Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

New forum software - what would you like to see?

Cant be long now cause Pete did say a couple of weeks after the start of the season  & he seemed pretty confident that it will happen this time

Correct Diane.
Final testing to resolve any bugs should happen any day now then I just need to sign it off and plan a rollout for live release. When that''s sorted there will be a big sticky post at the top of the forum telling you when the upgrade is taking place and what you need to do (if anything) when it switches over.

Thanks Pete (I use Safari browser)

A text edit button (I generate a lot of typos)

A simpler Quote function and Web Link function.

A Preview that displays the post as it will be (at this time, at least on Safari) it ignores any spaces / returns so you can''t see paragraphs - all the text jams together.

A better search function (maybe it exists already) i.e. a search for posts by Topic and a search for all posts by an individual User Name

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Any day now.............yeah ok whatever.[/quote]

What an exceptionally sad and irrelevant little man you are. Petty and spiteful on, often with the kind of comments my 6 year old would come out with!

Grow up and leave whatever issues you have with Pete at the door for the good of the forum

Trace the history of this new forum softeware update which goes back to 2014 and then you might understand where i am coming from. No issue with Pete by the way other than a constant stream of false dawns for over 4 years now.

Attleborough, you have to understand that John is now retired. Unfortunately, policing still flows through those veins. As such, he gathers evidence and, when he sees fit, he uses it to police the forum. A Pinky Plod, if you will.

You can also often see him patrolling the Dereham Road roundabout (Larkman) and on occasion he still dons the white gloves and attempts to direct traffic at the bottom of Exchange Street.

We all have our foibles and his are fairly harmless.

Live and let Bill.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]launch running behind time, Pete ?
[/quote]
Careful now Swindon or Attleborough Canary will call you a sad irrelevant little man if you question Pete. [:P]

Pete, I know u posted they were testing the new forum at the end of August and then again last week, so is it nearly ready to launch now?

Diane - Just agreeing on ad placement then I get my hands on it. Like I said before, when it''s all sorted there will be a big sticky post at the top of the

forum telling you when the upgrade is taking place and what you need to

do (if anything) when it switches over.
Leeds - more than likely.

While we''re on the topic, how come there''s no "enable/disable all" option when setting your third-parties advertising/tracking options? No other site I know makes you click 300 advertisers individually!
Design really seems like an ''advert'' for ad-blockers... which i''ve always resisted out of respect for small websites'' revenue, but have to say this is starting to push my thinking in that direction.