Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Football Lads Alliance

Is it the act of prayer, or those doing it that is upsetting you most ?

Ahahahaha. Actually RTB, they did seek permission. They got permission, and not just that, The council even adjusted traffic flow to accommodate the celebration. Doesnt it make your blood boil when innocent muslims can enjoy a peaceful, fully permitted day of celebration that passes without incident? Outrageous hey?

Although again, I don''t find it outrageous because I''m not racist.

Busy at the moment. Later I will post the response from the park authorities about this incident which occurred before the end of Ramadan, so contain your glee for the moment

I''d rather have muslims praying in my local park than the young lads who hare round the entrance on scooters. They''re a real nuisance!

Stirling said a little prayer to Allah (peace be upon him) before the game yesterday, as did at least one of the Tunisians.

Should have really been a draw!

Stirling said a little prayer to Allah (peace be upon him) before the game yesterday, as did at least one of the Tunisians.

Should have really been a draw!

So God has his favourites as well.

[quote user="kick it off"]Ahahahaha. Actually RTB, they did seek permission. They got permission, and not just that, The council even adjusted traffic flow to accommodate the celebration. Doesnt it make your blood boil when innocent muslims can enjoy a peaceful, fully permitted day of celebration that passes without incident? Outrageous hey?

Although again, I don''t find it outrageous because I''m not racist.[/quote]
So you are claiming that these people obtained permission from the authorities to celebrate the end of Ramadan? Well let your blood cool a little because the dates of Ramadan this year are between 16th May to 14 June inclusive, and this video was uploaded 2nd April, so clearly your facts are wrong and you have shown yourself to be a fool.
In addition a member of the public emailed the park authorities to complain about the incident. You can find the source in the comments of the video and I will repeat it here.
In response to the recent events at Speakers’ Corner, we would like to reaffirm that The Royal Parks has not changed its longstanding policy forbidding collective religious activity in the parks. However it is for the police to enforce the Park Regulations relating to illegal assembly. The police are operationally independent but we continue to work closely with them to ensure the Royal Parks are open to all.

Yours sincerely,

Alison Tingle

In the psychiatrists chair;
So, RTB, was there a particular incident that made you hate an entire group of people, or was it simply years of being drip fed Islamophobic stories by the Mail and Breitbart that have turned you?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]
[quote user="kick it off"]Ahahahaha. Actually RTB, they did seek permission. They got permission, and not just that, The council even adjusted traffic flow to accommodate the celebration. Doesnt it make your blood boil when innocent muslims can enjoy a peaceful, fully permitted day of celebration that passes without incident? Outrageous hey?

So you are claiming that these people obtained permission from the authorities to celebrate the end of Ramadan? Well let your blood cool a little because the dates of Ramadan this year are between 16th May to 14 June inclusive, and this video was uploaded 2nd April, so clearly your facts are wrong and you have shown yourself to be a fool.
In addition a member of the public emailed the park authorities to complain about the incident. You can find the source in the comments of the video and I will repeat it here.
In response to the recent events at Speakers’ Corner, we would like to reaffirm that The Royal Parks has not changed its longstanding policy forbidding collective religious activity in the parks. However it is for the police to enforce the Park Regulations relating to illegal assembly. The police are operationally independent but we continue to work closely with them to ensure the Royal Parks are open to all.

Yours sincerely,

Alison Tingle
[/quote]
Oh, apologies, I thought you were referring to the current new cycle with the 140,000 people in Birmingham. They did obtain permission and the council were very accomodating. Is there a reason you''re so bothered about 100 people doing so against park regulations several months ago compared to 140,000 people doing it last weekend? Almost like you''re trying to choose the stories that fit your agenda or something.

and regardless of which incident we''re discussing, the fact remains that only a racist would be offended by people harmlessly and innocently praying in a park.

What has being anti-religion got to do with being racist?

[quote user="Ian"]What has being anti-religion got to do with being racist?[/quote]
We''ve already established he isn''t anti-religion, he just doesn''t like brown people.

I remember when it used to be progressive and left wing to be an anti-establishment/Christianity atheist - now it all seems to be about defending the religious freedoms of Islam (Halal restaurants anyone?)

Can someone please explain the rules? Asking for a friend...

It''s called standing up to racists and bigots
There are no ''rules'' as you lot can appear anywhere

Knowing the difference between right and wrong that''s the rules in a simplistic way.
Unfairly maligning a whole group of people because of their religion, whether it be Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist etc. Wrong.
Letting people be to practice their religion, freely,peacefully and without hindrance. Right.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]

Yours sincerely,

Alison Tingle
[/quote]
Oh, apologies, I thought you were referring to the current new cycle with the 140,000 people in Birmingham. They did obtain permission and the council were very accomodating. Is there a reason you''re so bothered about 100 people doing so against park regulations several months ago compared to 140,000 people doing it last weekend? Almost like you''re trying to choose the stories that fit your agenda or something.
[/quote]
You''re a fool so stop digging a bigger fool''s hole

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]

Yours sincerely,

Alison Tingle
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why? Because I assumed you were referring to the news from this week that 140,000 people had a peaceful mass prayer and celebration for Eid? As opposed to dragging up a story from months ago about an event that was over 1000 times smaller, and an issue no-one gives a toss about anyway? 
Just admit you''re a bloody racist. You wouldn''t care if it was a christian gathering but you can''t hack it because it''s muslims. The only fool here is you thinking anybody else gives a toss if they consulted park authorities and statutes before holding a prayer meeting. They didn''t endanger anybody, they didn''t harm anybody, complaining about this is like complaining because someone is silently using their phone in a library and they operate a no-phones policy. It''s pathetic, you''re pathetic and you need to get a grip.

I work in HE in Birmingham and had these ''Lads'' on campus for our Open Day in March. No idea what figures they have chucked about but there weren''t more than 1,000-1,500 at the demo, more possibly at the ''Democratic'' equivalent half a mile away – apparently the difference between the two is about a financial fall out.

They spouted some garbage about ''Making Britain Great Again'' before – just a bit ironically – leaving the place piled high with s**t they couldn''t be bothered clearing up. They also urinated up the walls of buildings in open view of families – teenagers, parents, grandparents – attending the university for the day.

Someone on this thread said the Council was supportive of the event ... I mean, yes, but only because they''ve a legal duty to support free speech. I''m not in favour of denying these people the right to speak freely in public but don''t be in any doubt that the rhetoric was racist and the tone of the event vile.

Who the hell needs this mob to tell the world terrorism is an affront to democracy? No-one. Which is one big reason why that isn''t what they''re doing – they''re fermenting inter-racial hostility. Attach yourselves to this movement if you want to but don''t tell me or anyone else it''s anything other than a far right, racist, new brand successor to the National Front, BNP and EDL.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]

Yours sincerely,

Alison Tingle
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why? Because I assumed you were referring to the news from this week that 140,000 people had a peaceful mass prayer and celebration for Eid? As opposed to dragging up a story from months ago about an event that was over 1000 times smaller, and an issue no-one gives a toss about anyway? 
Just admit you''re a bloody racist. You wouldn''t care if it was a christian gathering but you can''t hack it because it''s muslims. The only fool here is you thinking anybody else gives a toss if they consulted park authorities and statutes before holding a prayer meeting. They didn''t endanger anybody, they didn''t harm anybody, complaining about this is like complaining because someone is silently using their phone in a library and they operate a no-phones policy. It''s pathetic, you''re pathetic and you need to get a grip.
[/quote]
You''e a fool for thinking you can bait me with your scurrilous accusations.
For your benefit, here is the original video I posted. Both Herman and Cornish Sam directly mentioned it. CS wrote this on Sunday morning immediately before your post
"

I''ve just done a little more research and the thing against religious activity is actually a royal parks policy which isn''t actually covered by the law that parliament has passed so technically no law was actually being broken... 
So you can see we were not referring to Birmingham as you claim. Perhaps you didn''t even bother to view the original video but you just jumped into the thread so you could indulge in a bit of ''look at me'' virtue signalling without even knowing what was being discussed.
But I''m sure we''ll have Herman and City 1st along in a minute to back you up and make you look an even bigger fool than you are now.

I didn''t watch the video and I don''t profess to be an expert on which parks have royal decrees. It was Birmingham in all the news so it was a pretty logical leap, rather than assuming youd dredged through local news from 3 months ago to find a reason to complain about brown people. The discussion still stands regardless. You have a problem with muslims that even extends to petty crap like public prayers. It''s still pathetic and you''re still a racist.

"The 12th Devine"

I work in HE in Birmingham and had these ''Lads'' on campus for our Open Day in March. No idea what figures they have chucked about but there weren''t more than 1,000-1,500 at the demo, more possibly at the ''Democratic'' equivalent half a mile away – apparently the difference between the two is about a financial fall out.

They spouted some garbage about ''Making Britain Great Again'' before – just a bit ironically – leaving the place piled high with s**t they couldn''t be bothered clearing up. They also urinated up the walls of buildings in open view of families – teenagers, parents, grandparents – attending the university for the day.

Someone on this thread said the Council was supportive of the event ... I mean, yes, but only because they''ve a legal duty to support free speech. I''m not in favour of denying these people the right to speak freely in public but don''t be in any doubt that the rhetoric was racist and the tone of the event vile.

Who the hell needs this mob to tell the world terrorism is an affront to democracy? No-one. Which is one big reason why that isn''t what they''re doing – they''re fermenting inter-racial hostility. Attach yourselves to this movement if you want to but don''t tell me or anyone else it''s anything other than a far right, racist, new brand successor to the National Front, BNP and EDL.

Good post, thanks.

I know a bit about this whole stupid praying in Royal Parks story - it is a classic bit of hyperbole and misinformation from far-right groups on the internet.

The facts of the case are as follows;

The Muslim people praying are doing so at Speakers’ Corner, on the edge of Hyde Park in London. Hyde Park is a Royal Park and thus governed by the Royal Parks a charity group established only last year to manage the Crown owned ‘Royal Parks’ in London. I’m sure everyone is familiar with Speakers’ Corner - the geographic manifestation of the British belief of free speech. It has been a historical flash point for protest and controversial speech - although not free from the laws of the country as some people believe. The only exception is that you can make a public address or speech in this area without written permission from the Royal Parks. There has also been a history of fairly extreme religious views being promoted here. It is a bit of a nightmare for the police as there are regularly fights and confrontations there.

The Royal Parks have a policy that no communal praying is allowed in their parks. It is a policy for the management of their parks and not a regulation or law. When asked about this point the Metropolitan Police were very clear in saying ‘We do not police policy’.

So a bunch of Muslim fella decided to have a pray at Speakers’ Corner and a bunch of far-right islamophoboes kicked off about it and accused the police of not upholding the law (not true). It would be like demanding the police storm in an arrest everyone who has a BBQ in a Royal Park (also against Policy).

The far-right bleat on about freedom of speech, but as soon as some Muslims want to have a pray in an area famous for free speech they lose their rag.

So yeah, that’s the facts.

Thanks BYG. Excellent summary. I''m sure RTB and all the other RWNJs have never broken a policy if any kind, anywhere though so will still maintain their moral outrage that a group of people had a peaceful prayer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Forgot to add that you can be arrested in a Royal Park for touching a pelican though. So if any far-right people spot a Muslim touching a pelican I suggest they dial 999 straight away.[/quote]
Does that include pressing the button on a Pelican Crossing?

[quote user="kick it off"]I didn''t watch the video and I don''t profess to be an expert on which parks have royal decrees. It was Birmingham in all the news so it was a pretty logical leap, rather than assuming youd dredged through local news from 3 months ago to find a reason to complain about brown people. The discussion still stands regardless. You have a problem with muslims that even extends to petty crap like public prayers. It''s still pathetic and you''re still a racist.[/quote]
Exactly as I said, you didn''t even watch the video that we were discussing but you still jumped into a debate like a petulant manchild so that you could virtue signal your snowflake credentials despite admitting you knew nothing about the subject.
I won''t stoop down to your level of name-calling other than to say you, Herman and City 1st make perfect bedfellows.