otherwise, they did take £2million plus out of the club when this could have helped strengthen the squad when we needed to (as McNally states). Don''t make out you''re an expert on the club - you don''t know any more than the rest of us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

But he didn''t.

[/quote]

Can you please try and be a bit more patronising in your reply? You make yourself sound like some football expert, when you''re not. You have your opinion, I have mine, to which I am entitled. I 100% believe, and many of my mates who are Norwich fans, believe that the club is falling behind compared with a lot of other clubs and that is because we are being held back by Delia/MWJ and that this will only get worse with Nephew Tom (who has no money to put in and no experience whatsoever of anything to do with running a football club other than being the nephew of a the current owners). In terms of taking money out of the club, despite your attempts to put it otherwise, they did take £2million plus out of the club when this could have helped strengthen the squad when we needed to (as McNally states). Don''t make out you''re an expert on the club - you don''t know any more than the rest of us.

Not one of your better efforts Lakey as from being on the verge of folding and playing at a sports track their rise from the ashes has been somewhat meteoric and has to be admired. A true example of the community with the help of a rich owner showing what can be done.
No doubt i will be accused of using them as a stick but i take my hat off to them. Not my tin hat of course as i feel i might be needing it. [;)]

I think you should post and be damned Tilly.I would be interested to read your story about Bowkett, couched in the usual "alledgedly" terms etc, as for the replies that may ensue, they can be judged on their own merit.

[quote user="Van wink"]I think you should post and be damned Tilly.I would be interested to read your story about Bowkett, couched in the usual "alledgedly" terms etc, as for the replies that may ensue, they can be judged on their own merit.
[/quote]
"Allegedly" really doesn''t help. That is an amateur belief. I think Mr Tilson is right here. It would be a shame if the whole mesage-board got permanently shut down just when we are on the verge of getting some exciting technological update I don''t pretend to understand...

"Don''t make out you''re an expert on the club - you don''t know any more than the rest of us."
I am no expert, but I know what I see and read and can make my own mind up about things.  Having a less than £2m loan repaid is not an issue - or certainly not the issue you are making it - you keep saying they have taken money out of the club and it simply isn''t true!
You and your mates, while I am sure go to many more matches than I do, are entitled to your opinions and I would agree it would be great of we had more money, but it isn''t like that and we have to try - imo - and do the best with what we have.  McNally wanted to spend every available penny on the team - that has proven a flawed strategy and clubs going up now are being much more savvy in how they spend their PL money.  Pouring money into a team at the expense of everything else is why we are where we are now - even if the loan you mentioning had not been repaid and used for team strengthening there is no sure way of knowing that would have made any difference whatsoever - £2m is peanuts when you consider how much is needed just for one player in terms transfer fees plus wages.
We have owners who can''t invest - their heir won''t have the money to invest -  you don''t have to like that, but you could try and understand that footballing decisions are less to do

with the board than under McNally - and more down to Webber who is answerable

to the board.  That is the way forwards, figurehead owners who delegate footballing decisions to a Sporting Director - that is why Webber is here. It wouldn''t matter if Father Christmas was the majority shareholder - the football side of the club is run by football people.  The money thing is an issue - but only because we have to live within our means.  We''ll have young players, a smattering of quality loanees and a few quality experienced players and should we be able to get promoted to the PL - the large part of that money from that should go into infrastructure, not throwing every penny at the team - which as the time with McNally proved - is not the way to develop your club.

[quote user="Dicky"]Nephew Tom (who has no money to put in and no experience whatsoever of anything to do with running a football club[/quote]
He''s got two and a half years experience.

But he didn''t.

Whipping up hatred - don''t be ridiculous. Are we not allowed to make comments about how we feel the club (our club) is being run? Having spoken to a successful club owner about this and seeing McNally''s tweets (and I think we can assume that he knows more about what went on than the people on here who claim to be in the know but never actually back this up) I th my points are totally valid. Used to think you were one of the more reasonable posters Nutty, but obvs not.[/quote]
Reasonable?
I think your posts are outrageously unreasonable.
McNally''s tweet : -
"Yes . Cash . & yet directors loans were repaid. Bizarre"
You continue to report this as saying Smith and Jones were taking money out of the club. How is that reasonable?
Directors loans were approx 1.5m from Smith & Jones, .5m from Foulger.
Here''s Alan Bowkett''s in 2013 : -
"Internal debt to the directors is around £2.1m, and we will be budgeting to eradicate that in this current financial year - and I don''t think there are many football clubs in the Premier League who could have a balance sheet like that," said Bowkett, who was quick to pay tribute to the role of majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones as well as deputy chairman Michael Foulger, each of them having committed significant personal investment to help keep the Norfolk club afloat when just a few years ago it languished in League One and stood on the brink of administration.
Now as it happened we were relegated in that "current financial year" so the directors managed to avoid having the interest free loans paid back committing to invest everything in an attempt to return to the PL. This was achieved and then Bowkett had his wish that the directors loans were paid back. At no point in time was it even suggested the directors had asked to be repaid even though the loans were "payable on demand".
How you manage to turn that into such hateful comments is beyond me Dicky. And though I don''t particularly view myself as a reasonable poster I do thin on this issue I''m far more reasonable than you.
As for Brighton - For how many of the 20 years of Smith & Jones ownership have you been able to hold them up as an example. And How many more years do you envisage the current gap between the clubs continuing. Always bearing in mind that Brighton are in an extremely long list of "temporary sticks".

The gap is widening and my view is it won''t be narrowing anytime soon. Just my opinion mind unless you can give me some pointers to the contrary ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="nutty nigel"]If McNally got his timings wrong then what on earth was he talking about anyway.

But he didn''t.

Whipping up hatred - don''t be ridiculous. Are we not allowed to make comments about how we feel the club (our club) is being run? Having spoken to a successful club owner about this and seeing McNally''s tweets (and I think we can assume that he knows more about what went on than the people on here who claim to be in the know but never actually back this up) I th my points are totally valid. Used to think you were one of the more reasonable posters Nutty, but obvs not.[/quote]
Reasonable?
I think your posts are outrageously unreasonable.
McNally''s tweet : -
"Yes . Cash . & yet directors loans were repaid. Bizarre"
You continue to report this as saying Smith and Jones were taking money out of the club. How is that reasonable?
Directors loans were approx 1.5m from Smith & Jones, .5m from Foulger.
Here''s Alan Bowkett''s in 2013 : -
"Internal debt to the directors is around £2.1m, and we will be budgeting to eradicate that in this current financial year - and I don''t think there are many football clubs in the Premier League who could have a balance sheet like that," said Bowkett, who was quick to pay tribute to the role of majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones as well as deputy chairman Michael Foulger, each of them having committed significant personal investment to help keep the Norfolk club afloat when just a few years ago it languished in League One and stood on the brink of administration.
Now as it happened we were relegated in that "current financial year" so the directors managed to avoid having the interest free loans paid back committing to invest everything in an attempt to return to the PL. This was achieved and then Bowkett had his wish that the directors loans were paid back. At no point in time was it even suggested the directors had asked to be repaid even though the loans were "payable on demand".
How you manage to turn that into such hateful comments is beyond me Dicky. And though I don''t particularly view myself as a reasonable poster I do thin on this issue I''m far more reasonable than you.
As for Brighton - For how many of the 20 years of Smith & Jones ownership have you been able to hold them up as an example. And How many more years do you envisage the current gap between the clubs continuing. Always bearing in mind that Brighton are in an extremely long list of "temporary sticks".
[/quote]

You obviously cannot see any wrong in Delia and MWJ - that''s your perogative - I personally think that what they bring to the club is not right for the club now as football changes at a fast pace. Last season, with Madders, Pritchard (for a bit), Murphy, Gunn, Reed, we couldn''t even finish in the top half of the second tier of the league. If you think that we will challenge for promotion next season without those players then I admire your optimism but think that you maybe need a bit of a reality check. If you think that it is right that Nephew Tom is forced upon us (in time) then I again disagree with you. Football is not like any other business - it may be legally (majority) owned by Delia.MWJ, but if they feel that this gives them the right to run the club to suit their personal wants, I will strongly oppose this. Nothing against them as people. but it pains me to see them let our club flounder on the shore due to their lack of ambition and desire to hold on to the club.