Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Extra Ticket Security For Scum Away.

Tickets go on sale next Monday 6th at 9am for those with 1200 points.
Your name and supporter number will be printed on the ticket.
At the turnstile who will have to have photo ID to match the name printed on the ticket or you will be refused entry !!
Now on the Club website.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
Tickets go on sale next Monday 6th at 9am for those with 1200 points.
Your name and supporter number will be printed on the ticket.
At the turnstile who will have to have photo ID to match the name printed on the ticket or you will be refused entry !!
Now on the Club website.
[/quote]
Surprising City 1st hasn''t already pointed out that a picture of a gorilla will be enough to fool the dimwitted farmhands on the turnstiles. [:D]
Besides they think we all look the same so it should be a shoo-in for Uncle Tom Cobley and all to blag admission.......[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
[quote user="Jim Bell"]Fabulous news will stop a load of plastics attending the game

About time this was introduced[/quote]
Eh ? With a low ticket allocation and everyone needing away points that never happened in recent years anyway ?
[/quote]
In fairness to Jim i must say Smithy that Ipswich is always a fixture where you see shed loads of fans you never see at any other away game and wondered how they obtained tickets.
This year i will take my bus pass as ID and you.................... ? [;)]

No problem for me

As Chairman Ed will be away on TV duty he has kindly given me his ticket for all the nice things I''ve said about him and Pixie

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]
[quote user="Jim Bell"]Fabulous news will stop a load of plastics attending the game

About time this was introduced[/quote]
Eh ? With a low ticket allocation and everyone needing away points that never happened in recent years anyway ?
[/quote]
In fairness to Jim i must say Smithy that Ipswich is always a fixture where you see shed loads of fans you never see at any other away game and wondered how they obtained tickets.
This year i will take my bus pass as ID and you.................... ? [;)]
[/quote]
Fair point Tilly. Whenever I go there I always seem to spot loads of people I know.
Re ID in honour of our original nickname I think I''ll take my Citizens Card.......you know, the one that proves you''re over 18 [;)]

Surely 1200 points is a bit low though? Must be thousands with more points than that and some people with high points totals likely to miss out.

Surely the club will have looked at the amount of points people had and done that cut off so that everyone with those points should get a ticket if they wish to go? You''d have thought the club would be sensible like that

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Surely 1200 points is a bit low though? Must be thousands with more points than that and some people with high points totals likely to miss out.[/quote]
The numbers following the club away from home has dropped since our Premiership days and therefore the points requirement has declined in line with it. Lincsy is right that the club look what number within the system could be satisfied at 1200 points and will therefore come within the 2,000 ticket allocation. If i remember correctly the play off was 1350 and then last season was 1300 and now this 1200 which is an indication of the gradual decline in the away following.

Im assuming that the extra security with having names on tickets & having to show ID at turnstile has been agreed for both the away & home fixture because of all the thousands of pounds worth of damage they did to our concourse last season including pulling down light fittings?

It always has me wondering how in previous years you see hundreds of faces you never see at any other away games when Scum is virtually an isolated game where the points system is used. Somehow i have a feeling this will not happen this time.

Slightly off topic but along the same lines I''ve just booked an open return on the train for £14, decent price I think. Just a heads up for anyone making travel arrangements!

[quote user="Diane"]Im assuming that the extra security with having names on tickets & having to show ID at turnstile has been agreed for both the away & home fixture because of all the thousands of pounds worth of damage they did to our concourse last season including pulling down light fittings?[/quote]

Yes and lets not forget that our fans did exactly the same at their ground last season as well. Trashing the light fittings and kiosks in the Lower part of the ground. Hard to give them stick for their behavior when we were no better!!!

Not sure where you got that from Ren, there were only 8 arrests at PR last season, mostly fisticuffs outside the station, the only damage done inside their stadium were some damaged seats. 
I didn''t go myself, but remember reading that there was hardly any problems, also have a friend who works there who said there was no major damage inside the stadium.
Think you''re getting confused with when they came to us and pulled down the light fittings, plenty of videos around that they took of themselves doing it
[url]http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/eight-fans-arrested-by-suffolk-police-after-ipswich-norwich-derby-1-5247120[/url]

[quote user="lincsy88"]Slightly off topic but along the same lines I''ve just booked an open return on the train for £14, decent price I think. Just a heads up for anyone making travel arrangements![/quote]
Travel on a Groupsave ( 3 or more ) open day return and it is £12 each.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="lincsy88"]Slightly off topic but along the same lines I''ve just booked an open return on the train for £14, decent price I think. Just a heads up for anyone making travel arrangements![/quote]
Travel on a Groupsave ( 3 or more ) open day return and it is £12 each.
[/quote]

Didn''t realise that Til, there was only two of us so missed out on saving a couple of quid there!

I witnessed it with my own eyes Diane, so I know it happened. Lots of strip lights pulled down and everything that was laid out for our fans to use, sugar, spoons etc chucked all over the place. Posters pulled off the wall etc, so lets not pretend that we are whiter than white. Extra security called in the end, and as I say I expect that contributed to this extra security.

...and no I am not confused with what happened at our place. I did not witness that as I was in the Barclay, but I have seen the videos, yes.

No not really just slightly longer queues at the turnstiles but minimum disruption and once i waved my bus pass having been asked for ID i was in. [:D]

Did not get asked for ID but they insisted on initially back of ticket. The stewards on outside of my entry turnstile were from Colchester United FC & commented about mixed messages on what exactly they should be doing. Not sure what the exercise achieved.